Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Retrieving the Astral Candescence

So... the mamools have had the astral candescence in their possession on gilgamesh for like a week... Al Zhabi has been a ghost town (only like 67 people in the zone right now......... haha)

Tried doing a few searches, couldn't find anything. Anyone have any info or thread linkage on anything to do with properly/effeciently retriving the candescence from lvl 5 Mamools? I want my sanction effects back ;;

edit: OK, found some info on the ffxi wiki... hopefully its accurate! Anyone have any advice for the most part? might try getting people together tomorrow to get it back ;;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I lol'ed hard. Your server is that apathetic about Besieged?

lmfaoooo

Unicorn lost it once, got it back in like 1h30. God gilgamesh SUCKS

Copied from my LS website when I was with a group that got the AC back from the Mamool.

In order to recover the AC in Mamook, you must head to the beastmen stronghold, and kill two sorts of mobs:

Melee Mamook: Drop a key item called Red bell.

Mage Mamook: Drop a key item called Blue bell.

Note that you cannot leave the zone, or be tractored after obtaining these items. They are required to enter the area to the BC, as well as enter the BC itself.

Now, head to (G-6) on the main map of mamook, shown here:

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps_norma...2_mamook_1.jpg

You'll need to use the Blue bell to get past the Mahogany door.

Then, you will be in this area:

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps_norma...2_mamook_2.jpg

Note that you will enter the above map at (I-5).

You'll notice a patch that runs directly West and East at (H-7) and (I-7). This area will require you to have a THF with you to pick the lock on the doors, or you will need a Mamook Tanscale key. They are fairly common drops from the EM/DC Mamool in the beginning of Mamook.

You will have to head all the way to the south of the map, at (G-10), and enter the BC from here, using both key items. At this point you will enter the BC.

There are three mobs, from left to right they are THF BLM and NIN. These mobs do not regenerate their HP, so expect to enter the BC with some of their HP missing.

These Mamool are no joke, resources say they are as difficult as the Mamool from Besieged. Bring reraise items, and be ready for a difficult fight. Note that the BLM is not sleepable from lullaby or BLM sleep.

Strategies differ from PT setup to PT setup, so be sure to formulate your own. But I would suggest having at least a BLM and a WHM for this.

About the fight

The fight is against 3 very strong Mamool Ja (As stated above).

From left to right they are THF BLM NIN.

The BLM mob has a tendency to do Groundburst (Aoe Damage from 600-900 damage). Be sure to pull the mobs back when you fight them.

Treat it like other BC fights, pull the mobs back away from their starting point. ES Sleepga II will be the only way to sleep them, and you'll only get one shot at it. Keep in mind that there is really no way to win this BC the first time out; Its a battle of attrition. I'd suggest targeting one at a time, and wearing all of their HP down to about 40%. After that happens, go in for the kill and kill them all.

If you need more info, feel free to PM me.

I think the JP are just tired of retrieving it for us.

My friend from Remora that has come back to Gilgamesh laughs daily at how we're worse than her apathetic server when it comes to retrieving AC.

Thank you very much Credos, If I have any questions I'll be sure to ask ya

edit: God, only 3 people in Mamook right now. Noone else is even trying ;;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I suppose it's just like the troll BC that i did once... the "helpers" started at 36% while the "boss" (center one) was at 100%. Maybe we didn't get there first but i think we did.

By the way, it's true they don't regen between each try but there's one trick to it. Every helper you've killed will repop at 36% if you get out.

So what i'd suggest if you have to go in several times is trying to lower them all to around 5-10% before going for the kill.

Oh, and they all use their respective 2-hours so be prepared for some Mijin fun.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

On Garuda, the Astral has been lost about 6 times. Currently, Stelvia has gotten it back the last 4 times. It's incredibly annoying. On JP BBS, they apparently say 'stop HNM, go get the AC back' to the JP members in Stelv. Haha...

My question is, anyone else experiencing this? Where one group goes to get the damn thing back? I expected us to get this thing back at least once, just to try it out, but the last 4 times? We're a merit happy fucking bunch of players, but seriously. Anyone else experienced the AC only getting returned when one group decides to get it back?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Ish
    On Garuda, the Astral has been lost about 6 times. Currently, Stelvia has gotten it back the last 4 times. It's incredibly annoying. On JP BBS, they apparently say 'stop HNM, go get the AC back' to the JP members in Stelv. Haha...

My question is, anyone else experiencing this? Where one group goes to get the damn thing back? I expected us to get this thing back at least once, just to try it out, but the last 4 times? We're a merit happy fucking bunch of players, but seriously. Anyone else experienced the AC only getting returned when one group decides to get it back?
    That's not very surprising. The laziness of humans is great. If someone else can do the work for them, they'll generally take that option.

Well it looks like JP did do the work yet again.
    Lost on Tuesday, recovered on Friday.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Would just like to point out that you can win the BC in 1 round.

Midgard loses the AC alot(9 times now). I've gotten the undead back 4 times, the mamool twice I think now.

The last time we did the Lamia BC from 100% all mobs, in just under 20 mins.

Wish we'd lose trolls sometime, I want to try that BC too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Asura lost , regained, and lost (to lvl1) within a 20 hour period, and it's been gone for over a week now because nobody gives a shit. Everything is easy to get to anyway, and you dont really need a /whm in Mount Zhaylom , so rdm can /blm and escape. Caedvera/Mamook are easy to get to.

Hell, since the patch, Dvucca is a joke to get to aswell :D

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Astral Concendence on Hades has somehow nonstop been winning even if it starts with like 150 in zone and down from 5 generals to 1.

Before the "NM boss" update, we used to lose it every besiged for several days at a time.

Yeah I don't think Asura gives a shit anymore... we have the choco NPC, we have lazy players. If there were a financial reward we'd have it back within the hour though.

How much Imperial Standing do you get for winning the BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    How much Imperial Standing do you get for winning the BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    That's not very surprising. The laziness of humans is great. If someone else can do the work for them, they'll generally take that option.
    I don't get payed to play FFXI. The fucking gilsellers can go get the AC back. Farming for keys should be right up their alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Asura lost , regained, and lost (to lvl1) within a 20 hour period, and it's been gone for over a week now because nobody gives a shit. Everything is easy to get to anyway, and you dont really need a /whm in Mount Zhaylom , so rdm can /blm and escape. Caedvera/Mamook are easy to get to.

Hell, since the patch, Dvucca is a joke to get to aswell :D
    God those Exp bonuses and refresh/food duration (lolregen) bonuses suck amirite?

Because the online maps are a bit misleading, when going to the first door on the first map, you'll need to take the longest, most roundabout way you can think of. Try to get to D-7 on the first map, then go east (hugging the south wall in that area)

The mamool fight itself I found to be much easier than the Trolls. The BC Area is huge, so kiting is a possibility.

When we tried, all the mobs were at 33% already. If (for some reason) your mobs are not pre-weakened, you should consider making multiple runs on the BC until you can start off with all 3 at 33%.

We opened with ES Sleepga2, pulled the BLM into the open area, and focused on the BLM. When the THF and NIN woke up, a NIN and mages kited them until the BLM died. Then we killed THF while kiting the NIN. You can re-sleep the NIN and THF without ES (or with lullaby) but the resist rate is pretty high.

When fighting the NIN, try to get it down to ~25% and then let 1 person solo it while everyone gets the hell out of there (mages should stay faaaaar away at all times). Mijin Gaukure will do 4000 damage so the only thing you can do is minimize your losses by staying out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    You can re-sleep the NIN and THF without ES (or with lullaby) but the resist rate is pretty high.
    The BLM I went with (Tarutaru with some pretty sweet gear) was getting resisted a lot. I wonder if the level of the besieged in which the AC is stolen has anything to do with the difficulty of the fight. We literally fought them about 5 times and the only way that sleepga II would land was with ES.

As far as Lullaby landing, I tried with over 130 CHR, HQ Light stave, blah blah and they didn't even blink an eye at me.