+ Reply to Thread
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Takedown: Red Sabre - Tactical FPS (PC, Xbox360)

Iv been following this game for over a year. I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign but it was one of the early adopters of KS before it became so big. Really hoping this brings back some life to the old R6 / SWAT community as iv really missed the intensity these games can bring to online competitive clan matches.

Anyways copied the compiled post from their forum below with pretty much everything you need to know about it.

TAKEDOWN is a thinking-person’s shooter. The player that takes things slow, aims carefully, and plans their moves right will overcome the player who runs in with guns blazing. Close-quarters battle brings the fight inside, as you would see SWAT teams or SOF units taking down small numbers of dangerous adversaries. Non-linear environments allow for multiple routes and tactics and add replayability.

In recent years, shooters have become homogenized. There used to be a wide range of different games to choose, from run-and-gun action titles to slow-paced tactical shooters focusing on strategy and tactics, but now most shooters follow the same model of big set pieces, regenerating health, linear levels, and “cinematic experiences.” The realistic tactical shooters with in-depth planning have almost entirely disappeared in recent years.

This game focuses on realistic weapons modeling, squad based play, in a close-quarters battle setting. To succeed in this game you need to take things slow, study your environment, and execute flawlessly. If you get shot, there are consequences. You won’t be hiding behind a wall waiting for your health to regenerate. If a team member goes down, you will have to assess the situation and reallocate team members if necessary to complete the mission. Don’t expect all of the tools and plans to be forced fed to you – it is up to the player to ensure their team is equipped and ready for the tasks at hand. With features such as realistic bullet penetration, accuracy, and recoil, choosing the proper weapons, ammunition, armor, and gear for the mission is up to you, so choose carefully.

Gameplay modes include single player, co-op, and competitive multiplayer. If you are a fan of old school shooters where thinking meant more than running and gunning or perks, or if you are just looking for something different in your shooter games experience, this is the game for you.

DEVELOPER - Serellan LLC
    PUBLISHER - 505 Games
    PLATFORMS - PC (Steam Only) & Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade)
    PRICE - $14.99 (Steam 4 Pack Avail for $44.99)
    RELEASE DATE - Friday, September 20th, 2013 - PC. TBD for Xbox 369 (failed certification on 9/18)
    PLAYERS - Offline 1 (No Split-Screen) Online 2-12 (6 Co-op, 6 v 6 Adversarial)
    GENRE - Tactical Military FPS
    RATING - ESRB:M
    LANGUAGES - Full audio support for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
    MINIMUM SPECS
    • PROCESSOR: 2GHz or better CPU
    • MEMORY: 2 GB RAM
    • GRAPHICS: A graphics card with Shader Model 3.0 support
    • DIRECTX: Version 9.0
    • NETWORK: Broadband Internet connection
    • HARD DRIVE: 3 GB available space
    • RECOMMENDED SPECS
      • PROCESSOR: Intel Core2Extreme Quad Core Processor - Q6800 - 2.93 GHz
      • MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
      • GRAPHICS: nVidia GeForce 8800 (768 MB GDDR3)
      • DIRECTX: Version 9.0
      • NETWORK: Broadband Internet connection
      • HARD DRIVE: 3 GB available space

PRE-ORDER BONUS
      Pre-Order on Steam to receive an additional Killhouse Tango Hunt Co-op mode map at launch

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/preorder.jpg

LETHAL GAMEPLAY
      • No regenerating health, no health packs and no respawns in any game mode.
      • One well placed shot is enough to kill
      • Enemy A.I. are deadly, capable of coordinating attacks in groups and using flanking maneuvers
      • Repercussions for getting shot in the arm are that your weapon accuracy will be negatively impacted. The penalty for a leg wound is that you will no longer be able to sprint.

NON-LINEAR ENVIRONMENTS
      • Maps are huge, open and very non-linear with multiple routes to any location.
      • Choose from multiple insertion points at the beginning of each SP/Co-op game mode allowing for different tactical approaches.
      • In Co-op, you have the option to split your team into 2 squads and have each squad start at a different insertion point which provides an added amount of depth to planning and executing a mission.
      • Freedom to complete objectives in the "Mission" game mode in any order.

REALISTIC WEAPON HANDLING
      • Each weapon has realistic recoil and scope sway.
      • Weapon reloads are handled realistically using your available magazines rather than a "pool" of your available individual bullets left.
      • Close quarters weapon collision has been implemented. As you approach a wall your weapon will be forced down appropriately depending on it's length and your distance to the wall. This gives the advantage to smaller weapons like SMGs and Pistols in tight spaces compared to Sniper Rifles or larger Assault Rifles.
      • Lean/Peek controls are available so you can peek around corners
      • No 3rd person perspective "sticky" cover system
      • No auto-aim
      • Available weapons include 16 Primary (4 SMGs, 2 PDWs, 7 ARs, 2 Sniper Rifles, & 1 Shotgun), 4 Secondary (Pistols), 2 Grenade Types (Frag & Flash) and Breaching Charges for doors.

RANDOMIZATION / REPLAYABILITY
      • In SP/Co-op, each enemy's starting position, type of body armor and weapon is randomized at the beginning of the match.
      • All enemies are present at the beginning of each match and do not appear out of thin air from triggered events or monster closets.
      • In the SP/Co-op "Mission" game mode, most of the objectives are found in one of several random locations each time you play the game.
      • In the SP/Co-op "Bomb Disarm" game mode, the placement of the bomb(s) that your team needs to locate and disarm is randomized to one of several locations each time you play.

BULLET PENETRATION SYSTEM
      • Each surface has a penetration value that takes into account it's material type and thickness allowing you to shoot through certain surfaces like thin walls, doors, and corners depending on which ammo type is used.
      • The bullet penetration system also applies realistically to body armor where certain low caliber ammo types are less effective against medium or heavy protection.
      • Each weapon has several ammo types available to choose from. Some examples of these include: Full Metal Jacket, Jacketed Hollow Point, Armor Piercing and Subsonic Rounds .

MINIMAL HUD
      • The HUD takes up a small amount of real estate on the screen and only includes a small icon that displays both your body's health state and whether you are standing/crouching, your ammo counter and the time remaining in the match.
      • No "hit markers" or "kill notifications" are displayed
      • No center dot/reticule, ensuring "hip-fire" cannot be extremely accurate at long distances
      • The HUD does not display any objective markers at all, you will need to find them yourself
      • No radar or mini-map

NO GRINDING FOR UNLOCKS NECESSARY
      • All weapons and attachments are unlocked and available for use in all game modes from the start.
      • The game does not include unlockable weapons, attachments or upgrades of any kind to ensure a level playing field in Adversarial game modes.
      • Adversarial game modes do not include any kind of artificial systems such as killstreaks, perks or field upgrades

MOD SUPPORT (STEAM ONLY)
      • Steam version will have an additional download that includes the KIllhouse Level & Modder's Pack tools
      • All Killhouse Map objects are modular allowing you to snap them together to create you own custom Adversarial maps
      • TAKEDOWN uses Unreal Engine 3 and UDK (Unreal Development Kit) is also supported
      • Additional Mod tools & support will be available post-release (Steam Workshop support TBD)

SINGLEPLAYER / CO-OP
      GENERAL INFO
      • Singleplayer can be played with up to 3 friendly A.I. squadmates. If you die, the game will allow you to use one of the living A.I. players.
      • Singleplayer teammate A.I. can be given commands to "Hold or "Fall In/Regroup"
      • In Singleplayer you can toggle Rules of Engagement to either "Aggressive" (A.I. will fire whenever they see an enemy) or "Defensive" (A.I. will only fire if enemy fires at them or the squad)
      • Co-op can be played with up to 6 players. If you play with less than 6 players you cannot substitute A.I, squadmates in their place in any game modes.
      • 6 huge "Core" Maps
      • Server browser available on PC version
      • Matchmaking available on Xbox 360 version

GAME MODES
      1. MISSION
      • Complete scenario-based missions that include multiple primary and secondary objectives
      • To complete a mission you will also need to exfil to a designated extraction point once all primary objectives are completed

2. TANGO HUNT
      • Kill all A.I. enemies
      • Enemy placements and their weapons and body armor are highly randomized
      • Adjustable enemy density/count

3. BOMB DISARM
      • Locate and disarm the bomb(s) which is in one of several randomized locations everytime you play
      • Enemy placements and their weapons and body armor are highly randomized
      • Adjustable enemy density/count
      • Adjustable number of bombs that you need to disarm

LEVELS
      • HQ
      • Cargo Ship
      • Radar
      • Facility
      • Biolab
      • Killhouse

WEAPONS / ATTACHMENTS
      • Assault (CQBR’s, M4’s, AK’s, SA 47t)
      • SMG’s (M5’s, CQBP’s, )
      • Shot gun (SA-12)
      • Sniper Rifles (LRC, SASS)
      • Pistols (1911’s, M96’s)
      • Armor (Light, Medium, Heavy)
      • Optics (Holo Sight, Combat Optics, ACOG, Night Vision)
      • Ammo (FMJ, AP, JHP)
      • Suppressors
      • Frag Grenades
      • Flashbangs
      • Breaching Charges

ADVERSARIAL
    GENERAL INFO
    • Adversarial game modes are playable in up to 6 v 6
    • The 6 large "Core" Maps are playable in Adversarial along with 2 versions of the KIllhouse training map. Each of the 6 "Core" maps also has at least 3 smaller variants for a grand total of at least 26 total adversarial maps available at launch.
    • Initial spawn locations are randomized
    • No respawns in any game mode
    • Teams are Red Sabre (Black Camo) vs Tangos (Urban Camo)
    • Spectator Mode available on PC. 4 extra players in additional to the 6v6 can spectate a match.
    • Server browser available on PC version
    • Matchmaking available on Xbox 360 version

GAME MODES
    1. ATTACK & DEFEND
    • Attacking team must find and defuse a bomb that is located in a neutral position and can only win the round by defusing the bomb.
    • Defending team must preventing the attackers from disarming the bomb and can win by either killing all of the attackers or preventing them from defusing the bomb by the end of the round's time.
    • Host can choose from various placements for the bomb before each set of rounds
    • Default round length is 5 minutes which forces the Attackers into action (customizable)
    • Default win condition is first team to 6 wins (customizable)

2. TEAM DEATHMATCH
    • Kill all members of the opposing team
    • No respawns

3. SOLO LAST MAN STANDING
    • No teams, free-for-all
    • Kill all enemies, last person alive wins

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...hqstacksml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...down/uisml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...own/outsml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/stepssml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...own/flysml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...own/facsml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...wn/doorsml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...own/elesml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...down/insml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...own/labsml.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/radarsml.jpg

OFFICIAL / KICKSTARTER VIDEOS
    Kickstarter Pitch Video
    Kickstarter Exclusive 1st Gameplay Footage - E3 2013
    Pre-Alpha BioLab Briefing Video
    Steam Official Pre-Order Trailer

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS
    Eurogamer - Let's Play Video
    TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit Thoughts on TAKEDOWN
    Kotaku - Watch Us Play Video
    <<link removed due to copyright problems>>
    GameTrailers - Facility Map First Look
    RedditGames Developer Commentary - E3 2013
    Coin-Op.TV - Gameplay Footage - E3 2013

GAME FEATURE DEMOS
    Bullet Penetration System
    Weapon Loadouts & Handling
    Move, Shoot, Frag & Breach

INTERVIEWS
    Co-Optimus Interview - E3 2013
    IndiePewPew Interview - QuakeCon 2013
    DanHibikiFan Interview - Community Event August 2013

MAP FLYTHROUGHS
    Radar Station
    KIllhouse Bases

Official Site
    Kickstarter Page
    Official Forums
    Steam Page
    Xbox.com Page (Overview includes incorrect info on player count)
    Facebook Page

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Stay away from this for now guys. Hugely dissapointing launch game seems half finished. did not expect this at all!