Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

New Currency

Ok so I've read that the Yagit gear and others are purchasable with points gained through Assault...

However how does this differ from the new town currency? I have a mythril piece and have no idea if that's valuable of it's like a penny or what.... nor do I see where it can be traded for anything.

Forgive the new thread but currently I'm stuck in the Berfal Thickets > Port zoneline with constant DC's, with 351 GM Calls ahead of my mule trying to call me in.

As of now the only use of the Imperial currency I have seen is for Mog Lockers. You can extend the lease of your Mog Locker for 7 Earth days with a single bronze piece. You can increase the maximum size of your Mog locker from 30 to 40 with 4 mythril pieces.

The Assault points are just that. They are not currency. Think of the assault points like CP, which can be traded in for some pretty slick gear.

Also I remember reading that if you forget to renew your mog locker lease, all the items in it will be unaccessable, and will cost 1 bronze piece to reopen the mog locker. But besides mog lockers havn't seen any other uses yet.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsamurai
    Also I remember reading that if you forget to renew your mog locker lease, all the items in it will be unaccessable, and will cost 1 bronze piece to reopen the mog locker. But besides mog lockers havn't seen any other uses yet.
    I think another thread on here said mission 3 requires one bronze piece.

There's really 3 types of meters with the new expansion.

Imperial Standing (IS)
    - Gained by Exping with Sanction and some Missions (mission 2 gives you 150 IS)
    - Convertable to Imperial Currency in town; 20->1 bronze 100->1 silver 200->1 mythril 1000->1 gold
    - Used to buy certain maps and items, like CP
    - Used to "sponsor" an assault group (50 IS for the initial Assaults)
    - Used to buy a portal pass; 200 IS for a single use pass to use the runic portal to any staging point you've activated.

Assault Points (AP)
    - Gained by participating in Assault
    - Used to buy certain items from the Commissions office; not all of these are rare/ex, so you can farm them to sell!

Imperial Currency
    - Gained from certain TAU quests
    - Purchasable using Imperial Currency
    - Used to lease/expand mog lockers
    - Used to purchase Advanced Synth Support
    - Used in certain TAU quests
    - No other known use at this time
    - Unknown whether you can convert currency back into to IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonsamurai
    I think another thread on here said mission 3 requires one bronze piece.
    I just finished finding the Imortal the other night so..=P. Hopefully get most or some of the missions done tonight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: New Currency

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Forgive the new thread but currently I'm stuck in the Berfal Thickets > Port zoneline with constant DC's, with 351 GM Calls ahead of my mule trying to call me in.
    That crap keeps happening to me too. Last few times I zoned into Al Zahbi I would get the "downloading data" black screen for a few minutes, then d/c with POL 3001 or something like that.

Every time I log back in after getting d/c'd things work alright, but it's still annoying.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: New Currency

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    That crap keeps happening to me too. Last few times I zoned into Al Zahbi I would get the "downloading data" black screen for a few minutes, then d/c with POL 3001 or something like that.

Every time I log back in after getting d/c'd things work alright, but it's still annoying.
    It happened to me on the zoneline coming off the ship, but just logging back in fixed it. Now I've tried to login 10 times and i never leave the downloading data screen.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

These is also an NPC that wants you to sign a peition and donate bronze peise in Al Zhabi on the south side of the fountain. Maby a repetable fame quest?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Nayoz
    These is also an NPC that wants you to sign a peition and donate bronze peise in Al Zhabi on the south side of the fountain. Maby a repetable fame quest?
    That wasnt an NPC, that was me ^_^

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    That wasnt an NPC, that was me ^_^
    lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm told you use the currency to buy some other things in the town too, like you can get new frames for Automatons or something that way, but haven't checked it out yet, lousy exam <.<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Using the wierdo Teleport thingymajigger to go to town from a staging point doesn't cost Imperial Standing does it? Only going to a staging point from teleporter?

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    There's really 3 types of meters with the new expansion.

Imperial Standing (IS)
    - Gained by Exping with Sanction and some Missions (mission 2 gives you 150 IS)
    - Convertable to Imperial Currency in town; 20->1 bronze 100->1 silver 200->1 mythril 1000->1 gold
    - Used to buy certain maps and items, like CP
    - Used to "sponsor" an assault group (50 IS for the initial Assaults)
    - Used to buy a portal pass; 200 IS for a single use pass to use the runic portal to any staging point you've activated.

Assault Points (AP)
    - Gained by participating in Assault
    - Used to buy certain items from the Commissions office; not all of these are rare/ex, so you can farm them to sell!

Imperial Currency
    - Gained from certain TAU quests
    - Purchasable using Imperial Currency
    - Used to lease/expand mog lockers
    - Used to purchase Advanced Synth Support
    - Used in certain TAU quests
    - No other known use at this time
    - Unknown whether you can convert currency back into to IS.

Where do we trade to get Imperial Currency and where do we get Sanction? Thanks.

Old Merits
    BG Level

After you've completed the supply delivery Mission and get a rank of Private Second Class the gate guards won't ignore you anymore and they work just like the gate guards in the other countries.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

AFAIK:
    There are 5 or 6? Different people you can go to for assault.
    Each person in the commission area represents ONE ZONE.
    Each ZONE will have it's OWN set of assault points and it's OWN set of gear you can buy with the points you accumulate.
    In otherwords, you can get 20,000 assault points for one staging area / assault zone but have ZERO assault points in a different area.
    Each area has their own gear you can buy with points.
    AND, you do the same assault mission you get less assault points.
    First win: 600, second win on same mission: 400, etc
    If you lose: 100.
    If you sponsor and Win you get +10% ie. 660 assault points.
    Hope this helps.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

During Besieged you can trade him currency to increase the Imperial Defense. I am unsure what it does when not in the middle of an attack. It is not a quest though, it does not show up in log.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can't seem to find the NPC that gives you Imperial Currency for Imperial Standing points. I know the gate guards give you items and maps for IS points, but Imperial Currency isn't among the list of items available. Any ideas?

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

You can continually extend your Mog Locker lease by continuing to trade bronze coins to the NPC one at a time. I was able to trade 4 coins total to extend it to 2006/5/20 5:25:56. I ran out of coins at this point, but I imagine you can keep extending indefinitely. Coins must be traded one at a time, I tried 2 at once and he only took one of them from me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know there's an NPC that will change larger coins into smaller ones-
    But has anyone found an NPC that changes smaller coins into larger ones? >.>