Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reseting Apkallu Hate     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Reseting Apkallu Hate

Has anyone actually found a reliable way to reset apkallu hate? I've scoured a few sites and can't seem to find anything. Anyone here have any clue? I've read trading fish might help, but there is no posted confirmation of this fact. Any help is appreciated.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's the kind of hate I wouldnt reset, only to show other people how bad they can rape you. >_>

Anyway, didnt people said it decay over time, and giving apkalu npc fish helped?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thats the hearsay i've been seeing. However no one really seems positive on any forums/sites/etc. I wanted to see what the word around the blue garter forums was before i started slaying penquins.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I think it drops a level every conquest tally. A level being for their next stage in behavior. I think I was up to level 3 or 4 because they started going double-triple attack and using moves besides Yawn.

Most notable though, each HIT on an Apkallu gives hate. If you fight them long enough you will notice that your hits rapidly decrease in potency to the point of a scythe even hitting or criticalling for 0. They also have a fair amount of magic resistance, but I don't know if that's from hate or natural, but I'd say that it also would be hate based since Tier III nukes started landing for 180-200 on them in the end. (The Mount Z ones, DC to a 75 I think.)

I'm not 100% sure about the rate of decreasing but the V. Wrasse fish traded to the NPC supposively lowers it.

Didn't their used to be a thread on this in the other WoW forum set?

From personal, done-over-a-level-in-the-60's soloing experience on the ferry and exping with a PT on these things:

Apkallu hate builds with each hit. There are distinct points at which the birds will add additional WS'es (the top one being Frigid, an AoE Paralyze of high potency, the lowest being Yawn.). Damage resistance will increase vs. physical, with resistance to magic damage going up slower (but I've literally seen my Enspell damage dropping in the same fight over time and many dagger pokes vs. the same bird). Spells still stick, though- so it's damage reduction, rather than pure MDB. Apkallu will also increasingly multi-hit and counter like a monk if they get enough hate built up. Needless to say, hate carries over from one to the next.

In extreme cases, such as a party exping on the things, you can eventually achieve such a high level of apakallu hate that the monster will literally shrug off anything you slap one with. I've seen 4 BLU's going full bore, me trying to nuke the thing and Dia II'd it, and a BRD trying to debuff one bird...and it literally ignored everything save the near-unnoticeable DoT and started tearing them 4 mages to shreds. We hastily decamped for troll country before Apakalluypse Now occured.

Hate drops over time. I've gone back weeks later and not gotten the Frigid Shuffle for quite a few birds, until I've poked them enough times with a weapon. Then they'll spam it once I've pissed them off enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Maybe if you get their hate high enough, they evolve into HNM that drops King Abjs and the like, it's the secrect to ToAH everyone has been hoping for! :D

Ok maybe not. ._.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does their behavior depend on the hate level of their current hate target, or of the highest hate level present in the party?

e.g. I've killed maybe one or two Apkallu ever. If I party with someone who has killed a billion just this week, and we begin fighting Apkallu, will he be hitting for 0 while I hit for normal damage? Or will we both be hitting for 0 since someone in the party has high hate? Will it do Frigid Shuffle when he is tanking, but only Yawn if I pull hate?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks for all the info guys. This is exactly what I needed.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Time maybe? I remember when I was trying to get Yawn on the Ferry, but I got up to Frigid Shuffle level, so I went afk for a while. I came back and was able to get Yawn.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Does their behavior depend on the hate level of their current hate target, or of the highest hate level present in the party?

e.g. I've killed maybe one or two Apkallu ever. If I party with someone who has killed a billion just this week, and we begin fighting Apkallu, will he be hitting for 0 while I hit for normal damage? Or will we both be hitting for 0 since someone in the party has high hate? Will it do Frigid Shuffle when he is tanking, but only Yawn if I pull hate?
    I'm pretty sure it's based on the person w/ the highest hate level. If a pt member is a penquin mass murderer, your party is fucked.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valrath

I'm pretty sure it's based on the person w/ the highest hate level. If a pt member is a penquin mass murderer, your party is fucked.
    Yes. Horror stories of this exist with single person with a high level of hate casting a SINGLE spell such as Cure or Pollen and having hate so high that provoke and all normal methods of hate generation bar-invincible are unsuccessful. Even a full on AMII will not rip the hate of a cure in some extreme cases.

Here's a good thread from old BG.
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9318

Old Merits
    BG Level

I can confirm this, on the way to nashmau and we decided to fight one. We didn't know that my BLU friend had gone on a penguin genocide mission earlier that week for spells. a 42 WHM friend who had no hate on anybody on the party [getting staging points] started casting cure1 on herself to skill up. In the basement, and had never seen an apkallu before.

It bee-lined downstairs and did things with it's flipper that I'd rather not discuss. Then after she died it came back upstairs and we were able to finish it off. [one of the things about high apkallu hate is that cures pull more hate than provokes or damage]

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/90f889ab95.jpg

thats NEXIUM! i think anyways, i totally take that twice a day lol

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/90f889ab95.jpg

thats NEXIUM! i think anyways, i totally take that twice a day lol
    it is purple.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa

I can confirm this, on the way to nashmau and we decided to fight one. We didn't know that my BLU friend had gone on a penguin genocide mission earlier that week for spells. a 42 WHM friend who had no hate on anybody on the party [getting staging points] started casting cure1 on herself to skill up. In the basement, and had never seen an apkallu before.

It bee-lined downstairs and did things with it's flipper that I'd rather not discuss. Then after she died it came back upstairs and we were able to finish it off. [one of the things about high apkallu hate is that cures pull more hate than provokes or damage]
    I've had much amusement demonstrating to high level DD's that I can peel the Apkallu off them with a Cure II. And yes, it's the highest hate in the PT, not whoever has aggro at the time. The 4x BLU PT I was in hunting Apkallus would Magic Fruit each other to lock aggro down on themselves and we'd (my RDM and a BRD) avoid tossing Cures otherwise.