+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer receivers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Pioneer receivers

I bought a Pioneer Premier DEH-P960 head unit for my Mustang right after I bought the car. It was a sharp unit, and I paid about $600 for it, so it wasn't something I took lightly. About 8 months ago, it began to malfunction; the face wouldn't open all the way when you tried to access the OEL display panel or load/eject discs. It opens halfway, then the power to the faceplate shuts down, and it closes back up. I've come to find out that the two retaining springs that hold tension on the blocks that clip the the faceplate onto the unit itself are broken, and this is why the unit will not function opened, nor open properly. So my questions are: anyone familiar with audio electronics?

Can I get replacement springs and install them? Do I need to just send the unit off for repair? Bite the bullet and buy a new one?

I'm this close | | to throwing this mofo out the window right now ><

Send it in for repairs, seroiusly, mustangs are probably the hardest in getting in and out face plates.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If it's just the face plate im sure you could find a replacement that comes with the right components but i wouldnt know where to find one

Can always go back to the place you purchased it from, most places that sell have a service department, i'm sure you did go that route tho.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Ordered online ; ;

Mine is a 99 model, fairly easy to work on =) Then again, I'm also an ASE certified auto tech, so I guess easy to me isn't to other people.