BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Zero Suit Samus discussion.

Discuss strats w/ her, useful moves, stun tricks/traps. And all that good stuff. Post videos too! I've been picking her up for the past week and i've been liking her a lot. Been trying to find out tho what i can use to do successful strikes w/ her etc. Her edge game isn't the easiest at all either, but i like fooling my opponents w/ her D+B and catching them w/ the priority that attack has. Don't know what else to say, post opinions and all the stuff mentioned above, go!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Zero Suit Samus discussion.

My usual tricks with her include feining with her blaster (not really charging it, just pressing B so the other person thinks I'm gonna charge it up) then running attack.

If it's the start of the fight, I do the running attack, d tilt, f tilt and foward B.
    After they've taken a bit of damage, 30-40% I change it to u tilt and u Bto send them straight down again. If I can before they retaliate, I d smash to stun and either F B or foward smash.

Trick with the up tilt part is to make sure the opponent has enough dmg on the that'll they'll fly high enough into the air because if not they can quickly counter you with their own down air more (Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, etc).

I usually don't bother with her suit pieces in a 1v1, but in 3 or more I toss em around.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

stun gun, tether, dashing attack, grab, or up smash, repeat as necessary until theyre dumb enough to not air dodge your up front or back air.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I play ZSS mainly from midrange. Contrary to what a lot of ppl think due to her fast run/jump speed, her moves have a lot of startup lag. I typically try to zone with the blaster and the Forward B.

Use her side smashes to punish ppl who are spammy with spot dodging but with anything in smash because there are no true combos, don't abuse it. Dash attack into uptilt works alright, but it's avoidable if your opponent knows what he's doing. I typically rarely use dash attacks since I like to use SH aerials on most of my chars. Hyphen smashing also works really well against ppl who spam spot dodging because her up smash is meaty.

You gotta be good with predicting how an opponent will DI and punish with ZSS. Most of her aerials can score you kill shots at high enough percentages.

When juggling (idk what it's called in Smash. Columning or something?), Up + B is also good cuz it can pull someone down unexpectedly. I've gotten a few kills against ppl that way.

Down smash into SH bair is sex. Make space animals players fear the down smash.

EDIT: I just noticed you're NinjaSYXX from gamecombos lol. I remember talking to you about May way back in the day.

I'm not sure how effective this is but if someone is trying to recover and they are high i use my up b to hit them and it has a nice downward force to it.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

What do you guys think about the down-B and B kick? That shit is powerful as all hell but I have trouble landing it

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's pretty good for edge guarding since it's a spike.

It's also a good way to get back onto the stage if you're grabbing the edge. Again, not something you want to use too often because it's a free smash for the opponent if they predict it.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    EDIT: I just noticed you're NinjaSYXX from gamecombos lol. I remember talking to you about May way back in the day.
    Back in May when? lol I haven't been in gamecombos in forever hahaha. How'd you know it was me? and who are you over there in gcc?

edit: btw. anyone have some awesome matches involving ZSS or anything? I have yet to see one that actually makes me go "omgwtf i'm so gonna take advantage of this strat!" and stuff like that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

May the character, not the month. Pirate girl. Big anchor. >.> I recognized the name from your sig.

My name at GCC was the same on here. I was a Dizzy/Sol main, and knew a lot of the Team Serious guys.

Back in the XX era I dabbled with a lot of different characters. I remember posting a bunch of combos in the May forum and you contacted me on AIM. But yeah, I haven't played GG in years.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Look up ikki or myrobotic claw's ZSS on youtube, ikki's has this ridiculous down smash chain and claw stage bounces pretty ridiculously.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    May the character, not the month. Pirate girl. Big anchor. >.> I recognized the name from your sig.

My name at GCC was the same on here. I was a Dizzy/Sol main, and knew a lot of the Team Serious guys.

Back in the XX era I dabbled with a lot of different characters. I remember posting a bunch of combos in the May forum and you contacted me on AIM. But yeah, I haven't played GG in years.
    oooo i remember now hahaha, damn old school times, all i remembered from team serious was KBNova.

Ok anyhoo before this thread derails into guilty gear discussion and old school times lol. Time to check out some videos, thanks Ryko.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So far i'm learning a little w/ Claw's videos, he's pretty damn awesome, and i've noticed he toys around w/ people w/ an instant stun-gun which is great to know one can capitalize with it. Definitely do a lot more striking and build damage and then finish of w/ a nice heavy attack. My edge-guarding game w/ her still lacks horribly, and I need to work on it. Basically, I would end up falling off and air F+A or jump F+A, landing that hit is pretty deadly tho. Besides that if I see my opponent jumping very high i'd just kill w/ the U+B whip since it brings them down pretty damn fast.