1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Trial Revamped     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Free Trial Revamped

No Time Restriction, lvl35 Cap, 8 Toons, Can Join Groups & Linkshells, Deep Dungeon Access to lvl10
    Square Enix has brought new enhancements to the Final Fantasy XIV free trial in preparation for the upcoming release of Stormblood. The latest update removes the 14-day time restriction previously placed on free trial accounts, allowing anyone to experience the award-winning MMO for free, up to level 35. Players will be able to continue exploring the realm of Eorzea™ for as long as they like, or try out different playable races, classes, and jobs.

These enhancements do not extend only to new free trial accounts—existing or expired free trial accounts will be reactivated, allowing players to continue their previous adventures. Free trial players can access all content up to level 35, create up to eight playable characters (one per World), join parties or linkshell groups with fellow players, and even battle their way to Floor 10 in the Deep Dungeon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wow lv 35 is kind of high for a free trial

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It is only halfway to the new SB level cap and still doesn't let you access the vast majority of the content. You get access to what? 6 or 7 dungeons? A bunch of quests, leves (lol), maybe Gold Saucer stuff?

When is the first primal trial in the storymode? So maybe a couple of those too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ifrit 20, titan 34? I know I would enjoy the shit out of it getting all jobs to 35 for free.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Wow lv 35 is kind of high for a free trial
    Considering the status of XIV I'm not surprised they'd want to give "more" to try to get more players. SB will bring people back for a short time as does every major patch but the Free Trial for XIV was extremely limited, likely to battle RMT but it didn't really attract people much.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You also level so damn quick now that the old trial cap also came up rather quick.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Time restriction means the most to me. On past free weekends, I never even got to log in due to the updates getting stuck while downloading files. Error was never consistent either, crashing the download after 2 minutes or 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    ifrit 20, titan 34? I know I would enjoy the shit out of it getting all jobs to 35 for free.
    I think thats a bad time to end the trial. I loved up until Ifrit. But after Ifrit the MSQ you do the dumbest shit in the world. It's really awkward pacing.