+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrace House (Netflix)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Terrace House (Netflix)

Anyone watching this? Friend suggested this to me and I found it interesting.

Basically it is a Japanese show where 6 strangers (3 men and 3 women) live in a house together and live their lives, pretty much like the Real World, but house members live their own lives outside of the house with jobs and can leave whenever they like. Each episode covers 1 week and runs about 30-40 min each. When a house member leaves, they are replaced usually within 1-2 episodes by someone of the same gender. Most of the house members are on the show to better themselves, and some are there looking for love which is interesting to see how they go about courting each other for weeks before even considering holding hands lol.

A few times throughout each episode, it cuts to a panel made up of Japanese actors, comedians, and models who break down the action and give thoughts on what just happened in a segment which tends to lead to some hilarious moments like calling out a house member who was leading someone else on romantically when they had no interest.

Currently there are 3 seasons on Netflix:
    Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City (46 Episodes)
    Terrace House: Aloha State (36 Episodes)
    Terrace House: Opening New Doors (8 Currently, 8 more released May 22nd)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hubby is watching it. He loves it. Says he's gained some insight into some aspects of Japanese culture.