+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI and my network     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FFXI and my network

I am currently away at school, where my connection is anything but perfect. But my question is this... I am able to surf the net, stay on AIM, but while I am playing FFXI, it always lags out. Sometimes I can not connect at all, other times I go from 100%-0% back and forth for about 10 minutes until finally I give up.

If it helps I am running a wired connection, and this problem only seems to be when I am on the windows portion of my partitioned hard-drive. The mac side seems to be running fine, any ideas?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

School networks suck, it may have XI ports blocked, or throttled down a lot. Ask the IT guys to see if the ports XI use are open or not. If theyre open, it's probably because theyre limiting the bandwidth you allowed to use, and too many things running = no dice. Im guessing XI ports are blocked though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well my problem is FFXI cuts in and out, everything else seems to be running perfectly. Sure it is a little slow, but the whole windows things has never been tip top for running speed.