+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A question to the wise     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

A question to the wise

So here's my story.

Some of my friends organized a heist on a local high school last month and broke in and stole many items and cash.

They have about 20 iBook's in there possesion and are willing to sell one to me for an incredible low price.

I want to buy it and wipe the drive, in hopes that I can benefit from a great deal. But also I am afraid I could get caught somehow.

Does anyone have information on this topic? Maybe if they install GPS or if anyone knows about the risks or dangers that apply to me.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Love Anon Poster 8)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I wouldnt touch it if I were you

If its been stolen from a school 99% chance its UV taged, ok so its not GPS but its so hot right now, if anyone becomes wise to the fact you suddenly have a new -used- one not only do you risk being charged for handling stolen goods you risk being fingerd for the robery.... can you prove you wasnt there?

Really not worth the hastle over a few hunderd bucks... imo anyway

Edit: UV= UltraViolet

Re: A question to the wise

Quote Originally Posted by TheMasterHeist
    So here's my story.

Some of my friends organized a heist on a local high school last month and broke in and stole many items and cash.

They have about 20 iBook's in there possesion and are willing to sell one to me for an incredible low price.

I want to buy it and wipe the drive, in hopes that I can benefit from a great deal. But also I am afraid I could get caught somehow.

Does anyone have information on this topic? Maybe if they install GPS or if anyone knows about the risks or dangers that apply to me.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Love Anon Poster 8)
    You should buy it then take it to school and show it off to all your friends. Then post here after you get out of jail

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

buy one.. buy 2.. then sell them on ebay^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Think of it this way;

If you're posting here to ask US whether or not you should do this, you just haven't thought things out very well. Either you are incapable of seeing the bigger picture or you just don't want to and thus will not.

Given this, trust me when I say that if you cannot decide whether or not to buy it on you're own then you're not smart enough to get away with it. There are a million and one ways that someone can find out, can you think of 20?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well, I do have proof I was home and I can also sell the people who sold it to me if I were to get busted (LOL). but see, I just wanted it for home usage and if I wiped the drive, is it still able to tracked via UV or whatever.

Yes, I'm a heartless bastard and I could careless how the goods were obtain and I'll pretend I never knew, I just want to know if I could get away with it. I 'm almost 100% sure the goods will never be returned so I might as well put it to good use if possible. But I think I'm just going to save up and buy one in a more legitamate manner.

Groovebox

You'd crack under pressure when the police were asking you questions. Don't buy it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

lol... you will get caught by the police for being taken advantage of by a thief?

Buy it, you wont get in trouble.

Just if they can pin point you to the location they were stolen or that you had a part to play is when you get worried.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

people still use Ibooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    lol... you will get caught by the police for being taken advantage of by a thief?

Buy it, you wont get in trouble.
    If the police can prove that he knew it was stolen they can charge him on that.

I personally wouldn't do it, with the UV thing and a few others, but maybe I'm just pessimistic

Quote Originally Posted by TheMasterHeist
    so I might as well put it to good use if possible. But I think I'm just going to save up and buy one in a more legitamate manner.
    Because it being at the school they obviously were not going to good use. Don't steal from schools, its my fucking tax money paying for you fucking high school losers to steal shit that I've paid with my fucking money. GTFO

You should rat on those kids, and be the hero

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You're a piece of shit for stealing from a SCHOOL. One step below that is breaking into a church. And after that you're punching babies in the face for their candy.

Get a real fucking job and you can get way better computers than a goddamn iBook.

Imo, it's not the matter of being caught that should be important. It's weather or not this will lead into other situations like this one, but on a much larger scale. A good deal on hot merchandise is tough to pass up, and once you take it, you prolly will not feel any remorse and will pusrue another deal and another deal and another deal.

Cut off the possible addiction before it happens.

Or... enjoy your new ibook an deal with temptations in the future, granted they are presented

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Don't steal from schools, its my fucking tax money paying for you fucking high school losers to steal shit that I've paid with my fucking money. GTFO
    Indeed.

Correction, Correction: he wasn't technically there when it was stolen. But he might as well have been, buying it with the knowledge it was stolen. You will seriously be able to be charged with a crime if you do it, especially because you know the kids and if they get caught they will take you down with them in a heartbeat. And don't give me BS about them being your friends or whatever, because they obviously don't have a very strong moral fiber to begin with. No reason to believe they'd keep quiet about where the other computer went.

Forum Donator
    BG Level

http://www.kinopolis.de/filminfo/r/i...vensache04.jpg
    Jimmy Conway says: "Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut!"

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    people still use Ibooks?
    Indeed.

And you wont get in trouble if youre caught; that is if you deny knowing that they were stolen. If the police knew that you purposely bought stolen goods, youd get in trouble, but not as much as the thiefs. If you get caught and deny that you knew the goods were stolen, they will just take it away from you.

Xavier

His IP is already logged at these forums, so it wouldn't be hard to track him (you) down lol!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    His IP is already logged at these forums, so it wouldn't be hard to track him (you) down lol!
    Curses! I would have got away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and your nosey forum!

Re-he-he-he!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I dare someone to find out which school it was from and report his IP address to them. ^_~

Seriously, stealing from a school no matter how boring you think it is, is fucking lame. I hope your friends get caught.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    I dare someone to find out which school it was from and report his IP address to them. ^_~

Seriously, stealing from a school no matter how boring you think it is, is fucking lame. I hope your friends get caught.
    OMG DO IT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast