+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1099     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

So as some of you guys know I started some temp work in Novemember (still doing now so will need this info for next year's taxes as well)

I've only dealt with w2's. this is a 1099 job. That said since i only did it for 4 weeks last year (2 weeks novemember, 2 weeks december) i made 6.9k (the rest of my income was under the table)

should i bother filing for taxes? in Florida if you make less than 14k, you are not required to file, i just want to know if there's a way to get a tax return off of this or if i'd just end up owing money and it'd better off not filing

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    So as some of you guys know I started some temp work in Novemember (still doing now so will need this info for next year's taxes as well)

I've only dealt with w2's. this is a 1099 job. That said since i only did it for 4 weeks last year (2 weeks novemember, 2 weeks december) i made 6.9k (the rest of my income was under the table)

should i bother filing for taxes? in Florida if you make less than 14k, you are not required to file, i just want to know if there's a way to get a tax return off of this or if i'd just end up owing money and it'd better off not filing
    https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/who-nee...e-a-tax-return

$12950 is when you are required to file to the feds. Though i don't know if you get any additional random tax credits.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

And even if you are above that, there are a number of official free filing options, the IRS will even launch their own, though it's going to be a limited/soft launch like a month before the deadline.
    https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/browse-all-offers/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag