1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes
Closed Thread

Thread: FFXIV Racial Bonus?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

FFXIV Racial Bonus?

Are there going to be any racial bonuses, or significant differences between the races, like in FFXI?

Old Merits
    BG Level

(This should have been posted in random but) Bonuses are applied to clans, not races. ie Miqo'te sunseekers have str/dex/vit bonus while moonseekers get mnd/int/pie (I think it's that way round).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks for the information! First post as you can see lol...

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Regardless of race or tribe, all character stats at start (during beta at least) added up to ninety. The cost to increase your stats is the same for all characters (iirc, one point per point increase if the stat is fifty or under, two points per point if the stat is over fifty).

So the differences in stats only matter at the VERY begging of the game. Once you get up in levels, and if you ever get all your stats up to fifty, it won't matter, because they all start at that base ninety spread.

Pick a race for aesthetics, not stats.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been wondering. I've read in a lot of places that the stat differences will only matter in the very beginning, but wont a higher starting stat result in a higher final stat? I haven't been able to answer this question myself because I'm not sure whether you can deallocate a stat below its starting point. Meaning, if your base STR was 15, could you potentially reallocate your stats and get below 15? Which would allow you to get another stat a little higher? Or is 15 the minimum?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Don't mean to be a jerk but please... especially first posts... use the Random Questions Thread for... random questions.

This topic has also been discussed many times over.

LOCKED.