Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Bakuman

God damnit, this deserves its own thread.

If you haven't read this (Wtf are you reading this for?) click here now http://www.mangareader.net/219-15572...chapter-1.html

And this is the current release. http://www.mangareader.net/bakuman/164

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Surprised it took this long for it to get its own thread. Like 80% of the Manga Discussion thread is about Bakuman lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Surprised it took this long for it to get its own thread. Like 80% of the Manga Discussion thread is about Bakuman lol.
    Seriously. This is a welcome topic. Not only is it easier to keep up with Bakuman releases, but it's also easier to see random manga recommendations/links in the other thread.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Manga 164

Spoiler: show
    Damn Niizuma is the best rival. I love the fact that he sees setbacks as an opportunity to get fired up and make better shit. And finally, congratulations to Ashirogi!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

^ Couldn't have said it better myself. Fantastic chapter this week.

Glad to see this finally has its own topic, totally deserves it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Holy shit. I just read 164, and I was definitely gonna make a thread for it. 164 was definitely worth this being here. Now the true war manga between these two and Eiji will begin. Can't wait to see this animated, seriously.

I've been one to spoil manga before, but I hope whoever spoils shit in this thread before release gets ban nuked to hell. Seriously one of the best manga out there right now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Spoilers are actually even worse in a series like Bakuman because unlike battle mangas, the main character can actually lose battles. The only thing we "know" is the main character will likely achieve a good ending by the end, but how they get there is very hard to predict.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

By good ending, you mean a good ending like we got in Death Note? Not that it won't get a good ending, but it doesn't have to be a perfect ending either.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    By good ending, you mean a good ending like we got in Death Note? Not that it won't get a good ending, but it doesn't have to be a perfect ending either.
    Essentially. Knowing that was their previous work means they might not get the ideal ending, but I think considering the tone of the story it'll be a positive one. What happened in Death Note was "justice" and in this one both main characters are pretty solidly "good" individuals. And Mashiro, who I consider the main main character, is good to the point of making himself suffer for his principles, which means it would be a near-tragedy for him to get a bad ending at this point. Overall the story is pretty positive, so I expect about as much from the ending.

Black Belt
    BG Level

What happened in death note was a cop out and you know it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Nah, doubt it'll happen that way. Reversi already pays homage to Death Note anyways, lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm conflicted in my opinion. On one hand, Bakuman is a solid Jump manga and it usually does pretty well in it's weekly polls (if you don't know what weekly polls are... read... uh... read this manga), so there's no reason to believe that this manga should be ending soon based on it's popularity.

But on the other, the big goal/dream/target for Mashiro is to get an anime and have Azuki voice it. And it seems like that's on the verge of happening (unless of course as suggested earlier, new random voiceover girl steals the role). Add to that the thought of comparing Reversi to Bakuman in the sense that Ashirogi plans on finishing it when the plot is done, and not drawing it out longer and longer regardless of whether it's the top manga or not. So in a sense, that could be what the two authors of Bakuman plan on doing as well, not dragging out the story much longer and finishing it on a high.

I mean, no one expects One Piece to go on once Luffy finds One Piece and becomes Pirate King. No one expects Naruto to go on after he saves Sasuke, brings world peace and becomes Hokage. No one expected DBZ to go on once Goku achieved the unthinkable and became the legendary, once in a thousand years, Super Saiyan who also defeated Frieza and thus, avenged his almost entirely wiped out ra.... Okay, ignore that last one.

My point, this manga, as good as it is and as much as I'm enjoying it, could possibly be ending soon =/

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Seriously though, DBZ shoulda ended at the Cell Saga.

I have a feeling Bakuman could end soon as well, "soon" being like another year at most. I'd be perfectly fine with it if it did, as much as I love the story. A slice-of-life manga can only be pushed so far before it uses rehashed material as well. Unless if they want to do some kinda time skip on the story, which is seems to be a from how they've planned it out.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

so is anyone besides me still watching the anime? Normally its really hard for me to enjoy the anime after reading so far into the manga, but im still loving it. Especially seeing Hiramaru, Eiji, and Fukada be animated and voiced keeps me comin back

So far as the ending of it all i would have to agree that i wouldnt mind if it ended sooner than later. Doing a few chapters or even another series in the future would be welcomed, but that would have to be both short and conclusive.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I've always considered Bakuman to be partially autobiographical. Mashiro and Azuki is likely (hopefully?) just an addition to the story, but I think what these guys have learned about themselves and the manga business are coming out through it. Death Note didn't last forever, this won't either. And they'll be back in a year or so with another excellent manga once Bakuman finishes.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been keeping up with the anime every week. Despite knowing what's going to happen, it's still pretty enjoyable. I'm going to take a broad guess and hope that everyone in this thread is caught up in the manga as I'mma lay down some spoil-town hurr:

I'm hoping the second season of the anime ends with PCP having started and with Mashiro being able to show the graph of them being the number 1 manga to his family grave. Seems like the best end point for the anime if they do plan on only doing 26 episodes.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Haven't read this week's so DOING SO NOW.

I Love this manga so much oh god. 164 was just epic. Also scary Eiji at the end was scary!

bakuman 165

urgh.... they're going there... (see Toyosaki Aki)

Here comes the creepy otaku... Everything is going well, and it looks like Azuki has a very good chance of landing the gig. However, that voice actress friend of the assistant posted in a blog saying Mashiro has a girlfriend.

I'm guessing

The otaku is going to uncover Mashiro and Miho's relationship. Her fans revolt, and she is forced to drop her works, change agency etc.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Am I in the wrong thread?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    bakuman 165

urgh.... they're going there... (see Toyosaki Aki)

Here comes the creepy otaku... Everything is going well, and it looks like Azuki has a very good chance of landing the gig. However, that voice actress friend of the assistant posted in a blog saying Mashiro has a girlfriend.

I'm guessing

The otaku is going to uncover Mashiro and Miho's relationship. Her fans revolt, and she is forced to drop her works, change agency etc.

What do you mean going there? Edit.. nevermind, I think I know what you're talking about.

When everyone flipped out because she was dating a guy and shit went down hill?

but yeah.. about the chapter

But of course everything can't be peachy keen.. creepy otaku doing too much work and going to look into Miho being Mashiro's girlfriend.. sigh. Damn assistant bringing her friend. D: But wow at everything that'd cause her to do if that's found out.. and surely that'd make it difficult for them to get her into the anime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast