Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Opinions

Okay, ive been 100 woodworking for just over a year now, Yet im just as poor as i was before.

I mean i have hqed random stuff for myself and others but there is no synths out there that allow me to make a constant amount of gil week in week out (beeds 800k Hq staves 2mil Nq staves 100k at the most)

It just seems like every set of synths i do, i walk away losing tons of gil
    or just breaking even and ive had enough.

Ive been toying with the idea of delving my wood and lving up either clothcraft or gold (the two unbroken crafts on titan) both my gold and cloth at currently at 60 with both sets of +1 specs

Would i be mad? am i wrong for wanting to make gil? im really confused as to what i should do right now.

Oh and yes i could just do it on a mule but that would involve taking everything to 60 again and it would be cheeper to write off 60>100 wood than to lv all subs to 60 again.

Advice please before i go do somthing i might regret

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If there is really that much money to be made in the other crafts yes, but I would research it quite a bit because on most servers every craft has problems.

If you can't find stuff to make for money @ 100 wood, I recommend not taking up a craft like cloth or gold. Either choose an easier craft (alchemy, cooking), or find a new profession (choco dig, fish, farm, camp). I assure you there are money-making crafts in Wood, and that you are either overlooking them or dismissing them due to overoptimistic expectations.

And, do it on a mule anyway. The primary subs for the 2 crafts you mention cost only a fraction of the amount it takes to go 60->90+. You're talking about throwing away a maxed WW toon for a ~1% reduction in overall costs in levelling your new craft. That's stupid.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you ever try HQ'ing just small stuff? I mean i dont do woodworking, i'm leathercraft; but even when alot of the high dollar items are taxed out on the ah (to many) try making small stuff for hq's. Only about 200k-ish profit a day but it adds up and maybe only 10 synths if that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Shihei for example, especially if there is a time when no one is first so toolbags can't be made, if you have some of those hoarded up you make insane profits.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah like what i do is whore the lvl 15 Kingdom gear, 10k for matrials, 50% or so HQ rate, sells for 50-70k quite fast.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Aye just repeating what they said, but don't stick to like 5 big ticket synths and only do those. You need to diversify your crafting range, and cover as much ground as possible.

Just like stocks. Use the full spectrum. Diversify. Key.

EDIT: Oh and to answer your question, yeah I think delvling wood from 100 would be insano. Lvl another on your mules if u like, subs can be done in 2 days if u wanted to.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I dont know ;/

I know bundled nin tools/bolts/arrows is good gil (at times) but when i took wood up to 100 i didnt really plan on standing about jeuno all day to make 300k, hell i could go farm spiders for webs and KS and make more.

Atm the only thing i seems to have luck on is lightning bow+1 and thats 80k wisker/60k kaman/350k light+1
    So still thats kinda sucky, the low level bows/xbows have totaly droped in price too there is like nothing good in this craft to make gil on titan ;/

Then i look at things such as subliger desynth sure its risky but hey you can make a lot on other synths to, unlike wood...

Since i hit 100 ive leveled cooking on a mule to 100 (i dont know maybe its just the addicted crafter in me wanting to do more and get back to the grind)

I dont know, all i do know is wood isnt worth shit >

Quote Originally Posted by Raineh
    Then i look at things such as subliger desynth sure its risky but hey you can make a lot on other synths to, unlike wood...
    Actually you'd be surprised, there isn't a lot of profit.

Look at something like Blessed mitts, and from the outside it looks awesome, 1.6m for a gala cloth and sells for 1.8m, 200k profit in 20 seconds synthing!

Except that there's 100k in extra materials. And then the auction fee. And you smash it every so often and lose all your money. And it still takes a full day to sell.

I'm not saying it's any worse than wood, just that "the grass is always greener on the other side"...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yeah I can understand where you're coming from, when I lvld bone up i thought I'd be in the hundreds of millions. But meh I still do black pearl synths and can make an easy 1m a day just doing that.

Either way, as long as I make enough to fuel my XP drive, and to get the things I want, doesn't matter to me how much total gil i got 8)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Delevelling 100-60 would be retarded. Learn your craft. Spend some time at the ah comparing the prices of materials to those of easily HQable things or things you'd sell to other crafters still skilling up. Wood isn't one of those 50M profit on one synth crafts.

Is any craft?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

WW isn't one of those 50m profit crafts, but thing is its also a waiting game... Some crafts if you make small HQ items they manage to sell off fast... Woodworking has one of those and thats staves... Having to relist HQ ebony harps is crap, and HQing most other instruments is the same... They don't sell overnight... and your daily gil comsumption has to be less than your daily profit for things to seem in place...

RNG nerf makes it hard to sell HQ bows RNGs would normally use...

I'm 100WW too, and I can't afford to try and HQ staves let alone Shura.

But just hang in there Raineh, I'm just as broke as you are, hopefully something will happen to make us rich XD

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I wouldn't delevel WW for all the reasons that these people have already said... but additionally, I wouldn't delevel it because expansion is coming out soon.

Who knows what new desirable items might fall on the side of the WW to synth? Not to mention new consumables for Matons and perhaps new bolts & arrows.

I wouldn't recommend deleveling at all, but if you are planning it at least wait until the new batch of recipes come out before hanging it up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Tier 0 synths are what have made me almost all of my gil in Bonecraft, Woodworking(just a Rosenbogen+1) and Clothcraft. Well, and Scorpion Harness..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The problem with t0 synths is capital. It's hard to do enough of them and bust out a HQ unless you've got a bankroll when you start doing it, and gotta start somewhere to get to that point.

The secret is: stop looking for 1m++ per-synth-profit items. They are illusions.

Among my 5 vet crafters I can easily and reliably earn 500k+ a night doing various small-profit crafts. And that's what I typically do: I log on, I find several small things to make, I turn 200k into 500k, list, go do stuff, list more once they sell, etc.

And I have profit items that work like this in *all 5* of my crafts, though I typically only use 2, because I don't have time to crank on all 5 crafts in a night.

Even t0 hqs, though they look like awesome money, suck quite a bit.

1) They're very VERY flakey; you can easily go 0 for 100 and then you feel like you're throwing your money in a pit. I know a guy who blew 20m+ trying to make yasha hakama +1, then gave up and bought a pair that someone else popped out at random. I know another guy that is currently 0/98 on signing his own Mahatma Hpl. And then there is poor Ulmo who went 1/150 on Penance Robe.

2) They often suck to sell. And I do mean *suck*. They almost never sell for what they are statistically "worth". For example, the math behind weskit: 1 genie weskit per 66 synths (1.5% hq rate), 15% break rate, that's 10 broken talons and 1 used talon per genie. On my server it's 6m a talon, and the NQ sells for breakeven or so. So the true cost to make G.Weskit is 70~m, and the last one I know of sold for 80m. "Oh wow 10m profit!"...except that you have to move 55 NQ weskits *and* manage to sell your HQ for that 10m profit. And that's a shitload of risk to take, when you could have made 500k-1000k a night with that money otherwise, and in 10-20 days shown the same profit.

As it is, even across 5 crafts, I see very little reason to even try to t0 hq anything unless I want it or know a rich friend who wants it and is willing to pay for the results.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

T0 Synths are like the lotto, a chance to make a lot of money fast, but is a gamble, that can be come addicting(in a sense), and usually end up blowing a lot of money that could be used elsewhere. Blowing money on a 1% chance to HQ? Nah, I'll pass.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I totally agree with the posts about making lots of gil on the high priced HQ's, the chances are rare, and unless you have a lot of gil to blow it really is not a reliable source to a get rich quick thing.

For the longest time, since I started playing, I always wondered why people crafted, when the ingredients to make the items were the same price as the item itself.

Currently I am only level 91 cooking, and the only reason I decided to start this was I found that the food I was using, consisted of items I could easily obtain through, gardening or fishing. So it is more of a useful tool for me personally than to make gil. Also cooking seems to be the cheapest of all the crafts, so it works good for me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well, the key to most of my t0 success has been having 1-2 selling at a time. Every time it sells, you buy a new material and go again. Remora's a gold mine for t0 synths, though, since there are some crazy people who actually do pay about double the cost it takes to make on average. That leaves a window of about 160 synths to make the HQ, before you start to go in the hole. I admit, though, they do suck to sell. I'm still holding onto my second Weskit.

Also, there are certain tier 0 synths where the profit cancels out the loss from breaking, such as what NQ weskit was 2 weeks ago. It was about 15% profit to make, including AH fee. Combine that with 15% break rate, you break even. HQ is just topping on the cookie.

Of course, it's situational per server and craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Skan
    I totally agree with the posts about making lots of gil on the high priced HQ's, the chances are rare, and unless you have a lot of gil to blow it really is not a reliable source to a get rich quick thing.
    The point is that, even if you have a lot of gil to blow, it's not a reliable source to get rich, and it certainly isn't quick.

Making 500-1000k every night from crafting, as a supplement to your normal income from camping, farming, BCNMing, etc, is a far better way to get rich.