+ Reply to Thread
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

A Series of Unfortunate Events - Season 2 March 30, 2018

Netflix Adapting Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' Into TV Show

Netflix is adapting popular book series A Series of Unfortunate Events into an original series.
    The streaming service has acquired the rights to produce a new series based on the 13 best-selling novels published from 1999 to 2006 and written by Lemony Snicket, the pen name of author Daniel Handler.
    Count me among the minority that enjoyed the film adaptation, so I'm happy at least that more of the books will reach a larger audience.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just watched the first episode. I almost peed with how good an adaptation it was. Then I saw the last five minutes. WRY would they do that? Fuck.

Please label the episode you are referring to for spoilers.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Wife loves the books. I never cared to read them but the quality in the Netflix show is leagues better than the movie. I know the whole story so I'm curious as to where they are going with it(ala the last 5 minutes part).

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.fuse.tv/2017/01/lemony-sn...ason-2-renewed
    Asked what he's up to next, Handler, who published the novel series from 1999 to 2006, answered:

"I am deep in Season 2. I’ve been working in my own dining room with a team of writers I’m really loving on the next season, and we hope to get the go-ahead to do Season 3, which...given how quickly young actors age and change, we’re trying to film everything as quickly as possible. The second season is laid out to be 10 episodes for the next five books, so it ends on The Carnivorous Carnival, and the third season would be the rest of i

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I barely made it through EP1. Not sure I'll be continuing this. The episode was actually more boring than just doing nothing at all.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I barely made it through EP1. Not sure I'll be continuing this. The episode was actually more boring than just doing nothing at all.
    What turned you off specifically? I loved the quirkiness and the overall style of the show, but it did seem a little too try-hard at times. Finished the first season yesterday, was definitely getting a little bored of the repetitive formula and wanting more answers to some of the questions/mysteries they kept posing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Finished the first season today with my gf. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good way to start the new year.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Know nothing about the books and was lukewarm on the film; wife and I are on board merely by NPH. I'll report back once we get some episodes under our belts soon. It looks promising and I totally forgot that it premiered this weekend!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I remember reading these books when I was younger. Was hooked. Got to book 8 and then realized it's the same damn shit every book. Same pattern but in each loop you get like a small piece of the larger puzzle. Never finished. Never looked back. Never saw the movie. I may try the show though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dont know, i just cant watch its just too boring for my taste. There seems never to be a momentum building up. The best parts are when the baby speaks tbh. Lost interest through mid episode 3

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

1st world problems; why does all the advertising say this is 4k HDR but it's only streaming in 4k? -_-

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Depends on your TV/playback device.

I have a Samsung JS9000 wihich is capable of 4k HDR (Amazon does this) but Netflix has not yet updated their software so you're stuck with 4k. AFAIK not many other than new TV's (read, released within the last 2-4 mo.) have the HDR compatable Netflix software.

I use my Xbone to get HDR 4k playback on my TV.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have a Samsung KS8000 which definitely does HDR and I even double checked on other Netflix shows like Jessica Jones etc that play in HDR.

Reddit has a thread with people asking as well so it's not just me.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I finished the first season. I liked all the actors and I, personally, liked the pace of it. As for the parents thing

Spoiler: show
    The parents are not the parents of the kids. Its a weird side story meant to fuck with people, I think. or maybe explain the eye dealy. Either way, its not the kids parents so people who have read the book can calm down

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I finished the first season. I liked all the actors and I, personally, liked the pace of it. As for the parents thing

Spoiler: show
    The parents are not the parents of the kids. Its a weird side story meant to fuck with people, I think. or maybe explain the eye dealy. Either way, its not the kids parents so people who have read the book can calm down
    Makes sense given the finale of this season.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season 2 on March 30th