1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Upgraded to GenbuPT-3.5
    BG Level

The Last Word – Dalamud Approaches (08/15/2012)

HAY GUYZ ITS GENBU UPDATE!!!111

The Last Word – Dalamud Approaches (08/15/2012)

Kipih Jakkya here, bright-eyed and sharp-eared, bringing you a report on the ever-expanding Dalamud.

But is the red moon truly swelling in size?
    One theory states that Dalamud may actually be moving towards us, thus the illusion of gradual growth. I had the good fortune to speak with Domitien, an Ishgardian scholar and proponent of the “moving moon” theory, and he was kind enough to elaborate further on the subject.

According to Domitien, the red moon's growing proximity is wreaking havoc on the natural balance of the elements. As evidence to support this claim, he points to the recent and wide-ranging discovery of crystals that either exhibit an extreme concentration of a particular elemental property, or appear to have lost any such properties altogether.

And what might the consequences of such a disruption to elemental balance entail?
    Domitien hypothesizes that the disturbance could give rise to peculiarities among monstrous wildlife, as well as alter the flow of aetheric energy. This last point is especially worrisome, as the “rivers” of aether that run through the land are what make instantaneous travel between aetheryte locations possible. Should the aetheric flow become sufficiently warped, it may well prevent us from using aetherytes altogether.

There have been no reports of “broken” aetherytes to date, and I, for one, certainly hope to hear of none. Domitien, while your ideas are fascinating, you must forgive me for praying that your theory is somehow flawed!

I shall continue to investigate the disturbing influence Dalamud exerts on Eorzea, and pass on any new knowledge that I manage to acquire.

Till next time, may the Twelve watch over us all.

Kipih Jakkya

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What's that? Lore that explains why we'll have to reacquire all of our telepoints in 2.0? Kudos to SE!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Or lore explaining why you can't teleport via aetheryte in 2.0.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Makes sense. Don't care about reacquiring. Hell, I'm still trying to get them all now.

I'm excited for the end. If this goes down on a weekday I am taking the day off of work to be there. The only hard decision is... will I want to stand in Uldah to see its final moments? How will Mina wake up from the destruction? Or shall I stand at the port of Limsa, watching Uldah perish with all the RMT still running leves till the last second. Half joking here.