Thread: Big Kills for Lumoria     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Big Kills for Lumoria

Any idea when you'll get around to adding them?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

there really aren't any besides jailer of love right now. we've killed all of the other NMs there and honestly, none are tough enough to really warrent being added, or at least being added with any real point value associated with them. all of them are around a 3-5 point range with the only exceptions maybe being prudence and justice if you don't know what you're doing.

There harder then LumberJack and Boroka

There are lots of kills harder than LJ and Boroka that aren't on the list, ones that require a reasonably strong team, notably in cap areas.

I nominate Imdugud, who is like Boroka except instead of being a tame bard, is a thief with crazy evasion and triple attack.

Aiatar. Nobody even touches Flamedrakes (o ya let's fight the wyverns 8-10 levels above us, good freaking idea) let alone pulling a NM from amidst a gaggle of them.

Unstable Cluster. A pop fight of Riverne B.

Mahisha, Eba, the Promyvion-Vahzl pop NMs...

There are lots of quality cap-zone fights that aren't listed that I'd rank higher on the difficulty scale than LJ and Cassie and Roc and other prezilart HNMs, all which can be done with 2-4 people.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    there really aren't any besides jailer of love right now. we've killed all of the other NMs there and honestly, none are tough enough to really warrent being added, or at least being added with any real point value associated with them. all of them are around a 3-5 point range with the only exceptions maybe being prudence and justice if you don't know what you're doing.
    I agree they're not all that challenging (especially after doing Jailer of Hope last night, what a joke) but they're going to be added eventually, I was just curious of a timeframe for when.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I nominate Imdugud, who is like Boroka except instead of being a tame bard, is a thief with crazy evasion and triple attack.
    I've duo'd him, do I get a prize? Next to my three hour Shen fight and the first time we did Jailer of Faith, it's the most epic fight I've had in game.

How the hell did you pull that off? Dual nin/thf? That must have taken downright forever.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    How the hell did you pull that off? Dual nin/thf? That must have taken downright forever.
    Ninja and Bard. It did take forever, around 35 minutes, only for him to reward our effort with nothing! It was a tense fight and one that really made me sit up and realize that the "Ninja nerf" a few patches back really isn't as big of a joke as I made it out to be. The hardest thing about him is that he resists debuffs and because one mistake is fatal we had a one word system set up where I requested what I needed (for example "dark" meant "oh shit, he resisted Kurayami, do dark Threnody please and pray it sticks next time") due to not being able to talk. Lullaby was put on the second Choke Breath or Nihility Song was used to buy a few precious seconds but then he resists that occasionally too lol. The worse part of it all is I have no proof we did it due to the idiots fitting my new kitchen cutting the power and destroying all the raw files waiting to be worked in PaintShopPro

Of course, this wouldn't have been possible if it was just some random Bard and not my Bluetonberry 8)

If you equated it with sky, you don't give points for triggers, but you do for the pop Gods. For sea, that would be Hope, Justice, Prudence, and Love. Genbu is on the list, so certainly those Jailers could be.

As for the various new NMs all over the place, its more an exercise of running around killing random shit for stuff worth very little points than doing something challenging.

I can't imagine fighting him for 35 minutes without screwing up. Then again, I'm a monk at heart, and I play my ninja like I'm a monk, expecting to take a few hits.

Took us 3 tries to get him down -- the first 2 we only had 5; for the 3rd we brought in a war/nin too. Third fight was flawless except at the end, I needed a Stun and the BLM was casting freeze instead...
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/391/imdugud5ac.jpg

PS: This is what happens when you fuck up on Imdugud (Hojo:Ni instead of Utsusemi:Ichi)
    http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9232/onehit3ub.jpg