Thread: Solo XP in Al'Taieu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Solo XP in Al'Taieu

http://kimiko-ffxi.1up.com/ <--- a short chronicle of my attempt to break the 5k xp mark solo. I'll be making another run at it when the xp ring comes back up and thunderday is up.

Good Job Mang!

Yeret

You can easily break 5k an hour with ring in the garden, fighting euvhi solo. Just gravity and nuke, sleep if they come to close to you. Easily get chain 2 525, if lucky you can get chain3. :D
    Chain3

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My solo chain 2 562exp is still untouched.

Smn <3 Agloolik

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The most relaxing party ever, and the best exp was me and Carbuncle in Uleguerand. Don't you agree Niro?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Nerf BLM

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Nerf BLM

Ehh..4k an hour is 4k an hour, even solo. Just really not worth my time, especially when merits are the way they are. I'd rather have a fastpaced EXP PT where the time goes by fast. 5k an hour solo feels like 5k/day...

Let's not forget to have fun when we EXP too...its the only way I've managed to come close to 200 merits.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nice read.

IMO, /WHM is the worst sub for solo'ing phuabos. /RDM or /NIN is better, and I tend to prefer /NIN. /RDM for fast cast to lower the timers on Thunder IV and Aspir and higher INT for stronger nukes.

/NIN for Utsusemi, obviously. Like you said in your post, phuabos tend to interrupt you even if SS absorbs most of the hit and Blink isn't 100%. Utsusemi is 100% and doesn't cost any MP to cast. Chain 2 is pretty common as /NIN and breaking 4k/hr is easy w.out ring.

Good luck trying it as /RDM.

Also, like you said, sabots and day make a pretty big difference. As do merits. Obis do as well, and soloing phuabos is a great way to get them since phuabo organs are needed for rairin and hyorin (thunder and ice).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

So do you think you could make more EXP in Sea than soloing Elementals in Sky? Just wondering 2k away from a merit and I just want to get it over with in as little time as possible

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    So do you think you could make more EXP in Sea than soloing Elementals in Sky? Just wondering 2k away from a merit and I just want to get it over with in as little time as possible
    oh without a doubt, sea mobs are alot more 'squishy'

nerf SMN+BST on bombs

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Nice read.

IMO, /WHM is the worst sub for solo'ing phuabos. /RDM or /NIN is better, and I tend to prefer /NIN. /RDM for fast cast to lower the timers on Thunder IV and Aspir and higher INT for stronger nukes.

/NIN for Utsusemi, obviously. Like you said in your post, phuabos tend to interrupt you even if SS absorbs most of the hit and Blink isn't 100%. Utsusemi is 100% and doesn't cost any MP to cast. Chain 2 is pretty common as /NIN and breaking 4k/hr is easy w.out ring.

Good luck trying it as /RDM.

Also, like you said, sabots and day make a pretty big difference. As do merits. Obis do as well, and soloing phuabos is a great way to get them since phuabo organs are needed for rairin and hyorin (thunder and ice).
    /whm is fine on phaubo's if u manage ur MP well - like u said, day makes a difference for sure. on lightningday, x3 thunder 4 and x1 thunder III will usuallykill the mob (sometimes a tier 1 is needed) but its more MP friendly obviously than x 4 IV'S.

getting 4k~ is pretty common through ice/lightning day, as /whm.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's an interesting read, Kimiko. Might have to try it as RDM/BLM, see what I can do. Obviously, less damage/spell, but more MP and Phalanx might see what happens. Just recently invested in Jupiter's Staff and Elemental Torque and finally got my Duelist's Tights, so it might be OK.

Reading your live journal, I have to ask what happened to make you quit your HNMLS. You get some ideas from the read, but nothing specific.

/em casts "Nosy" <me>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    My solo chain 2 562exp is still untouched.

Smn <3 Agloolik
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    The most relaxing party ever, and the best exp was me and Carbuncle in Uleguerand. Don't you agree Niro?
    Aglooliks can have my babies.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sig was pre-exp ring patch.. could easily do more than 5k/hr.. usually around 5.5k if things went well.. although since the addition of xp rings and Om'phuabo changes, I prefer aerns, where chain4 630 is by best there.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    oh without a doubt, sea mobs are alot more 'squishy'
    Agreed, Sea mobs = Ungodly XP, but also take into account that Sky mobs = money drops to boot. With some clusters running 7-10k a stack on siren, you can't go wrong either place.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    Sig was pre-exp ring patch.. could easily do more than 5k/hr.. usually around 5.5k if things went well.. although since the addition of xp rings and Om'phuabo changes, I prefer aerns, where chain4 630 is by best there.
    I usually avoid the Aern's myself due to the unpredictable nature of their reraise, and their varied jobs. Nothing worse than blowing your entire mana pool just to have it raise up again... ^^;

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Little tip.. aern RR has an "aggro" range.. get away from them as soon as you kill them and they may or may not RR.. but either they won't come after you, already halfway into your first MP tick. Solo chaining takes precision MP management to get that high, that consistently to keep the xp per hour up.. most of the time, unless manafont is going, you can't afford to aggro aern reraise.

Another thing that helps me, though it takes a bit of practice before doing it, is soloing without buffs. They waste valuable nuke time casting :3 However, with phuabo changes, you have to at least waste some spell, albeit a stoneskin, blink or a stun, before you can begin damage on it. With aerns, you can pull with a tier4 and if you know what job you could possibly get, plan the fight accordingly. Between well-timed binds, stuns, gravities, and sleeps, lastly, only if needed, you should be able to master keeping the chain without the use of meds or extreme conserve MP luck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    I usually avoid the Aern's myself due to the unpredictable nature of their reraise, and their varied jobs. Nothing worse than blowing your entire mana pool just to have it raise up again... ^^;
    I soloed aerns for organs (albeit on SMN, not BLM), but all I had to do was run away a little bit after they died, and they didn't come after me after reraising.

It was good xp for solo organ farming, but I imagine a BLM could do it faster. I'm still gimped by my BP timer.