+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ouryu Cometh Questions.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ouryu Cometh Questions.

First, I apologize beforehand if any of these have been answered, I have searched threads and couldnt find a whole lot of info.. A few questions..

1. I have heard that mistmelts do and do not work on this BC. I am under the assumption that they do work, I just wanted to make sure 100%.

2. I assume he has a wing attack like other wyrms. Whats the additional effect on his wing? (jorm-para, tiamat-plague etc..)

3. How fast is the cast on breakga? Is it easily stunnable or is it going to hit very often?

4. Does AOE terror last as long as the single target terror from other wyrms? like 15 seconds or so I guess..

5. What is the best summoner blood pact for damage? Predator Claws?

6. Does he resist all forms of slow? Hojo/Elegy/Slow

7. Does he have a horrid roar hate reset move like jorm?

prolly have more, but cant think Any additional info would be appreciated..

peace..

Mistmelts work 100%.

The additional effect to his wing is a Nasty Slow that overwrites Haste. Need to Erase it.

You can't stun him, so don't bother.

AoE Terror seems to have a random time that you're terrorized (might be based on TP?)

He has a roar that removes buffs.

Re: Ouryu Cometh Questions.

1) They do work.
    2) Wing did slow if I remember correctly..
    3) I have never seen him cast Breakga.. but he does cast Break
    4) It lasts pretty long, its his roar move that does this.
    5) He has really high defense, so Nether Blast is probably better than the other BPs now (unless they crit)
    6) He seems to have really high resist being earth element and all, but I am not sure if its 100% (might be 95%)
    7) He has all the moves you would expect him to have, except Absolute Terror is AOE instead of single target.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

its breakga, and garuda best. He has same resistances as other wyrms.
    roar is -hate and buffs as usual...etc etc

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Out of curiosity, if mistmelts work here, would they work in say, the second Bahamut BC? It'd be really nice to know if they did. I was really skeptical about them working for the uncapped Ouryu Commeth fight at first. =X

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I heard somewhere that SE nerfed this BC and that ouryu doesnt even fly anymore. Is that true? o.o;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    I heard somewhere that SE nerfed this BC and that ouryu doesnt even fly anymore. Is that true? o.o;
    Pfft, wtf? For an AoE that's only Slow... (Not Paralyze, or Virus...) I don't think it'd be too bad to have him in the air. What makes Jorm and Tiamat fights so hard in the first place is the adds in their roaming area... but here, there are no adds that can't be dealt with. (Worms and Elementals can be slept/charmed) I personally don't feel it'd be 'that hard' to maintain a monster that uses earth spells while it's in the air.

But, if they nerfed it... all the better, because on Jorm+Tiamat you'd usually stun him like a mofo in the air, but you can't do that to Ouryu...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

He has a buttload of hp, kinda hard to down him if you let him fly, plus his AE's can be really nasty. Adds build up resistances too btw...

They haven't nerfed it. He still flies.

Garuda/Levi/Diablos seem to be the avatars to use.

lol.

Because you won't be able to do it anyway unless you have ridiculously good people, I'll fucking tell you.

BLMs, two Wind-based renkeis.

END OF STORY.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    lol.
    Wind-based renkeis.

END OF STORY.
    Blizz will yield lower resist rates, and higher dmg. If you don't like wind, go with ice. Nuking wind on Ouryu is like nuking water on Fafnir. Sure, Faf is based on fire, strong to ice, and weak to water...but thunder MBs are sexier. Same goes for Ouryu and Blizzard. ^^

BLMs seem to be more effective for dmg, overall, compared with SMNs. Remember, you're timed, so although SMN dmg is nice because it leaves no residual hate, it's a bit slow, and you can only attack on the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnard
    ...so although SMN dmg is nice because it leaves no residual hate, it's a bit slow, and you can only attack on the ground...
    Lies!

We don't use mist melts because we're too lazy to farm them, so we use a BLM-heavy setup because they can nuke just as effectively (if not more effectly) while he is in the air as they can while he is on the ground.

If you have a buttload of Mist Melts, then summoners are just as effective here as with any other wyrm fight; however, he flies a lot (haven't timed it, but he spends a lot of time in the air), so summoners are kind of gimped if you don't have mist melts. It's not so much Ouryu himself that you have to worry about as it is making sure that he is dead within the hour that they give you.

Diabolos's ranged blood pact changes this some, but I don't think it makes it significantly different.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mist Melts aren't really needed. Everytime my ls does uncapped ouryu we let it fly.

we've killed it many many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnard
    lol.
    Wind-based renkeis.

END OF STORY.
    Blizz will yield lower resist rates, and higher dmg. If you don't like wind, go with ice. Nuking wind on Ouryu is like nuking water on Fafnir. Sure, Faf is based on fire, strong to ice, and weak to water...but thunder MBs are sexier. Same goes for Ouryu and Blizzard. ^^

BLMs seem to be more effective for dmg, overall, compared with SMNs. Remember, you're timed, so although SMN dmg is nice because it leaves no residual hate, it's a bit slow, and you can only attack on the ground...
    'scuse.

Wind based renkeis exponentially increase the amount of resist dropped off wind-spells because Ouryu is an earth-based mob, and (with my 333 EleSkill (non-ice)) I see less resists on wind magic than ice.

Blizzard is nice and stuff. Yeah, great that it has +10 Skill to it. Wonderful. Using AeroIV is also better (imo) because it's going to make those crappy BLM that every LS always has at least 2-3 of not pull hate for overnuking by accident.

I'll say this about the BC, then I'm not posting in the topic anymore.

If you don't have two good people for add control, no matter how good the rest of your people are, you will run out of time or wipe.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SMN not hitting in the air is no longer an issue. Hi2u diabolos

Wind based renkeis exponentially increase the amount of resist dropped off wind-spells because Ouryu is an earth-based mob, and (with my 333 EleSkill (non-ice)) I see less resists on wind magic than ice.

If you don't have two good people for add control, no matter how good the rest of your people are, you will run out of time or wipe.
    To the original poster, try ice and wind, see which you like better. My LS has used ice after we were disappointed by wind. Geno seems to like wind better because it pulls less hate. It's really up to you. ^_^

The point about the add control is huge though...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks for all the reply's. Did a trial run and the worms seemed really easy to control, with the elementals being the real issue.. And geez, Ouryu attacks fast as shit.. but we got a nice plan for our next shot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Something funny I forgot to add.. At the beginning of the fight before we had even done a SC, nuked or any kind of considerable dmg, a few minutes into the fight ouryu's hp dropped to 89%. After the fight we all were discussing how the hell we took a 10% chunk from his hp without hardly engaging and the only thing we could come up with is that he hit a blm and got cursed.. lol

LazyShell
    BG Level

lol, i've always thought about sending some blms w/ igquira weskits in @tiamat and stuff before we engauge to speed things up a bit, but blms usually arent willing to die for the good of the group! Someday i will put this plan into action and kill off some blms in the process...someday...