+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (PC/PS4/XB1) (Featuring Quicktime Dodging)

Some shitty unprofessional game 'journalists' accidentally leaked a video of them reacting to the announcement of Tekken 7 running on Unreal Engine 4. A bit more info and video in question at Gematsu.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/07/tekken-7-...ckLGJ54Uuj7.99

blax n gunz
    BG Level

UE4 guarantees a PC port at some point, but Bandai Namco doesn't have the best track record there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Concept for a new fighter, Katsuhiro Harada looking for feedback
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...ab-fighter.jpg
    Hi everyone, this is Harada from the Tekken Project.

This will probably catch you all in a surprise, but I have a question I’d like to ask all of you “Tekken fans”. Asking a question like this is very rare in the history of Tekken development.

I believe all of you know by now that we are developing Tekken 7 at the moment. Of course, in Tekken 7, there will be “some” new characters that will be featured in the game. The ideas of these new characters are changing daily, and nothing is totally decided yet.

Today, I wanted to ask about “one of the ideas within the several new character ideas”. That is, a design concept of an Arab character. I would particularly like to hear the feedback from our Tekken fan community in the Middle Eastern countries (and of course, the all Tekken fan community).

However, the character lineup for Tekken 7 has not been decided! This character that we have shown you this time has not been decided as the character to be featured in the game yet. It will be decided depending on the reactions and feedback from the Tekken fan community.

Please do comment on this design concept that we have revealed this time.

To be honest, we did have an idea of an Arab fighter since 2008, but since most of the development team members are Japanese and do not know much about the Middle Eastern culture or clothes, we were not able to fully design it back then.

But in recent years I (Harada) have been visiting places such as Dubai and Saudi Arabia, and many of the development staff members have been learning about Middle Eastern culture and designs. From there we came up with this character’s outfit design.

If the Tekken fan community, especially those in the Middle Eastern area, end up liking this character, I would like to feature this character in the game.

On the other hand, if this character is not received well by the Middle Eastern Tekken fan community members, there is a possibility that the character will be considerably changed or letting go of the idea of featuring this character in the game.

The development team likes this design and think that this character is a cool Arab fighter, but if there is something in particular to mention, please do let us know. We would like it if you all do like the character as well.

(Some precautions again)

• Note that featuring this Arab character in the game is not decided yet at this moment and will need the push from the Tekken fan community.
    • What we want you to look at is mainly the outfit concept, the fighting style, etc. but please do not debate about the gameplay portion at this stage.
    • This is just a concept sketch. Nothing has been set in stone, so please do not jump the gun and think everything is already fixed and decided.
    • We will not count as feedback those comments that use bad and inappropriate language or those that harm others. If it becomes a big issue, we will take down the post and seal it in the very firm Mishima Zaibatsu container box forever (and we will block you). We will erase those comments that does not relate to the topic. We look forward for Tekken fans to comment and feedback in a mannerly fashion.
    • The development team will be reading the comments but will not (be able to) reply except for particular cases. In addition, we will have a cut-off time on the feedbacks after a certain time.
    • There will be several new other characters in Tekken 7. We will not be revealing them yet. But I will collect feedbacks also about them in the future.

We ask for the Tekken fans’ help. Let’s build the excitement for Tekken 7 together. I thank you for your help in advance!

Post by Tekken Project Game Director / Chief Producer - Katsuhiro Harada
    https://www.facebook.com/tekken/phot...e=1&permPage=1
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN

Harada is surprised by how much feedback this is getting
    Yesterday Tekken 7 Director and Producer Katsuhiro Harada asked the fans for feedback on an Arab-looking assassin-like character concept that might be used for the game, and the community definitely scrambled to comment and discuss.

Harada-san responded extensively on Twitter, expressing his surprise for the amount of feedback received and talking about the experience, which definitely isn’t very common for a game developer.

I’m surprised at the number of feedback and reactions (on the Facebook, Twitter, Internet media) about Arab character.

Whew..The open discussion is not easy way.
    But It is glad Because We can get many people’s opinion & We can advance game development safely.

We got many positive feedback from Arab Tekken fan community.
    But we have to be careful with that. We need to read their opinion for several more days.
    He also mentioned that the character has short hair because while visiting Dubai and Saudi Arabia he was told that long hair is not suitable for an Arab fighter. The typical Arab long coat is also missing because the bottom would be too demanding hardware resources-wise.

Harada-san then answered about the similarities with Altair from Assassin’s Creed:

Um ok. But that is not hood and modern design right. Anyway I’ll change something.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/...-similarities/
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the AC complaint is bullshit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Not really. Altair is the first thing I thought of when I saw it, too.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah an arabian guy in an arabian turban is such a ripoff of that other brown guy in that other video game.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the turban/cloak was white it would be almost an exact ripoff of Altair

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

UGH SUCH A RIPOFF

PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Exactly, the realistic looking arab turban + coat harada showed is a clear ripoff of that fictional getup with the bird hood from AC. I mean seriously they're both brown people in whitish coats, does namco think we won't notice?? I hope ubisoft sues.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

LAWSUITS INCOMING.

Seriously though, I respect Harada. This can't be the easiest way to go about designing a character, but he's seeing it through.

Anime news network posted up a column on this today so I was gonna post it but found the discussion here already. I think he looks good but I have absolutely no value to offer them on the Middle Eastern perspective. Knowing how the subject is likely to cause firestorms, I think it is a good idea to ask but then I wonder about all of their other characters and how much is this will cause fans to say, "Why not be sensitive about all of them?".

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That little zoom in they do on every critical(?) hit is gonna get obnoxious really fast. Already does in the video, or maybe it's just part of the trailer and will be different in the end product. Let's hope so.

Other than that, <3 Xiaoyu.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Introducing Lucky Chloe

20th Anniversary trailer & Gameplay

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've loved Tekken since I played the first one in the arcade back in the day. I'm slightly iffy on this one right now cuz every trailer I've seen has this "cell shadey outline" on every character reminding me of the crap that was Street Fighter X Tekken. I know Capcom made that garbage title so I'm hoping Namco isn't trying to copy them.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

At this point Harada and Ono are borrowing from one another. Both series look to be slightly gravitating towards one another in terms of style. SFV took a heavy shift towards that direction, and Tekken seems to be getting "lighter", although its always had those crazy looking "icons" representing hits. I remember the blue balls (heh) from Hworang's hits in Tekken 3.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Its an anime 3d fighter now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast