Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Assaults broken for anyone else?

On asura, no one can enter any assault zone except nyzul (well, no one can enter leujaoam sanctum and a quick /sea shows other zones empty too).
    Occasionally people can get the mission message up, but then get the "can not enter at this time" standard message. Other people cant even get the window up at all, clicking the Runic Seal does nothing.

I asked a GM and as always he gave me very helpful advice, saying that it's because the zone is full due to people entering assault on other servers even though asura's is empty. Alternatively it might be lag (It's not).
    So he told me babies come from moogles, and that he'll look into it.

But is anyone else having trouble on other worlds?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sounds like he was correct. It is possible for the busier servers to run out of room to instance more events such as this.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

But if that was teh case (The assault was full) then I still should have been able to select the seal, try to enter, and be told "not at this time".
    Clicking the seal did nothing at all.

Also, no one on asura can enter an assault because it's full on another server...? If that's true then that is major fail on SE's part.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was having the same problem with MMM early this morning on Asura. Clicking did nothing for half the time, the hand of darkness got me 5 times, and got please try again numerous times. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get in (the worst MMM run took us 30 minutes to enter). Was having the same problem with RvB and salvage two weeks ago. I think most of it is due to the number of people on asura doing instanced things (and i'm pretty sure all instanced zones influence one another on the server).

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

That link's OP says "get can not connect to server message". I wasn't getting that, I wasn't getting anything.
    The only message I'd get was "Target is out of range" if I faced away from it.

I've been unable to enter MMM befor, but that's because the server was full, that was obvious, but this was... different.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    On asura, no one can enter any assault zone except nyzul (well, no one can enter leujaoam sanctum and a quick /sea shows other zones empty too).
    Occasionally people can get the mission message up, but then get the "can not enter at this time" standard message. Other people cant even get the window up at all, clicking the Runic Seal does nothing.

I asked a GM and as always he gave me very helpful advice, saying that it's because the zone is full due to people entering assault on other servers even though asura's is empty. Alternatively it might be lag (It's not).
    So he told me babies come from moogles, and that he'll look into it.

But is anyone else having trouble on other worlds?
    Also, I'm 99% sure you can't search assault zones.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    Was having the same problem with MMM early this morning on Asura. Clicking did nothing for half the time, the hand of darkness got me 5 times, and got please try again numerous times. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get in (the worst MMM run took us 30 minutes to enter). Was having the same problem with RvB and salvage two weeks ago. I think most of it is due to the number of people on asura doing instanced things (and i'm pretty sure all instanced zones influence one another on the server).
    I have the same issue recently trying to do wings missions fights in fucking everbloom -.- took 45 mins to enter the fight in vunkerl against the eye and took 1 1/2 hours to enter the walls mission with the bombs. fml.

called a gm about the issue in case it was something that should be noted and the gm told me that the zones were working as intended to and i should have some patience. 1.5 hours to enter a 10 min battlefield is bullshit imo. patience my fucking ass.