BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Assault:" items?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

"Assault:" items?

I got an Imperial Ring doing the worm killing Assault mission a while back. I was aware that it worked in Salvage too, but surprised yesterday to see that it worked in the BLU+Soulflayer (42) and BLU+Alex (44) ToAU missions as well.

Is "Assault:" really just all instanced ToAU content? Or (perhaps glitched) all instanced Assault-style content including WotG stuff?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    I got an Imperial Ring doing the worm killing Assault mission a while back. I was aware that it worked in Salvage too, but surprised yesterday to see that it worked in the BLU+Soulflayer (42) and BLU+Alex (44) ToAU missions as well.

Is "Assault:" really just all instanced ToAU content? Or (perhaps glitched) all instanced Assault-style content including WotG stuff?
    anything "in assault" works in zones assaults take place in + salvage.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    anything "in assault" works in zones assaults take place in + salvage.
    + the ashu talif.

Only 'instanced' toau zones I'm not sure if they work in are the 3 BC (ISNM) areas.

not in ISNM as that does not generate a new instanced zone. only assaults, salvage, cutter, or any missions in those zones.

Einherjar is an instanced ToAU zone

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Are you stating that Einherjar is an exception to the apparent "new instanced zone" rule for these items to take effect or are you wondering if they work in Einherjar? Cause I would be interested in that myself. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    einherjar is instanced in the same way as bcs are instanced. there are a finite number of rooms (1 for each wing and 1 for odin) that all exist in the same zone. instanced in this context implies an entire zone that is exclusive to a group of players and is created/destroyed as players enter and exit.

assault : means salvage, the ashu taliff bcnms/quests/missions and assault. They don't work in Einherjar, which is sad.

Thorshammer

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    assault : means salvage, the ashu taliff bcnms/quests/missions and assault. They don't work in Einherjar, which is sad.
    very sad! QQ

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    I guess the easiest way to make sure would be to equip something like Ulthalam's Ring. Easier to see if "Assault:" is active. Never really thought about testing in all those areas but it does make sense that they should work there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Einherjar is NOT instanced and neither are all normal BC's. In fact it's very easy to tell which of the 10 chamber's you're in by counting the gold dots on the cage banners.

The only instanced zones are assault areas, ashu talif, nyzul isle and salvage areas, the three past Ops zones, and perhaps walk of echoes someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Einherjar is NOT instanced and neither are all normal BC's. In fact it's very easy to tell which of the 10 chamber's you're in by counting the gold dots on the cage banners.

The only instanced zones are assault areas, ashu talif, nyzul isle and salvage areas, the three past Ops zones, and perhaps walk of echoes someday.
    what gold dots? can you provide a screenshot? i've never noticed them.