Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dagger of Trials Latent please help!

Thf75 and working on evisceration, and I can't seem to break the latent off my dagger. This is my second dagger now. my first dagger has 500+ points on it, but i tossed it and start over.(more below) This one currently has 375 points.

I use it as thf/dnc, in main hand always. My second dagger I SC with my NPC, and I track it accordingly while doing pages with NPC. I currently have it on limit points. And always on easy prey or greater from FOV cape terragin.

1 point solo
    2 points for detonation
    3 points for distortion

currently up to 375 points.

My first dagger I SC with a friend closing light, tracked it to 330 points, and i stop tracking it, but keep on working on it.. 4-5 more sessions of FOV and still not broken. I would guess the points are around 500+. I was frustrated and i read about maybe there is a glitch where if you talk to the NPC after receiving the dagger then the points don't accrue properly or at all.

I call GM and he said I should visit the community site www.playonline.com . I look through wiki for like the 5 time, i don't see anything glaring.

anyone experience this problem? I am ready to give up on evisceration.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do you have another trial weapon that you never completed? I'm pretty sure you can't get points if you have a different trial weapon, or are on another trial weapon quest that you have to kill the NM that you spawn.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not sure if this is your first 75 or not. If its not then pls ignore this, but the actual graphic on the weapon doesnt change. you need to check the elemental resistance on the equipment screen. If the elemental resists are gone then weapon is broke. I didnt know that the first time i was breaking my weapon, so hope this helps. Once again, most people know this, but new people may not.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I completed all my trial weapons so far. my last was spiral hell. didn't have this same problem. I did track points on my spiral hell as well... i was within 5 points, like at 296, it was broken. I probably didn't note all of the WS down.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Skeelo View Post
    Not sure if this is your first 75 or not. If its not then pls ignore this, but the actual graphic on the weapon doesnt change. you need to check the elemental resistance on the equipment screen. If the elemental resists are gone then weapon is broke. I didnt know that the first time i was breaking my weapon, so hope this helps. Once again, most people know this, but new people may not.
    omg i am such an fing noob. i haven't broken a weapon in a long time, i did spiral hell in 2005, then quit the game and came back in 09. I am coming up on 3rd 75 jobs... and still noob. (my first lvl 75 since coming back)

resolved,
    thank you!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good I love Christmas time. ^^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

lmao although i did have a good chuckle, i'd just like to say i'm glad you got it fixed, Happy Christmas, grats on evis.