Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Tragic FFXI Love Story (Siren)

Now. I hear all this sh*t about how siren is the worst server for drama.
    This story is completly true, and I'll honestly remember it and her for the rest of my life.

This is quite a long story, but it's probably the most interesting of the stories in all the servers in FFXI.

Back in 2004, there was a character named Sariah and anoter named Zelda.

Apparently they were in love, now I watched all this go down in the Eien Linkshell. It was called something after Hyrule, but I forget the name.

I don't know if this is a legendary story or not, but it really should be.

See, these two people really liked eachother. Enough to get married online, and proposed in RL.

Sariah had a very serious illness, and had her throwing up in her sleep. That's a very bad thing, because when you throw up in your sleep, you cannot stop yourself from drowning in your own vomit if you're lying on your back.

Now. The next few weeks after the wedding in the game, Sariah's illness continued to get worse and worse, and tensions in the LS started to get worse as well. Everyone was at eachother's throats, which probably gave Hyrule/Eien a bad drama reputation, but all the older members (including myself) were very tight knit.

With Zelda and Sariah's relationship growing, and Sariah's illness getting worse, Zelda was almost always depressed.

A few weeks go by and no one hearsfrom sariah. So we all think the worst, and assume she's died. Zelda tends to think otherwise. He's convinced that's she's either staying offline because of her illness or she's hospitalized.

Zelda was right, however. The day we found out she was in he hospital those two weeks, was also the day that we found out she has died.

I honestly can't remember the specifics of her death, but we did find out she died, from her sister, who Sariah asked to log on for her and tell everyone she was fine. But she was not. When Sariah's sister logged on to say hi to everyone, Sariah was still fine, but later on that night, Zelda came on the game and made a lsmes telling everyone that Zelda had died. I found out before he made the lsmes when he talked to me about it and how Sariah's sister called his house telling him the bad news. He told me he was miserable and he blamed himself for her death, I told him that it is never anyone's fault that someone dies and he should never, ever blame himself for that unfortunate event. After that, Zelda made the lsmes and logged off without saying goodbye.

The lsmes:
    "Sariah has died tonight. May she rest in peace."

To be honest, I was scared that he was going to kill himself. He seemed so down. I waited to see if he logged back in, and asked someone who had just logged on to IM me on AIM when Zelda logged back on. He got got back on, and thankfully did not kill himself.

But anyways.

Everyone freaked out, and created a lot more drama than there needed to be. We were all to Sariah. She was a great, and kind person. Her favorite ice cream was Rocky Road, and that night, everyone in the linkshell went out and got themselves a nice gallon of it in memory of her. In her favorite area, (something) Sanctuary those of us who were close to her would go there and sit and talk about things, and ended up being a place for the old members of Hyrule and Eien to sit and talk about personal things.

Zelda tried to be optimistic, but he eventually ended up breaking down every so often the continuing weeks. The next few months were pretty bad, too. The Linkshells was breaking up because Zelda (the owner) was quitting to play WoW. I don't blame him. I'm sure playing FFXI was pretty hard, considering you were engaged to someone who you met playing this game. The next few weeks after the linkshell was diminishing, since everyone left, and broke contact with me, I decided to quit and focus on RL things like getting a job and getting my own place. Which I did do, and I'm pretty well off now. (Go me)

Zelda ended up cutting off all contact with everyone I knew, and I cut off from them, because of personal reasons, and no internet in the new apartment.

No one really knows what happened to Zelda after he went to play WoW. To him, at the time, WoW must have been a savior, it's sort of a mix between EQ and FFXI, but not as good. Maybe he quit MMOs all together, trying not to remember Sariah. Perhaps he came back to FFXI, who knows. But the legend will stay, and live forever.

Well, if this isn't a legandary story, I don't know what is. But, if it already is, there's a nice first hand look at the story.

My name was Donniedarko in the linkshell, but my name is Modern now, because my account expired later on.

So feel free to give me a /tell if you know the sotry or was there when it happened, because I'd like to get back in touch with the people I knew then.

Thanks,

Modern (Donniedarko)

With a little more research into Zelda, I found out that he gave his account to someone in the siren server, and I'm keeping in touch with this owner and trying to get a little attention back to Eien Linkshell, if they still have it.

I'm asking the owner to go on monthly and with my word, give certain people, especially old members pearlsacks.

Hopefully this will resurrect the old linkshell that everyone seemed to love so much. ^_^

Re: A Tragic FFXI Love Story (Siren)

tl;dr

Can I hear an IBTL, amen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    IBTL?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Modern
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    IBTL?
    International Battle Toads League

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

STOP FUCKING POSTING OUR LINK ON ALLA PEOPLE, GOD DAMNIT.

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    STOP FUCKING POSTING OUR LINK ON ALLA PEOPLE, GOD DAMNIT.

Or you could just calm the fuck down.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Was she hot?

I don't see this ending well.

Quote Originally Posted by Asy
    Was she hot?
    Yes to my understanding. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bxbaby
    I don't see this ending well.
    It's cool. I expected it.

I couldn't stand Zelda with her annoying 20 line shout macros in Lower Jeuno. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinto
    I couldn't stand Zelda with her annoying 20 line shout macros in Lower Jeuno. Bye.
    Haha, was this true?

Summary:

Geek meets another geek online.
    They cyber.
    They decide to get married.
    The online geek has a horrible illness and dies.
    The first geek is too sad to play ffxi anymore so plays wow instead.
    OP thinks that wow isn't as good as FFXI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

did a house fall on Sariah? ;_____;

Haha, was this true?
    Yes, it was like a big picture of Zelda or something...quite annoying after the 20th time seeing it. Plus if I remember, Zelda was a SH PLD...which I didn't like too well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Codernaut
    Summary:

Geek meets another geek online.
    They cyber.
    They decide to get married.
    The online geek has a horrible illness and dies.
    The first geek is too sad to play ffxi anymore so plays wow instead.
    OP thinks that wow isn't as good as FFXI.
    That's the summary.

Haha, was this true?
    Yes, it was like a big picture of Zelda or something...quite annoying after the 20th time seeing it.
    He really wasn't a hardcore fan of the zelda games. I doubt he'd do that. In siren, correct?

With that edit, it sounds like him.

But, I don't remember anything like that. Whatever, he's gone and i took his old prosperous linkshell.

Any joiners?

Haha, was this true?
    Yes, it was like a big picture of Zelda or something...quite annoying after the 20th time seeing it.
    He really wasn't a hardcore fan of the zelda games. I doubt he'd do that. In siren, correct?
    yap.

Banned.

BG Level

where's the ninja lotted m.hands and the QMed joyeuses?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast