BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

PFA and LBR Interview with FFXI Community Team

Pet Food Alpha and Limit Break Radio recently had the chance to sit down with some guys from the Community Team and ask a few questions. Obviously with them being the Community Team we're not asking Developer type questions, but some of you might still find it interesting to listen too. Due to the bad equipment we had provided to us on site, the panel audio has some bad background noise, however the interview (towards the end of the audio) is fine.

http://petfoodalpha.com/6202/episode...-podcast-panel

It’s finally here! The audio from the Youmacon 2009 Final Fantasy XI Podcast Panel is now available for your listening pleasure!

Listen in as Fusionx and Aniero discuss the history of Pet Food Alpha and Limit Break Radio. They also talk about their future collaborative effort with Eorzeapedia for the Final Fantasy XIV podcast: Aetheryte Radio.

We also got the chance to sit down with Robert Peeler and the newest member of the FFXI Community Team, Devin Casadey. We help introduce Devin to the community and get the chance to throw a few questions their way.

http://petfoodalpha.com/wp-content/u...eamHEADER1.jpg
    http://petfoodalpha.com/wp-content/u...bertpeeler.jpg
    Robert Peeler

Title: Assistant Online Community Manager

Job Tasks: Head up the planning and coordination of community efforts for online titles.

Goal: Strengthen and grow online communities.

http://petfoodalpha.com/wp-content/u...vincasadey.jpg
    Devin Casadey

Title: Community Planner

Job Tasks: Community relations and project planning

Goal: To enhance the bond of the community team and the player base.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

2hours of nonesense, so much fake laughs

clip out the good parts

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

some crappy sound quality >.> also only came through only one speaker... was rather annoying had to stop after 5 minutes of shit... this could have been done better, sorta disappointed.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Is it bad that I read youmacon as You Mad?

edit: I mean, I started to read it, and I saw.. youmad, w/e at the rest, and went, wat

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Is it bad that I read youmacon as You Mad?
    Never.

>:3

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    some crappy sound quality
    I'm aware, which is why i said something about it in the OP to avoid the "it doesnt sound that great" comments.. shows how well that worked. You can easily skip towards the end and find the talk with the community team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    also only came through only one speaker...
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The audio will be fixed in a few minutes.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Goal: To enhance the bond of the community team and the player base.
    I don't know why, but I got a good chuckle out of this.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bout to have a listen at this.

It's a shame that so much of the community<->devs communication flow is blockaded by translation issues, bureaucratic hold-ups, and most important of all a lack of 1:1 communication between the devs and the community team leaders at the foreign branches.

I think the slow action/reaction to player wants/demands is related more to budget constraints and the inaccessibility of the devs (multitasking FFXIV). SE's major mistake in its online game Q.A. lies at the very foundation of its infrastructure.

Trigun
    Fuse! you get my e-mail? Have S-E comp you guys a trip to get 1 on 1 with the devs in Japan! He can translate! Bring Elmer too!, BUY A FLIP CAM AND RECORD THE TRIP AND MAKE A PFA YOUTUBE CHANNEL RAWR!!!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    Bout to have a listen at this.

It's a shame that so much of the community<->devs communication flow is blockaded by translation issues, bureaucratic hold-ups, and most important of all a lack of 1:1 communication between the devs and the community team leaders at the foreign branches.

I think the slow action/reaction to player wants/demands is related more to budget constraints and the inaccessibility of the devs (multitasking FFXIV). SE's major mistake in its online game Q.A. lies at the very foundation of its infrastructure.
    Give it a listen, translation won't be -as- big of an issue anymore with Devin. There have also been a few interviews with Robert as well where he talked about the same issues that you speak of. They know it is a problem which means they'll do everything they can to better the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    Fuse! you get my e-mail? Have S-E comp you guys a trip to get 1 on 1 with the devs in Japan! He can translate! Bring Elmer too!, BUY A FLIP CAM AND RECORD THE TRIP AND MAKE A PFA YOUTUBE CHANNEL RAWR!!!
    That's extremely unlikely considering we've never had a dev interview at an event we were already at, let alone having SE fork over the money to fly us half way around the world. I'd settle for an e-mail interview if we could get one.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

tl;dl?

Can we get a transcript of this crap?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    tl;dl?

Can we get a transcript of this crap?
    Transcript:

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae
    crap
    You're welcome.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh, Kohan... you're so witty and beautiful.
    Why couldn't you be a Texan? You'd be perfect.

Kohan never fails.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx View Post
    I'd settle for an e-mail interview if we could get one.
    I take it you haven't seen this thread?
    http://bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75366

If you got permission to send in an email interview today, you'd get the answers back circa 2011.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    I take it you haven't seen this thread?
    http://bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75366

If you got permission to send in an email interview today, you'd get the answers back circa 2011.
    We'll i'd also ask more specific questions that would be easier to answer, BRP's first post pretty much said everything I was feeling about the questions.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx View Post
    We'll i'd also ask more specific questions that would be easier to answer, BRP's first post pretty much said everything I was feeling about the questions.
    Those weren't the questions. That was just bercus giving a teaser.

You really think they'd get back to you quickly if you asked the right questions? I guarantee they haven't even looked at bercus' questions yet.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Those weren't the questions. That was just bercus giving a teaser.

You really think they'd get back to you quickly if you asked the right questions? I guarantee they haven't even looked at bercus' questions yet.
    I wouldn't say "quickly" but I would have confidence that we'd get them in a lesser period of time than what it's been for Bercus.

Also if i asked the "right" questions, chances are they wouldn't answer most of them anyway. This would be on top of the slim chance that PFA even gets a Dev interview. So chances of any of this happening are probably a million to one.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

need to do like bert used to and ask the community prior to the interview the questions that we want answered

I don't imagine those people knew shit anyway

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I stopped having anything to do with PFA back when they allowed their writers to post things like "some people might have thought duping salvage drops was a normal, functioning game mechanic.". Then allowing said writer to continue on that tangent without reflecting on and correcting such absurd comments when they were questioned about it, regardless of how ones personal situation was affected by said salvage duping. If they had been willing to correct such false statements then I probably would have stuck with them.

Although I didn't listen to any of this interview, I'm surprised anyone would think some NA "team" will accomplish or change anything related to ffxi, or that they would be able to share any knowledge we don't already know. I'm going to assume it was basically 10-15mins of useless banter and go ahead and not waste my time. Long gone are the days when there was any hope of both sides of the table collaborating and cooperating with the community, and I hold very little hope that anything at all will change in future titles.