+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 438 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Brave Frontier (iOS/Android)

For an up-to-date list of players, head here: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...=1#post6267684

Has anyone else tried this out? I started last night after it was suggested by a friend of mine. Sort of similar progression style as Puzzle & Dragons where you beat stages with a team that you build from drops as well as "roll." The difference is there are no puzzles, but timing of attacks and skills.

Here's an iTunes link
    Google Play
    Official Facebook page

Basically, you have an element cycle (Fire > Earth > Electric > Water > Fire ---- Light <> Dark) and each unit has an element. You can synchronize attacks to create a "Spark" which increases damage. There is also a meter that fills as you defeat enemies and create Spark combos that lets you use your units' special attacks.

Some units also have skills that effect your whole party when placed in the Leader spot (Leader Skills) that will increase stats or traits in some way. These include increased defense against certain elements, attack in certain or all elements, increased Spark damage, increased gauge building, etc.

If anyone picks it up, let me know your name and add me as a friend. ID is 71418728. Add it in Social > Add Friend > Friend Search as well as Social > Special > Picture at the bottom to get a free fuse material worth about 50-75k experience. Don't use your free Metal God on your starter unit though. It is a waste of experience.

EDIT: They also have free heroes being given away currently.
    iOS link
    Android link

Credit to Jamison for throwing together this list of BGers.

Code:
    BG NAME        BF NAME        ID
    -------        -------        --

Tokitoki    Toki        71418728
    Demenic        -(same)        50537760
    Jamison        -(same)        74026993

Mina        -(same)        93533699
    Gokku        -(same)        3570828
    Anakron        Ivelia        94207774

Vandole        Dole        19923439
    Nitsuki        -(same)        22005274
    Dominico    Dominus        21338493

Shini        -(same)        50881493
    Kamikazi321    Tiii        77535519
    Tearshang    Tear        361473616

Imprison    -(same)        82108075
    Khrnos        Magnuts        55081535
    Johnblaze    Blaze        824208819

Tyrath        -(same)        322228552

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Bump with a couple screenshots. If anyone starts today, later on there are limited time dungeons (today, Thurs, Sat) to get more experience fuse materials. It's a good day to start up.

Here are a few pictures. The first two are in a quest, first picture being the setup of a battle, the next being a Brave Burst that was used against me. Last is the "Squad" menu where you create your team.

Spoiler: show

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Started playing this yesterday as I was bored at lunch when I saw this post.

Player ID: 50537760

Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing yet as I'm just starting, but the game seems simple and enjoyable enough. Hit novice in the pvp arena, so I must be doing something right with my team.

If you try to farm the bosses from the first quest areas (outside the tutorial), have fun. I tried for a bit to get that dragoon unit from the first water area in Mistral, but after about 10 attempts looked it up online and forums said it is either impossible or extremely low to the point of not even trying to get the bosses there in Mistral. I guess they show up again later in either map 2 or 3. Who knows.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing yet as I'm just starting, but the game seems simple and enjoyable enough. Hit novice in the pvp arena, so I must be doing something right with my team.

If you try to farm the bosses from the first quest areas (outside the tutorial), have fun. I tried for a bit to get that dragoon unit from the first water area in Mistral, but after about 10 attempts looked it up online and forums said it is either impossible or extremely low to the point of not even trying to get the bosses there in Mistral. I guess they show up again later in either map 2 or 3. Who knows.
    To start there isn't too much to do. Hope you get a good summon or two from the Rare Summon page and build teams that will get you through the first world. You'll want a healer for the main quests, but the Arena is up in the air for me. Some of the AI is bad for the healers and they'll ignore their BB.

There are stages where the bosses will drop (Zephu, Lidian (SP?), etc.) but they are later in the game. Don't try to farm the lower levels, not worth the stamina cost.

Add me under the banner in the Social > Gifts section and we'll both get a free metal god if you haven't done it with anyone else already.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Add me
    Done.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Adding you two now.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Add myself or Demenic on the special > metal.god banner as well and you and whoever you add receives a metal god for some extra exp.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Already did with someone else, sorry

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just got to the second map and right off the bat the monsters hit tons harder than anything in the first map. I expected there to be a gradual jump, but not right at the beginning. Got to the fire boss on the 2nd map, Agni, and he almost wiped out my team just from when he'd occasionally take 3 turns at one time. Hurray for cure pots.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah there is definitely a jump. I'm up to the light temple on the second map and got wiped by the last boss on the last quest there. I might have to bring two support characters instead of only 1.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Downloading now.

I'm in your care, Tokitoki.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Beat that last stage. Make sure you bring enough Stimulants for the wastelands and the temple on the second map. In particular, the second to last stage in the light temple, the boss is a wyvern that paralyses your ubits. I had basically everyone paralyzed at one point.

Mina, add me when you start. My leader can probably carry you through several stages.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Added. I got Knight Will for my first summon thing.

My Player ID is 93533699

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hah did my first few vortexes with the mimics. 4-5 mimics a run, 1k exp each (for non-dark). I'll take it, especially since I'm trying to save my metal for a decent hero, although I've been thinking about using them on my Phoenix. But I think I'd like to get a decent offensive hero and use it on them to help carry me through things.

I placed Phoenix as my leader, so if you add me you can use it for some healing off it's BB or just the leader skill of increasing hp from hearts during battle.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Adding people now

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is there the concept of rerolling for a good starter in this game? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    Adding people now
    Don't forget to go to social > special, click the "metal god" banner, and put one of our codes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Is there the concept of rerolling for a good starter in this game? Or are they all pretty much the same?
    I don't know if it's possible, saw a random post about someone trying to delete their data to restart and it would keep pulling in the old stuff.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah it just keeps loading your old data. I tried it the same way you would PAD, but it didn't work.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

There's two ways of removing it. One is using a program that I know nothing about but "read" that it works and the other is formatting your phone/device.

Can't say I'd be interested in doing either of those things.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I'm going to try and load it on to my tablet just to see if I can use Titanium backup before starting, and restoring to that to start over.