+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Dynamis-Tavnazia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So... Dynamis-Tavnazia

Did anybody ever end up actually doing this or was it another thing shot down by the BG crowd before it was given a chance...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It was shot down before given a chance, then people gave it a chance and did it, then it was shot down again after people did it and realized it was bullshit with money better spent on the other zones that actually *gasp* give you 3.5h to farm

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    It was shot down before given a chance, then people gave it a chance and did it, then it was shot down again after people did it and realized it was bullshit with money better spent on the other zones that actually *gasp* give you 3.5h to farm
    Did they clear it? Or did they just assume there weren't extentions. And some of the drops from there look sexy...period.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

They cleared it, people walking around with the title, and the boss? It dropped nothing. Nothing at all, 0 drops, 0 items.

What was found out about it :

Hydras drop BCD af2
    Kindred drop Xarca AF2

Everything links

Everything is sleepable though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I've had bosses drop nothing before, thats not rare, its just randomness. Did they try to farm it much at all? Having both northlands AF2s drop in one place sounds kind of sexy, and if youre given 2h or so after extensions it isn't much less than Beaucedine when you think about how much more running you have to do in Beaucedine.

netz

You're given 1hr total. No such thing as 2 hours in Tavnazia...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I've had bosses drop nothing before, thats not rare, its just randomness. Did they try to farm it much at all? Having both northlands AF2s drop in one place sounds kind of sexy, and if youre given 2h or so after extensions it isn't much less than Beaucedine when you think about how much more running you have to do in Beaucedine.
    Well, as someone already pointed out, it's 1 hr total...and there's not much incentive to go to Tavnazia to repeat killing the boss over and over again when other places drop far more coins and AF (and allow far more players to enter, WITH subjobs).

Banned.

BG Level

It makes most sense Hydra gear drosp there, but nothing has been found really. Kind of annoying to test out because it costs 1 mil and doesn't give as much currency as other dynamis.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Well, as someone already pointed out, it's 1 hr total...and there's not much incentive to go to Tavnazia to repeat killing the boss over and over again when other places drop far more coins and AF.
    Um yes there is, theres some very very good armor that drops there and nowhere else... seriously if all you want is upgraded relics than whatever, but I find that some of the gear, like the hydra tiara and hydra tights and some caster gear is damn good. And if the AF2 rate is good enough thats good too. Plus, its worth doing once in a while just because its fun to change pace (which is why limbus is so awesome, so much variety)

And at the cost of currency I'm sure you get enough drops to make it free

netz

For our first run (completely clueless about how to unlock subjob, but we eventually figured it out) I think we exited with 5 pieces of currency, warrior's cuisses, and warrior's cuisses -1, and we nearly wiped to the worm after a mistake causing the nightmare hornets to spawn.

I think we could get more out of the zone, but I doubt we'd ever manage to get a really good run from it.

The zones need to be on a separate timer with a separate hourglass. 1mil for the drops I listed above is retarded.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree with the seperate timer and hourglass, but seriously, if you did that awfully and got 1 af and 1 af2+1 (ironically the same) isnt that kind of a hint that its not worthless? It likely drops more AF and less currency than others, since people complained to all hell about northlands drops.

netz

1 AF an hour is about on par with your usual garbage northlands run. The zone was fun, but that's just pathetic.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

For the love of god, use the search function and find the 12+ page thread about this. The zone sucks, I've been in it for the full hour a couple times. You'll get more enjoyment by taking your 1m gil and just straight dropping it on the ground... and it'll save you time and exp.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    1 AF an hour is about on par with your usual garbage northlands run. The zone was fun, but that's just pathetic.
    Um it sounds like they only got the initial 15 minutes...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    For the love of god, use the search function and find the 12+ page thread about this. The zone sucks, I've been in it for the full hour a couple times. You'll get more enjoyment by taking your 1m gil and just straight dropping it on the ground... and it'll save you time and exp.
    Its people like you that make me hate BG at times, but alas, theres no other good endgame forum. I'm interested in shit and that thread is old. If nobody has done it since and based everything off that thread (which had like 1 decent run accounted for in it) then we are really really bad off as a community.

When you have a time limit for a zone and a restriction on when you can enter you want to be productive with your time. Spending 1M and getting 10 coins and maybe 1 AF2(or -1) really is not that productive when you could get 200+ coins and 1-8 AF2. Highest AF2 drop I've seen was 12 AF2's in a Jeuno raid.

Also keep in mind that most of the ppl do LS dynamis raids. And very little ppl can justify 1M with lack of AF2 that ppl need and coins that can be used to upgrade for a 1hr kick in the balls. IMO this is another one of SE's ideas to get money out of the economy. The problem is though unless every 2nd-6th mob drops an AF2 or AF2-1 item it's not worth pissing on. That is unless your LS has near all the AF2 and fully upgraded relics they want.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    When you have a time limit for a zone and a restriction on when you can enter you want to be productive with your time. Spending 1M and getting 10 coins and maybe 1 AF2(or -1) really is not that productive when you could get 200+ coins and 1-8 AF2. Highest AF2 drop I've seen was 12 AF2's in a Jeuno raid.

Also keep in mind that most of the ppl do LS dynamis raids. And very little ppl can justify 1M with lack of AF2 that ppl need and coins that can be used to upgrade for a 1hr kick in the balls. IMO this is another one of SE's ideas to get money out of the economy. The problem is though unless every 2nd-6th mob drops an AF2 or AF2-1 item it's not worth pissing on. That is unless your LS has near all the AF2 and fully upgraded relics they want.
    Or maybe your ls is devoted to having, ya know, fun, and overcoming the game's challenges. Also, your rates are from zones that have been out for how long now? The fact is, people don't even try new shit after the 1st time, they think they are so good that they can't learn more and do better in the zone. Anyways, who's to say that people don't 'need' this gear as much as AF2?

Give it up, it's a lost cause.

How many LSes actually do Expeditionary Force?

Ya.

Lost cause.

Why not just do the zone with your regular Dynamis shell?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianbob
    Why not just do the zone with your regular Dynamis shell?
    My dynamis shell has the same lack of curiosity and hard ons for old AF2 that all you have

And expeditionary force was at least fully explored (and not much of a challenge)... and it IS still done occasionally, just by people in 'allegiance lses'. Garrison would have been a slightly better example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast