Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fenrir     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fenrir

Can someone give me a decent party setup and strat? I have heard of 2 basically one being near impossible to organize.
    #1 SMN SMN SMN SMN WHM NIN - impossible to find that many 70+ smn willing to help
    #2 PLD/NIN NIN/WAR WHM BRD(2hr mambo or whatever the evasion song is) BLM BLM Basically with this setup I have heard nin tanks and pld is reserved for flash when shadows are needed. Fenrir 2hr, pld invincible and takes hate and prays. BLMx2 for stun and Timed nukes. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Seems a lot of people are wary of taking him on and its becoming frustrating since I have had the avatars themselves for almost a year and a half. Too bad Almaa not here he would have tanked him straight up and screamed DWP as he hit the ground

Black Belt
    BG Level

i've beaten it twice, both times required a trial run in which everyone waste their two hours and figure out what to do the second time around without using two hours.

job combo:

NIN/WAR BRD/WHM RNG/NIN SMN/WHM WHM/SMN RDM/???

NIN/WAR BRD/WHM RNG/NIN SMN/WHM WHM/SMN SAM/???

strategy - blink tank it like any mob, get the hell away from the NIN when it does 2 hour.

both groups were completely different players besides myself.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It's also possible, though not the safest setup, to have 5x BLM 1x RDM and treat this like a MB PT. I haven't done that setup before, but theoretically it can work. The only 'tried and true safe method' is 5x SMN 1x BRD. But yeah, it's really not that hard of a fight either, just careful of 2hr. Good luck getting him.

I got a 67MB vid of some people beating Fenrir with pld tank, its one of my fav videos, i dont remember how I got it though and I dont have anything to host the vid to post it here, if someone wants to host it for me. send me a pm and tell me what to do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

beaten it once, just for earring, been to lazy to go back
    NIN/WAR NIN/WAR RDM/BLM(me) WHM/BLM RNG/NIN <.< that's it

was very VERY easy <.< just had RNG shadowbind Fenrir as soon as it 2houred <.< then gathered together for a divine Curaga :Dand win~

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Beat it 6x as PLD/WAR and being only tank.

First time when I was 73 PLD and 5/6 times without having a single piece of Keonig.

It's very possible to PLD tank it (no I didn't kite it around the portal either, although that is a good idea) just have to find people who know how to play their job, get em together, and go get your doggy.

The vid I have has

Quistisx (rdm/blm) af armor
    Shocker (pld/war) full adaman armor
    Chrisby (whm/blm) vermillion clock
    Enygma (blm/whm) errant
    Kelvinblade (rng/nin) af armor
    Crazypluto (rng/nin) af armor

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have done it twice,
    1st run was: nin/wax2, brd/whm, whm/smn, blm/whm, drk/thf
    we beat it very easily, only death was blm who was one shotted.

2nd run was: war/nin, pld/nin, blm/whm, whm/smn, mnk/nin, and brd/whm
    the mnk died b/c he was using cross counters and fenrir crecent moon > tripple attacked him. after that was no problem.

Its a good idea for the brd to sing dark carol close to half life to reduce his 2-hr. Jack o'Laterns also will increase drk resistance. whm should use benediction following the 2-hr as it creates les hate then a divine seal curaga2-3 as would be needed to recover full hps. dont bother casting reraise before the fight as fenrir will constant dispelga. if things go wrong have the brd cast his reraise song ASAP.

Anyone of you even try to set up a light skillchain or is it just a hack and slash and pray sort of thing?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

you can try:

1 rng
    1 pld
    3 blm
    another blm or any job

1) 3 blm cast highest lv elemental magic
    2) rng binds it
    3) 3 blm cast another highest lb elemental magic
    4) pld uses spirit within, voke and invisible
    5) rng and blms go all out on it

that was kinda like my setup the last time i fought it. you can have another rng as 6th and repeat step 1-2.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar
    4) pld uses spirit within, voke and invisible
    invincible

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

lol yeah that one

{INVISIBLE} Go all out ...... hahaha oh the fun I would have with that

my setup was this:

nin/war
    pld/nin
    2x rng/nin
    whm/blm (me)
    sam/nin

Frist time we tried we wipped but i only took 54dmg from his 2hr.

Second time we won. after fenir 2-hr, the pld 2hr, then i 2hr, and it was over.

Woootaru .... Got doggy last night. Took 2 wipes, me eating a R1 x2, and sitting around for lightsday but we finally did it. Thanks Empire, and Harid for answering my questions during it, and thanks everyone here for answering my questions. I did it a bit unorthadox I guess, at least according to Cloude, and had nin pld/nin blmx2 whm sam. First two times we ate his 2hr and wiped (776dmg to me both times). On lightsday he seemed to not use dispelga as much and his 2hr was nowhere near as bad. Thanks again everyone

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

RDM/BRD tank!!! >_>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i went a number of times, the most successful runs were pld blm blm blm blm whm, pld goes in 300% tp spirits within, changes to staff, blms nuke slow until around 75% or when the whm is running low on mp, pld 2 hours, blms manafont and just go crazy, toss out stuns after you cast, ive stunned his 2 hour 3 times, have the pld cover whichever blm has hate, and before the 30 seconds from blm 2 hour is up, it should be dead, if not, you suck at blm

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1 Rdm/drk - Chainspell Stun
    4 Blm/rdm - Thundaga x 4
    1 Free ride - Look at the purdy effects

:3

<.< That hurt last nite BUt we got the job done and i got me Stone

Gratz Endo. and every one else that helped.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've done fenrir a few times with both paladin and ninja tanks. Paladin tank can work, but I found ninja to be very smooth. My preferred setup is:

Nin/war
    Brd/whm
    Rdm/blm
    Blm/whm
    Blm/whm
    Whm/blm

Major points:
    -Ninja uses Raiton (lowers earth resistance) to help bard stick an elegy early.
    -Have your blm's take turns stunning, and stun every BP he does (you won't stun the actual move, but you will buy your ninja time to recover from them, and get utsu back up if needed)
    -Lunar roar is like a dispelga that strips all buffs. When fenrir uses it, rdm needs to re-haste the ninja.
    -Lunar cry is a move that is an AoE that adds 2 status downs, accuracy and evasion, you need 2 quick erases on the ninja after fenrir uses it.
    -Rdm/blm and Whm/blm both Ele Seal and enfeeble at the start, one slow one paralyze, blm's can save ES for nukes or to reapply the enfeebles if they wear.
    -At around 55% health, everyone puts up stoneskin that can, and the bard 2 hours and casts dark carol, making sure to hit everyone.
    -After Carol is up, both blms toss out a big nuke, which will result in fenrir's 2 hour (last time I fought him his 2 hour didn't even do enough damage to take off all my stoneskin)

My only loss to him was the first time I fought him, and it was the first time for everyone in the party. We went back in, had a plan, and took him down easily.