BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tyranny (PC/Steam)

So, this game came out last Tuesday. Anyone else playing? I'm just kind of getting my feet wet. Very interesting premise. The bad guys already won and you're controlling one of the main driving forces behind their victory. You can be a complete asshole without repercussion, really.

If you like top down isometric RPG's like Baldur's Gate or NWN, this is for you. Tons and tons of lore (it can be quite intimidating) and lots of systems to manage. But lots of depth. I've got about 3 hours in, and I have no idea what I'm doing for the most part, but I'm loving it.

Thankfully with all the lore, there is an appendix (and certain terms/phrases) are highlighted, so you can get information as you're playing. Def. recommended if these kinds of games are your thing.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tyranny is drawing my attention but I haven't jumped on it. It looks Diablo'esque though it sounds like it's a deeper RPG experience than Diablo could ever be. Maybe I'll check out some reviews and give it a chance.

*edit* Eh, probably won't happen at $45 though.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nah, it's definitely less Diablo and more D & D like NWN/BG were back in the day. It's steep, but when it goes on sale, def. recommend

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

just grabbed it, loved what Obsidian did with KotOR II and Fallout 4, and this looks like another hit. central hook of working as a Dreddian figure for an expansionist tyranny is the knees of bees, combat system is really good (love the spellcrafting system), and the writing + soundtrack + NPCs are grand. any CRPG fan who enjoyed BG or NWN or Planescape or Divinity owes it to themselves to grab it eventually.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm hoping that's a "Fallout 4 doesn't exist and New Vegas is the real Fallout 4" joke.

BG Level

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Loving the hell out of it. It's way better than Pillars of Eternity. I was weary at first with the lack of classes, traditional leveling and the spellcrafting seemed lame but it all works together so good

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Haven't gotten two deep into yet because so many games are coming out right now, but it feels like a great step forward from the Pillars formula. They trimmed alot of the unnecessary fat and gave a nice tight, focused game.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Almost bought this weekend, but have never played any of the predecessor games and have a feeling it's just too slow for me. Love isometric ARPGs (Diablo series, PoE, Torchlight), but the combat is completely different here; borderline-RTS in its execution. Not a complaint, just Wulfgang's introspective musings.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tyranny is a pure cRPG, so yeah, nothing like Hack n slash games, more like Baldur's Gate and so on.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Bump, just beat this game. Love the recommendation, but hate y'all for it cause the ending is the worst. It literally sets up such an epic climax, annddd end credits. Such sequel baiting, so unforgiving.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Bump, just beat this game. Love the recommendation, but hate y'all for it cause the ending is the worst. It literally sets up such an epic climax, annddd end credits. Such sequel baiting, so unforgiving.
    What pissed me off the most, spoilers if you went Graven Ashe route, which is also the "order" route I think or something
    Spoiler: show
    is how I spent the entire fucking game upholding Kyros' order and laws. Get to the point where it's like "there can only be one" so I become that one through murder and subjugation. And Kyros STILL is trying to beat down my door. There definitely should've been more than one ending.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That's how I feel with any game with choices. The choices never do much, just change how the events happen, but the event will always happen. Mass Effect ruined my expectations for games with choices.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The expansion to this released today. Also had a free patch a bit ago that has a weird new game+ mechanic. It's not a huge expansion but it's something to re-ignite your interest in the game