1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Discussion of 14 and all the information about it.

Discuss planned new linkshells for 14, gather groups to start servers, discuss job classes, beta information, anything you might like.

Keep it civil.

Banned.

BG Level

A fair warning:

This is what a FFXIV board should NOT look like:

Final Fantasy XIV (FF14) at ZAM

Not a single fucking thing worth reading.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

appreciate it sonomaa. Hoping we get some more info soon, even a few breadcrumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    A fair warning:

This is what a FFXIV board should NOT look like:

Final Fantasy XIV (FF14) at ZAM

Not a single fucking thing worth reading.
    I know ZAM forums have a bad rep, so I'm not gonna get into that. I actually kind of prefer BGs laid back approach to FFXIV so far. Still, tons of people out there are just itching for info, so I guess it's okay for them to have their fun for now.

I'll be working to make sure the front page and wiki always have the latest news and interviews from Japan, so I hope you'll check that out. I've already got a number of magazine interviews translated and posted.

Also, I'm going to maintain a thread in this section as well so BGers can be in the loop concerning new developments from the comfort of their own forums.

Banned.

BG Level

Board is already flooding with bullshit speculation threads. What is wrong with you people?

Thank you Sonomaa, much appreciated.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Speculation threads are going to have to follow the trend and preface it with that. Also don't make multiple speculation threads about the same topic. If you want to talk about it, that's fine, just keep similar speculation grouped within the same thread. Don't go fucking nuts here. If you find new information and start a thread, please be courtious and update the original post as more information becomes translated/found that relates to your post.

is anyone modding this section?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Speculation threads are going to have to follow the trend and preface it with that. Also don't make multiple speculation threads about the same topic. If you want to talk about it, that's fine, just keep similar speculation grouped within the same thread. Don't go fucking nuts here. If you find new information and start a thread, please be courtious and update the original post as more information becomes translated/found that relates to your post.
    I don't know why my post was moved, but there should just be ONE speculation thread for EVERYTHING. It is not like this isn't just rambling about bullshit, no one will ever want to go look for some specific piece of speculation so it is not like we are making it harder for them.

EDIT: Same applies for "What are you going to do about X when the game comes out?!" Make one thread for that. These threads might be worse since it is not like anyone has ever stuck to their "ima be a RDM/DRG and use a polearm!" plans when FFXI was new.

Just combine all the current ones and the forum suddenly becomes clean.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Some duplicate threads popping up.

If you think you have something new, please check the threads that are already up to see if it's already been posted. (And save yourself from looking like a dummy dum dum).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I also feel this forum section is fairly laidback and I've enjoyed reading a couple of threads so far

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

All there is going to be to do for quite some time is speculate. However, people feel the need to talk about XIV, so how are a bunch of speculation threads dealing with different topics hurting anyone?

Personally I find speculation completely pointless and inane, but I like talking about 14 and its lack of info anyway... such a conundrum

has there been any talk or mention of a jump button? it is of the utmost importance. i mean the UI is pretty much WoW anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was said you cannot jump atm, but S-E is considering adding it maaaybe.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Let's not have jumping please. I'll spend all my time jumping off the highest waterfall I can find.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by kupkup View Post
    has there been any talk or mention of a jump button? it is of the utmost importance. i mean the UI is pretty much WoW anyway.
    Don't you mean the UI is pretty much like every generic MMO ever? >.> We really don't need jumping, climbing? Sure, FFXI added it in CoP though limited and not exactly a "physical" command, but there was a lot of things in FFXI I wished I could climb.

Only kind of jumping I'd want is Zelda style or with use with Dragoon Class, which if there's puzzles in dungeons like in every other FF ever it would be nice

If not either of those..fuck jumping lol it just makes the game look retarded.

if i have to take a 3 hour trip through 2 zones to make it past a rock that is small enough my gekko animation has my whole body over it, im gonna pooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuut.

People keep saying that. Would the game really be any better if that ledge was ten feet higher? Because, were they to instate jumping, there'd still be physical limitations, in the form of the same god damned ledges people whine about, two feet higher than normal.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm probably gonna spend the first month after official release looking for Dupe and Vendor glitches. After all, how many JPs were set from start to finish just off Rusty-whatever-the-hell-it-was and never got caught? Plus, if you do it early on, then even if you get caught, you won't be screwed out of years of work like Salvage dupes. If the game is as glitchy as many new MMOs are upon release, then that time would be your best chance to find something and be set for the duration of your FFXIV life.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but I'm probably gonna spend the first month after official release looking for Dupe and Vendor glitches. After all, how many JPs were set from start to finish just off Rusty-whatever-the-hell-it-was and never got caught? Plus, if you do it early on, then even if you get caught, you won't be screwed out of years of work like Salvage dupes. If the game is as glitchy as many new MMOs are upon release, then that time would be your best chance to find something and be set for the duration of your FFXIV life.
    I hope you feel an immense amount of satisfaction and reward for your accomplishment.
    PS> Thanks for necrobumping
    PPS> Don't play on my server.