+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Random Treasure System     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tonko

Random Treasure System

I swear, this is the most annoying thing in this game.

Knowing the treasure respawns (maybe) by moving enough zones away, and knowing that it (might) could have have something other than gil in it, and that that something (possibly) could NOT be a potion, is just a cock tease.

Trying to get 6 Golden Amulets in Ozmone Plain. *sigh*

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You could just advance in the story and get them other ways though. >.>

Tonko

I'm aware. That's after Golmore, Eruyt, Henne, Paramina, Bur-Omisace, and Miriam.

Long ways away. Lots of wasted LP.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I capped LP way before even getting close to the end of the game on everyone, and I got the Golden Amulets when you can buy them. After capping the License Grid, it feels like I was wasting LP. =/

Tonko

This is my second playthrough, I capped my LP well before the end of the game on my first one. I'm just impatient this time around.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    This is my second playthrough, I capped my LP well before the end of the game on my first one. I'm just impatient this time around.
    Umm? The second ozmone plains is opened up, you can get gold amulets from the little town in Mosphoran Highwaste.

What are golden amulets and why do I want them =o

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Axil
    What are golden amulets and why do I want them =o
    Double LP

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They're also sold in that Viera town before you fight the Elder Wyrm.

Tonko

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Umm? The second ozmone plains is opened up, you can get gold amulets from the little town in Mosphoran Highwaste.
    Tried to get through from Nalbina before setting out for Ozmone after the big bada boom in the sky, and it was still blocked. I'll go back and try again.

Tonko

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    They're also sold in that Viera town before you fight the Elder Wyrm.
    The moogle at the entrance dosen't sell them. Is there a vendor inside the town I'm not aware of?

Tonko

Just entered Eryut. Teleported back to Nalbina, they're still not letting me through.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

There should be a woman crouching near the guards by now, talk to her then get a chocobo and you can get through.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The first place that I was able to buy them was the mountain town in the snowy area. I'd say the names of the areas, but I have no idea how to spell them, not going to try either...

Tonko

Quote Originally Posted by Aravil
    There should be a woman crouching near the guards by now, talk to her then get a chocobo and you can get through.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Worked great.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was able to buy golden amulets in Eruyt right after the mines :x

Tonko

Just finished the mines again, and lo and behold, Mr. moogle got more stock.

My initial aggravation over the random treasure system remains. And the conditions for getting the zodiac spear.... what a fucking rip off.

I play through every FF once with no outside help at all. Then go back through and discover everything I missed using guides, friends, whatever. Very annoying that they would make it so you can't get this weapon unless you were.... less than through.... in gathering the (random) treasure that spawns throughout the game.

No hints not to take those particular treasures. No anything that you would know outside of being told from an out of game entity.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

There is another zodiac spear in henne mines though, ironically in one of those random chests.

Tonko

Yes, the one in 100 or some such. Saw it on a thread here on this board, after I beat the game. It's how I learned the spear existed.

Very..... FFXI ish of them.

Well, you MIGHT get this chest (mob)

And it MIGHT have something other than gil in it (fire crystal)

But that thing MIGHT only be a potion (Dryadic feet)

So yeah. Deffinentally FFXI inspired.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Random Treasure System

I swear, this is the most annoying thing in this game.

Knowing the treasure respawns (maybe) by moving enough zones away, and knowing that it (might) could have have something other than gil in it, and that that something (possibly) could NOT be a potion, is just a cock tease.

Trying to get 6 Golden Amulets in Ozmone Plain. *sigh*
    edit: just noticed this post is freaking old lol, oh well

You will be wasting LP by the end of the game. I dont understand why people stress over stuff like this, it's not like it's hard enough to powerlevel your character to that point. Not only, you will remove any challenge from the game and will never feel the satisfaction of winning a hard battle, the time you waste getting that is probably longer than it would to advance to the point where you could get the said item.

Minus the few unique item, you shouldn't bother with rare chest.