Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DBZ: Raging Blast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DBZ: Raging Blast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonb...ai_Tenkaichi_3
    Burst Limit was alright but I couldn't stand the lag online when I rented it but if it's been fixed I'll go right ahead and buy it used. Now we have a new one that's going to change some things...

Players can play through the original events of the Dragon Ball story, but their actions in battle can change the story in many different ways. Over 100 "Battle Frames" can be selected at any time, regardless of chronological order to which they appear in the series. Battle Frames also include "what-if" scenarios that never occurred in the series, and completing all of them will unlock a special ending. The online mode will feature a 16-player "Budokai Tournament", single or team battle mode, and a spectator mode where players can rate the fighters.[11]

Dragon ball Raging Blast Confirmed Characters

Goku (Early) (Base)
    Goku (Mid) (Base, Super Saiyan)
    Goku (End) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan)
    Kid Gohan
    Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
    Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Great Saiyaman)
    Ultimate Gohan
    Goten (Base, Super Saiyan, Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3))
    Piccolo
    Vegeta (Scouter) (Base)
    Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Ascended Super Saiyan)
    Vegeta (End) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan)
    Majin Vegeta
    Krillin
    Tien
    Chiaotzu
    Yamcha
    Frieza (1st Form, 2nd Form, 3rd Form, Final Form, 100% Full Power,)
    Cell (Imperfect, Semi-Perfect, Perfect, Super Perfect)
    Trunks (Sword) (Base, Super Saiyan)
    Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan)
    Kid Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
    Android 16
    Android 17
    Android 18
    Kid Buu
    Super Buu (Base, Gotenks absorbed, Gohan absorbed)
    Fat Buu
    Raditz
    Nappa
    Captain Ginyu
    Jeice
    Burter
    Recoome
    Broly (Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
    http://i26.tinypic.com/1q1ikg.jpg
    http://i26.tinypic.com/3307bfa.jpg
    http://i27.tinypic.com/21dlfte.jpg
    http://i29.tinypic.com/205p72w.jpg
    http://i26.tinypic.com/5wca6w.jpg

HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM

Another fucking DBZ game. They should just take Budokai 3 and give it HD graphics cause that was the only good DBZ game.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

best dbz game was Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu imo. best dbz fighting game however, I can't really say cause I've only played like 5 of them. Hyper Dimension was always awesome back in the day though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ssj3 broly? Seriously? Come the fuck on let this shit go.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If fanboys keep buying them, why would they stop? Trying to milk the entire series for all that its worth.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You know you'll all rent it and beat the story mode.

Don't even lie.

Fucking triple maximum power though, lol

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Last one for the next gen was a big step back, much like many series games that came out right away trying to utilize the next gen though. Hopefully this will be more like part 3 which was by far the greatest.

Sadly the first thing I thought of when I saw the SSJ3 Broly pic is the fact that the numbers are over 9000.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Last one for the next gen was a big step back, much like many series games that came out right away trying to utilize the next gen though. Hopefully this will be more like part 3 which was by far the greatest.

Sadly the first thing I thought of when I saw the SSJ3 Broly pic is the fact that the numbers are over 9000.
    You are right though the first Budokai game was alright until the later ones same for the Tenkaichi games 2 is still the best imo.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'll probably still play it. D: SSJ3 Broly ftw.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some more info
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2vmg29c.jpg
    Statistics

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast game will feature stunning high definition graphics and audio, fully destructible environments, and advanced character features. Characters will now have enhanced features such as facial expressions, to deeper immerse the player in the Dragon Ball universe. The power of the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 will greatly enhance the look and feel of character speed and power, as well as the famous signature moves of the series. Players can now also utilize a new feature called "Super Rising", which allows "more variety in battle stages and lets player explore new areas of the Dragon Ball universe". The game will feature 60 fps (frames per second), both online and off. An environmental "sky change" effect will also be in the game. This will occur when a character of great power apparently powers up
    Pretty cool new stuff
    Story and online play

The story mode of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is called Dragon Battle Collection. Players can play through the original events of the Dragon Ball story, but their actions in battle can change the story in many different ways. Over 100 "Battle Frames" can be selected at any time, regardless of chronological order to which they appear in the series. Battle Frames also include "what-if" scenarios that never occurred in the series, and completing all of them will unlock a special ending. The online mode will feature a 16-player "Budokai Tournament", single or team battle mode, and a spectator mode where players can rate the fighters
    Awesome online play hell yes
    New moves and features

New great combination moves can now be utilized, allowing two characters to launch special attacks. New special attacks such as Super Dashes, Health Drain, Time Stop , Rocket Punch , and Wolf's Fang greatly add to the epic battles. There are also brand new environmental features such as new advanced interactions with the grounds of the battlefield. Enhanced destructible features such as rocks, mountains, and even the ground below are now fully breakable. The ground can now split, shatter, or just be obliterated. Players can now also throw enemies into rocks, causing the opponent to become trapped , defenseless and unable to move to attack.[4]. The capsule system from previous games is also making it's return, allowing players to customize their characters
    fuck yes

The game is not a direct sequel to Tenkaichi 3, but more of a spin-off.
    Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Dragon Ball Wiki - Shonen Jump, Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo

I dislike the Budokai games and like Tenkaichi games more and this is like 2 and 3 which makes me happy.

Release date(s)
    November 2009 (USA)
    November 2009 (JAP)
    Fall - Winter 2009 (EU and AUS)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWYW3mo0PiU

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I swear DBZ is like the Madden of fighting games. Might have to pick this up still.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I swear DBZ is like the Madden of fighting games. Might have to pick this up still.
    How so? One every three years? The last one took a step back but most generally get better unlike Madden.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This game actually looks really awesome. I really like the graphics in it, almost looks identical to the anime. My only problem is Goku's voice in that trailer, but that might be because I've never seen the Japanese version of DBZ and that won't be the voice in the English version anyways. >.>

Been a while since I last played one of these games, my last one might have been Budokai 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Been a while since I last played one of these games, my last one might have been Budokai 3.
    Don't worry, it hasn't changed since the 1st one. It's the same game just with more characters and added visuals.

DBZ is the new Madden/Fifa. I honestly couldn't see the graphical updates, but I'm a DBZ sucker so I'll play it at least once. Maybe even buy if a gaming drought hits.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    How so? One every three years? The last one took a step back but most generally get better unlike Madden.
    Honestly that's subjective. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the DBZ games but there isn't really anything the games can expand on because the story is done and has been done. It's like DBZ has basically been an extreme fantasy MMA game set in a fantasy world that gets updated pretty often.

- The story mode basically follows the story of the anime and is usually the way to earn points to unlock skills to make your char more powerful.(Seasonal Mode)

- Adding "new" characters which is basically adding a char that wasn't in a previous DBZ fighting game.(Roster Update)

- The fighting system for the most part stays the same but a new gimmick is added to make it more exciting and the graphics are always "updated" even though they pretty much look the same. (Slight gameplay changes to the same formula.)

Now I know this applies to most games with sequels but the comment I made was in reference to how often DBZ seems to come out with a new game. Like I said, I enjoy the series so wasn't really knocking it.

At this point, instead of what-if episodes they should just do what-if scenarios. The original story doesn't suffer at all and we get to see something new and more interesting than the same story retold 100 different ways.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Now I'm glad he never went 3 because he looks worse.

Broly gets his own what-if scenario as ssj3 and it looks like vegeta does too.

There are no DB or DBGT characters in this so only Z and the movie characters.
    http://i36.tinypic.com/veuob5.jpg

BG Level

What the fuuuuck?

Still, gonna get this game right away though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looks like fucking Sonic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast