+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ffxi down     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

ffxi down

i was omw to an xp pt... a friend and myself have been dc'd and keep getting connection error... he's a rl friend so it could be roadrunner being gay or ffxi... this is on phoenix btw... anyone else?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not just FFXI, POL is semi hosed, probably as a result of everyone trying to relog at once. Also on Phoenix.

Same thing, Fenrir/Brighthouse ISP. Heard people have dc'd from friends parties.

What was the one a couple saturdays back, a Comcast blackout? Didn't get hit by that one.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

FL, Roadrunner/Bright House cable too. Can't log in either been having the same R0 issues since 11pm, >_>; the other two threads about this've been locked~

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's roadrunner, talking on vent with some friends during a smn burn and me and one other guy got booted, everyone else is still in game. This has been happening some the past few days but this is the worst so far.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

yea, coincidently enough... i've been getting connection timeout all day... and then now it's like permanent. /sigh... i wanted xp damnit.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Im on brighthouse in CA. 3rd time now ive been kicked off FFXI

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'd say this started happening a couple days ago. Me and another guy (who is in a different state) both have roadrunner, and we would d/c at the exact same time every single time.

BG Level

Yeah, started for me 2 days ago as well.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If it only happened in the early AMs like this it wouldn't be as big an issue. It's been happening a LOT at any hour of the day or night.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, there has been no times where it seems to keep happening, it has just been any time of the day and has been rather annoyingly frequent.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Wasn't the big R0/Dc issue a little while ago from Comcast, and now it's Roadrunner? Seems bizarre, there was supposedly a RR issue in april of this year too but it supposedly cleared up.

http://forums.nycap.rr.com/index.php?topic=208.0

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

could be synergy quest related possibly? dc'd everyone that did the new synergy shit?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

anyways, i'm crashin, fuck this... i'll check it in the morning... i guarantee there's an emergency maintenance yet again in a few hours.

BG Level

Nah, I haven't touched it and getting DCed and unable to log into the game.

Seems like SE is blocking Roundrunner ISPs for some reason.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unicorn, California, Cox cable. Rock solid connection.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Nothing to do with anything it seems but ISP. If i wasn't already up for the day at such a fucked hour I wouldn't care and just go to bed. X_x

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hey guys, the Tier I helpdesk at TWC has the answer to your problem: Unplug your modem, wait a minute and plug it back in! ... oh wait that didn't work? Hmmm, guess they can send a truck out tomorrow. Don't worry, the guys they send out totally know less about how your modem works than you do! After offering to replace your modem and saying BS about your power levels, they will leave promising to put a watch on your connection for the next 72 hours. If the problem hasn't magically fixed itself by then, maybe you'll just give up!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Idk about anybody else, but it's up for me as of around 3:45AM EST and i haven't even R0'd once.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm in Northwestern Ontario and I got booted a few times this evening. Once was during Salvage as Gate Widow popped, and it was off because I wasn't even red dotting, my party members just kinda froze up.

Later I was meritting and FFXI crashed pretty hardcore. I tried relogging, but I kept getting POL-0033 errors, saying that the server was unavailable, yet I was chatting to my buddy on MSN who was in my pt. I rebooted my router after I waited like 10 minutes, and it seemed to fix it. Not to sure about the error I was getting though, it was a little odd.