+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kartia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

Kartia

Anyone remember this game for PS1? I JUST remembered it and how much stupid fucking fun I had playing it. It's like FFT, except you use cards as attacks and defensive moves and things, it was sooooo much fun.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I have it. It was pretty enjoyable but the summons just got to be useless from what I remember. You could power up your main characters enough to the point where summons were just fodder.

I remember the big selling point for the game was Yoshitaka Amano as character designer.

E. Body
    BG Level

Awesome. I think I'm going to try and blow through FFT and Kartia (maybe find a used copy at GameStop or something) this summer. Hopefully I'll do better than I did when I was twelve. Learning how to level up ftw.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kartia was so awesome. Great Amano artwork and the gameplay was so fun. It also had two playable characters that each had completely different storylines and battles. When you worked through one character's game you would occasionally see the other character at certain points and if you tried the other character, you'd see the same events from his or her point of view too. Love that game. Great soundtrack too.

New Merits
    BG Level

D: I didn't like it if I recall, but it's been years and years since I sold it. There were 2 main characters you could choose from, correct?

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zylo
    D: I didn't like it if I recall, but it's been years and years since I sold it. There were 2 main characters you could choose from, correct?
    Yeap, correct, as stated in the post above yours.

New Merits
    BG Level

Sorry, but as j00 can see from the times on them there posts, it was not there when I posted, hehe. Everyone has 100 HP as well, amirite?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylo
    Yeap, correct, as stated in the post above yours.
    Front Mission 3 was like this, too. I had a blast on one campaign, but never got around to the 2nd.