+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Party Management     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Party Management

Is it possible to change the order of people in the party menu? I kind of find it stupid that if my main healer and the backup healer have the same gambit the priority ends up getting put on who is closer to the top slot (Vaan) in my party. That is just freakin stupid. I also don't want to change teh percent on the gambit, which I think I might end up having to do.

So does anyone know if it's possible to reorder characters so that priority can fall on the person you want it to fall on? Also, it's stupid how party leader defaults priority on everything. It's frustrating setting up gambits for Vaan because he will just try to do everything himself because he's top priority.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I don't think there's a way to change the order of characters in the priority, but Im not even sure if i fully understand. You mean like there's a priority for gambits for characters that falls under the order the characters are in? If so, there should be a way to change the order in the menu, but I never really saw one.

Sets Vaan's threshold a lot lower.

The only time he needs to be curing is when others are out of mp, his offensive abilities are superior to everyone else by a long shot so having him cure during battle is pretty damn inefficient besides a touch up curaja once in awhile.

You can use this priority to your advantage too.

When exping and screwing around I put a Cura in his gambit with 80% threshold AFTER his attack commands. No one else has a cure with a threshold that high, this is cool because after battle Vaan throws up a cura and still has the ability to fucking walk while casting. Other retards in your party that try to cure after the fight get left behind, aggro random shit, and set off traps :/

I never noticed this. I have Basch and Fran with the same curaga priority on their gambit lists and they seem to cast randomly against each other, no idea of priority between the two of them.

I have not noticed any priority sets...

Its whomever isn't allready undertaking an action at the moment the gambit is needed.

Is that not the common sense answer to this?

I always thought, if all else was tied, highest MP would cast over others, but meh :/

I think the OP is referring to a case where the gambits are the same and no ones doing anything, like standing around with a person having sap or something stupid like that.

I control my tanks and don't use gambits, my DDs are set to Curaga at Ally:HP<30% and healers have Ally:HP<50%=>Curaja then Ally:HP<70% Cura, everything works out well. All my heal gambits have highest gambit listing.

I'm a strong advocate of never using gambits on the character you're actively controlling, but that's just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    I control my tanks and don't use gambits, my DDs are set to Curaga at Ally:HP<30% and healers have Ally:HP<50%=>Curaja then Ally:HP<70% Cura, everything works out well. All my heal gambits have highest gambit listing.

I'm a strong advocate of never using gambits on the character you're actively controlling, but that's just my preference.
    most people change leaders quite often

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I try to not change my leaders a lot..only time I change my leaders is when my current leader dies, and I just randomly choose another leader, toss a phoenix down on the main leader, and i never change leaders other then that.

Same, and I manually control the leader too.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I do too, I have 12 gambits open for use if necessary on my leader, but I usually only have four gambits even with anything on them. Only gambit I use is to attack the party leader's target so that I don't have to keep telling the leader to attack the monster after she hits, lol.

The only time I have to retarget as leader is if she gets put to sleep or confused or something like that >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou

most people change leaders quite often
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    I try to not change my leaders a lot..only time I change my leaders is when my current leader dies, and I just randomly choose another leader, toss a phoenix down on the main leader, and i never change leaders other then that.
    This is what I do. The only time I'm not controlling Vaan or Basch is if they're dead or for some reason I'm using a summon.

Sometimes I fool around on Balthier though, just 'cause he's fuckin' Balthier.