FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

That is a lot of cgi.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just finished up with this. Nice show, flew by.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished last night as well.

Spoilers for those interested:

Spoiler: show
    The ending felt kind of rushed, almost like they had one ending written and ready to shoot and then Covid started so they reshot some stuff in case there isn't a season 2.

Nathan is a great character. I didn't expect him (even though we're not 100% sure he did) to screw Jamie over with selling of his program, but his relationship with Nora was very believable and those two have great chemistry.

Nora's story became very '0 to 60 back to 0" in her interactions pre and post Nathan's memory recovery. And then suddenly became a Jason Bourne parody with the assassin.

They did an excellent job keeping the "whodunit" part cloudy enough throughout, even if it wasn't resolved by seasons end. You start out hating Ingrid and knowing she did it to being soft towards her as she dealt with Nathan's niece and her own family, and then laughed at the pathetic part of her character after she Uploaded herself.

Jamie was almost the opposite.

The side character interactions are great, and blend in just enough to Nathan and Nora's story to be more than just stuff that also happened. Mildred and genderbent Dylan were highlights. William B. Davis be OLD AS HELL but still vastly entertaining; that chamberpot pee scene was...pardon me...gold.

Theres enough here to have me excited for a S2. Id have to see how that goes before thinking a S3 is possible, don't think it has legs that long right now. The world needs more Andy Allo and her pixie cuts.

tl;Dr - Little uneven with the writing at times, but the whole cast delivers a good story that make 10 episodes seem like 3 or 4.

I think Byron is someone sent to keep tabs on Nora. Maybe playing both sides here as a lovestruck mercenary of sorts, but he just seems to be something more.

EDIT: OH SHIT HOW COULD I FORGET CREED!

My wife and I developed a theory. At the end of The Office after being released from jail, Creed stole Rupert Tilford's identity right before he died. Then upon learning Rupert was wealthy, directed everyone to find a way to build him a "bobody" and get him out from the upload world so that he could finally scuba.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Finished this recently. Overall it was enjoyable, but yeah the ending felt rushed with its setup for S2. Nathan's interactions with Luke and the upload kid were definitely the best parts of the story imo. The AI was probably my favorite parts since it seemed like he just wanted a friend. Creed was definitely a lol. Had to do a double take to recognize it was him.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    tl;Dr - Little uneven with the writing at times, but the whole cast delivers a good story that make 10 episodes seem like 3 or 4.
    I've gotten so used to these "Originals" from streaming services being 40m-1hr long episodes that you kinda just blow through this one when them being at 20min a pop.

I don't know how much its got for legs either since
    S1 deals with enough of the visual gags and jokes you can get out of a digital world, so S2 would have to be primarily about driving the overarching plot forward and whatever other character development the writers want to get in.

I do need more Luke though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Season 2 is a mixed bag. 6 Episodes in out of 8.

The first 3 episodes go into some post-apocalyptic resistance stuff that makes little to no sense so far outside of introducing some side characters. It feels like a different show with the same actors for a bit. Don't like it at all.

Episode 4 onward goes back into continuing S1's story to great effect. My only complaint is that damn can William B. Davis not be a villain?

Outside of the initial hiccup, everything is better from S1. Comedy is improved, the layers are better written, and the supporting casts shines a good bit brighter. Really liking this show, and it is obviously a Greg Daniels product.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I've mostly seen people preferring this season to the first one, but I'm not one of them. I'm sure I'll watch a season 3, because it's got enough charm to make me bother with it, but sometime around the midpoint of this season I realized my interest was waning a bit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Season 3 premiers Oct 20.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag