1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Minion List     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Minion List

EDIT 8/26: We have hit the image limit for the OP, so for now I will be putting the extra pictures in my second and third posts of this thread. Would appreciate if a mod moved those two posts below the OP (if that's even possible).

For all your pokemon needs

Baby Bat
    Purchased from Junkmonger Nonoroon for 2400 gil in Poor Maid's Mill, Upper La Noscea (west side of the lake) (X?, Y?)
    Note: Follow Nonoroon until he stops walking around and sets up his shop.

Baby Bun
    Rewarded for completing the FATE "Lazy For You" with a Gold Medal rating in the East Shroud, by Castrum Oriens (X?, Y?)

Baby Raptor
    Purchased from Boughberry Trader for 2400 gil in Redbelly Hive, South Shroud (X22,Y17) after the successful completion of the FATE chain "Clearing The Hive"

Bite-sized Pudding
    Obtained from the last chest in the Wanderer's Palace dungeon (level50). Chest position: (X?,Y?).

Cactuar Cutting
    Rewarded for completing the quest "Zombies are people too" in Southern Thanalan. In order to unlock the quest you must have unlocked the level47 quests in the Waking Sands by progressing through the MSQ. The quest that sends you to Forgotten Springs will lead to the one that rewards the minion.

Cherry Bomb
    Purchased from Bango Zango for 2400 gil in Limsa Lominsa Lower Docks (X9, Y11)
    Purchased from Maisenta for 2400 gil in New Gridania (X?, Y?)
    Purchased from Roarich for 2400 gil in Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X10, Y9)

Chigoe Larva
    Rewarded for completing the sidequest "Occupational Hazards" from Yoenne in Buscarron's Druthers (west of Quarrymill), South Shroud (Y18,Y20).
    Note: There is one prerequisite quest. Look for the quest in Buscarron's Druthers that tells you to kill orobons.

Coblyn Larva
    Gathered by Miner. Level46-50 Log Entry. Northern Thanalan, Blue Fog. Details

Demon Brick
    Obtained from the first chest in Amdapor Keep (go left before entering the first boss's room).

Dust Bunny
    Purchased from Auriana for 125 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy in Revenant's Toll, Mor Dhona (X22, Y8)

Flame Hatchling / Serpent Hatchling / Storm Hatchling
    Purchased from their respective Grand Company vendors for 20000 seals.

Fledging Dodo
    Purchased from Auriana for 125 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy in Revenant's Toll, Mor Dhona (X22, Y8)

Gigantpole
    Gathered by Fisher. Very rare catch in the Burning Wall in Eastern Thanalan (use Topwater Frog).

Gobbue Sproutling
    Rewarded for completing the level33 Main Scenario Quest: It Was a Very Good Year (in Costa Del Sol).

Gravel Golem
    Crafted by Goldsmith. Level46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93. Durability: 80. Wind Shard x99, Astral Rock x3.

Infant Imp
    Rewarded for completing the FATE "Go, Go, Gorgimera" with a Gold Medal rating in Northern Thanalan, by Castrum Meridianum (X?, Y?)

Kidragora
    Gathered by Botanist. Level 46-50 Log Entry. By Little Solace, East Shroud. Details

Mammet #001

Mammet #003G / Mammet #003L / Mammet #003U
    Rewarded for completing their respective Grand Company's Hunting Log.

Model Vanguard
    Crafted by Goldsmith. Level46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93. Durability: 80. Wind Shard x99, Garlean Steel Plate x1, Garlean Steel Joint x1

Morbol Bulb
    Obtained from a chest in the Aurum Vale dungeon (level47) after the first boss.
    Note: Aurum Vale quest can be picked up in Vesper Bay (west of Horizon).

Pudgy Puk
    Rewarded for completing the FATE "The Eyes Have It" with a Gold Medal rating in Cotheras, west of Camp Dragonhead (X16,Y20)
    Note: The boss' 100 Tonze Swing has no visible radius and deals massive damage (~4000-5000 damage). Run away as far as possible.

Smallshell
    Rewarded for completing the FATE "It's not Lupus" with a Gold Medal rating in Eastern La Noscea, south of Costa del Sol (X?,Y?)

Tiny Rat
    Purchased from a vendor for 2400 gil in Highbridge, Eastern Thanalan (east of Drybone) after the successful completion of the FATE chain "Attack On Highbridge"

Tiny Tortoise
    Gathered by Fisher. Very rare catch in the Salt Strand in Lower La Noscea (use Northern Krill or Yumizuno).

Wayward Hatchling

Wide-Eyed Fawn

Wind-up Airship
    Rewarded for completing the level15 Main Scenario Quest: The Gridanian/Ul'dahn/Lominsan Envoy.

Wind-up Aldgoat
    Crafted by Weaver. Level 46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93. Durability: 80. Lightning Shard x99, Vanya Silk x1, Twinthread x1, Chocobo Feather x1.

Wind-up Dullahan
    Crafted by Armorer. Level46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93. Durability: 80. Water Shard x99, Darksteel Nugget x3

Wind-up Qiqirn
    Crafted by Weaver. Level 46-50 Recipe. Difficulty: 93. Durability: 80. Lightning Shard x99, Vanya Silk x1, Twinthread x1, Chocobo Feather x1

Special Minions [LINK]

Unknown/Unconfirmed Sources [LINK]

Notes
    -You can purchase the old Hamlet items (coke, potash, etc) for 100 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy each in Revenant's Toll (Mor Dhona)
    -You can get Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy by trading gear with cracked materia on it to the Calamity Salvager. Doublemelds and triplemelds give the most tomestones.
    -Planning on adding in-game pictures eventually, feel free to post yours

Contributors
    Waraji (Baby Bun)
    requiemlacrimosa (gathering details, Nonoroon details, Wide-Eyed Fawn, Giantpole)
    meeeeeep (Smallshell)
    Rocl (Rocl)
    agrotc (Tiny Rat, post-FATE vendors, Pudgy Puk)
    Nama (GC hatchlings)
    Raubahn Whiteflow (Tiny Turtle)
    Shadowscythe (Baby Bat, Morbol Seedling)
    Enygma55 (Chigoe Larva)
    Carraway (Gobbue Sproutling, Demon Brick)
    Tinksy (Infant Imp)
    Nadrojj (Chigoe larva NPC correction)
    alizar (Gobbue pet quest name)
    kevv2 (Cactuar cutting)

Credit goes to xivdb.com for many of the pet icons. Check out the datamined pets here

tol

thanks for the list Sol

Baby Bun (funguar minion) - Level 25 FATE Reward - East Shroud
    Spawns in Far South Eastern corner. Can't remember the name had "Lazy" in it, you fight a big Ochu. You're going to need a lot of people to take it down, I'd say about 20 for a 20 minute fight.

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

EDIT: 8/26 Moving stuff to this post due to the image limit.

Special Minions
    These minions aren't available in-game via normal means and require special codes or extra purchases.

Cait Sith doll
    Pre-order bonus.
    Note: Some retailers are running low on codes - make sure your preorder code is sent right away.

Baby Behemoth
    Collector's Edition bonus.
    Note: If you are a 1.0 player and your account is NOT CE you will have to purchase the ARR PS3 CE.

Wind-up Dalamud
    "Before Meteor" OST preorder bonus.
    Note: The code is supposed to be region-free, but the OST will eventually be available in all regions.

Wind-up Cursor Minion
    30-day Veteran Reward.
    Note: You should get this pet after your first monthly charge.

Black Chocobo Chick
    60-day Veteran Reward.
    Note: If you pay for 60 days in advance you will obtain this pet right away.

Beady Eye
    90-day Veteran Reward.
    Note: If you pay for 90 days in advance you will obtain this pet right away.

----------

Original post:
    Added, thanks.

I wonder if the other mini-HNMs (like Cancer) will drop pets too. I'll find out tomorrow, all my friends got hit by the 9000 error.

Everyone not JP got hit with that shit. I am under the impression that the other similar fates will also give minion rewards too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

EDIT: 8/26 Moving stuff to this post due to the image limit.

Unknown/Unconfirmed Sources
    Bluebird
    Buffalo Calf
    Mini Mole
    Tender Lamb

------

Original Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I am under the impression that the other similar fates will also give minion rewards too.
    These are the level30 or lower FATEs with an achievement attached to them:
    Attack on Highbridge: Act III,
    Poor Maid's Misfortune,
    and Lazy for You (which rewards a pet)

Hopefully the other two give out pets too

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    |Kidragora
    Gathered by Botanist. Level 46-50 Log Entry. East Shroud, ???
    I GET IT!

Also, Thanks for posting this. Was wondering how people got these things... Looks fun.

To add to the minions you need by gathering, they are gathered from the untouched gathering nodes which appear randomly (it took about 2 hours for the mining one to appear for me when I was trying to get the coblyn.) If you use the "truth" abilities to show all unreachable items they will be the ones that don't have an HQ percentage on them.

Do you have any info on where the other 2 fates appear that give achievements? I will keep a look out for them and try them out to see if they give a minion.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    Do you have any info on where the other 2 fates appear that give achievements? I will keep a look out for them and try them out to see if they give a minion.
    "Attack on Highbridge" happens east of Drybone, it's the huge bridge-town that connects the two sections of East Thanalan
    "Poor Maid's Misfortune" happens in Poor Maid's Mill, it's the town on the western side of the lake in Upper La Noscea

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are any of these limited? IE: Once beta ends, can no longer get?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Beta client is the same as release right now, with a lv20-cap cockblock. Nothing is beta-specific (except, hopefully, the horrible horrible bugs).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Dodo Hatchling, best minion ever <3

http://abload.de/img/dodotyonu.jpg

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Looks like something out of a Pixar movie lol. That's awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My Mandy that friends got me.

http://abload.de/img/mandytzlaw.jpg

A Qiqirn minion that I saw some crafter run around with:

http://abload.de/img/qiqirnn4lph.jpg

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

me and my model vanguard :D

http://i.imgur.com/zkK1Gep.jpg

I just finished attack on high bridge act III and all it gave was the achievement.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    I just finished attack on high bridge act III and all it gave was the achievement.
    Bleh, that's too bad. Thanks for trying it.

I posted this in the beta thread but:

This guy's still the best

I just ran into someone in town with the crab minion, so I am assuming it comes from a FATE involving a crab, anyone have any info on FATEs involving crabs?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bubbly Bernie west of Horizon is obviously a crab FATE, but I've done it like 10 times and never received anything besides the normal rewards.

PS: You suck Req

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

It might be the Bubbly Bernie one, it's east of Vesper Bay in Western Thanalan
    Alternatively "It's not Lupus", south of Costa del Sol in Eastern La Noscea. That's a level30+ FATE though, so not sure if it'll be in. Let us know if it's implemented this beta and I'll list all the FATEs below 40 with achievements.

-----
    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Are any of these limited? IE: Once beta ends, can no longer get?
    None of the pets currently posted in this thread are limited, but there will be limited/one-time-only pets when the game launches. Cait Sith doll is a preorder bonus, Wind-up Dalamud comes with the Before Meteor OST, and Baby Behemoth is from the FFXIV CE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast