Thread: EXP mob/area speculations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

EXP mob/area speculations

Let's take a cap of all of the new mobs and areas that's been explored as of right now.

Halvung - plausible
    Wajoam - plausible
    Bhefel - plausible
    Aydeewa - plausible

mob types:
    Imp - very possible
    Marid(mammoth) - no way, they spawn those fleas that hit so fast
    Troll - possible but lots of HP
    Qiqirn - seems possible but has some pretty annoying JA's
    Mamool Ja - seems to be pretty easy to kill.. very possible but I didn't see but one of them
    Orobon - only seen 4 ever.. probably not
    Colipri - theres so many of these around... probably great for around level 57-60.

That's all for now, help me out with these as we find some more mobs, and possible exp camps for them 8)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Head SW from the Al'Zahbi West geat.

At the very bottom you'll find the Mamook stronghold.

Every Mamool seemed to be sight aggro, and ranged from EP at the start to EM, though as I passed through a Mammol Ja Lurker (VT and only one I found) he aggrod, this was with both Sneak/Invis on so either the VT Mobs are True Sight, or these detect by smell. Deeper in I found T Spiders, T Ziz (Cockatrice Type) but nothing else anymore worthwhile. It was late and I was tired, mainly looking for the Stagepoint NPC, this time im going in and taking RNG sub to atleast get a vague idea of where it is that I'm going.

I didnt find any coffer's so either the map is purchased, or there is another way of finding it, probably like the other maps of the Strongholds in the Mainland. To say the least, you might be able to XP here due to the abundance of mobs, but without a map your going to get turned around very quickly. I'll be heading to explore it more today, ill input incase I find anything more interesting.

*Edit: Read Zhilas post about Sanction, it shows how you can purchase the map's by being a Second Class Recruit*

There are a bunch of DC to 75 Habetrot-looking crawlers in A-whatever Subterrene that would probably work well for an early-mid 60s party.

Marids would be ok to XP on except for those damn chiggers.

Puks are pretty fun to fight. They have a move that does insane AOE knockback. And... they absorb skillchain damage.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    There are a bunch of DC to 75 Habetrot-looking crawlers in A-whatever Subterrene that would probably work well for an early-mid 60s party.

Puks are pretty fun to fight. They have a move that does insane AOE knockback. And... they absorb skillchain damage.
    ...that is utterly retarded. I would have thought SE would want to STOP manaburns and TP burns...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What type of SC(s) did you try on it? Maybe they only absorb certain elements.

We only noticed it once, the SC was Jin -> DE (or vice versa), I forget offhand if it was Scission or Detonation.

So yeah, very large sample size. :D

I spent quite a while yesterday getting lost in Reef, north of Nashmau.
    Here's what I found:
    DC bones: BLM type, THF type (insane evasion lol), and another type that weilds a scimitar that we never found (possibly a war or rdm?)
    T/VT bones: same
    - standard bone WS, except in addition to (or instead of??) blood sabre they also have malediction which does the same thing (drain hp, wipe shadows) with a new animation.

DC lamia: several job types. I recall fighting rng, smn at least.
    VT/IT lamia: several job types; I seem to remember brd and rng. These are mostly on certain ships or in the far northeast.
    WS info:
    - Tail Slap, conic multi-shadow WS (I blinked it with 2) which stuns+knocks back if it hits
    - Torrent (?), single target strip (think yovra stripga but 1 person)
    - Hypnotic Sway, - vision based conic? or single target WS, ignores shadows, induces Amnesia which can be cured with cursna (or holy water as well, I assume)
    - some other move - AoE paralyze, think "howling"

"Mummies": These are called like "Lamia somethingorother" and are short and stout. You can find them in the far northeast. They're VT
    - They have Thf Evasion and maaaasssssiiiiivvvvveeee HP. They cast some BLM spells (t3, ga2, poisonga2, sleep, bio3) and have triple attack. They take double-damage from nukes, apparently, but have a sick amount of HP.
    WS - we were getting slaughtered by these so I spent all my time trying to stay alive / tank. I did notice: Hastega WS, Protectra WS...

Other things we saw:
    VT Krakens
    A whole gaggle of EP penguins (nonaggro but I assume they'd link if you accidentally hit one)
    DC Leeches
    DC Flesh
    DC/EP Imps in the far northwest
    DC Haunts

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    A whole gaggle of EP penguins (nonaggro but I assume they'd link if you accidentally hit one)
    O.O pics?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

In Mount Zayholm there is are several very nice looking areas with crawlers, crabs, and pugils around. I'm mainly pointing towards the crawlers, but the others are in the area and might be just as good.

Just a note: the crawlers sleep from 18:00 to 06:00, therefore not aggroing or moving at all. I doubt they link while sleeping, also.

There were several at each "camp"ish area, and there were definately nice places to camp around there. If the mobs are 5 minute repops, I would definately take parties there.

The crabs are DC, the crawlers are DC, and the pugils were Tough.

The new red back crawlers also have an added move: Incinerate. It just does fire damage. I haven't had any add effects on me from it yet. (Not sure if they do acid spray or not, never got hit by it yet from them myself)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zhila
    What type of SC(s) did you try on it? Maybe they only absorb certain elements.
    We only noticed it once, the SC was Jin -> DE (or vice versa), I forget offhand if it was Scission or Detonation.

So yeah, very large sample size. :D
    I remember SE saying something about puks being wind element... *digs*

"Puk
    Pronounced "pook," this small, winged beast is believed to be the artificial combination (chimera) of a dragon and some kind of vermin. Also known as "wind wyverns."
    Puks are capable of comprehending speech, and are known to sometimes enter the service of the Mamool Ja Savages. They are swift fliers, adept at scouting out enemy territory and harrying opponents with wind-based attacks."

Relic Shield
    BG Level

West of the Rat town, there are a bunch of birds and nothing else agros right outside of town. There are like 10 of them and they have the same attacks as flamingos. EP at 75, a party of 3 lvl 75 got 21 xp off of them.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

...that is utterly retarded. I would have thought SE would want to STOP manaburns and TP burns...

I don't remember when is the last time I skillchained on melee in xp party. >_> Rampage --> rampage rarely does anything

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't remember when is the last time I skillchained on melee in xp party. >_> Rampage --> rampage rarely does anything
    Rampage >> Rampage never SC >.>

Imps have true sight, do they link too? There small and cast magic so they should have weak hp =o

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah but that sneaky Nin occasionaly sticks a Jin in there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

in Bhefhel thickets theres a different map with a staging point and one spawn point of a few sea puks (t-vt) and BST WAR and WHM mamools (vt-it), they all respawn 5 mins

seems you can chain these infinitely, seems like a good camp..

ps: you have to go through mamook to get here.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I was out in Wajoam earlier today, trying to solo to see how Imperial standing was simillar to CP. I found a nice spot with the Aht Urgan Attercop's and Puk's, on my 68NIN/34WHM, the Puk's checked Even match to Tough, was able to get chain 3 solo (although the bonus exp from sanction wasn't noticeable).

I think that in that area, a party around 62-65 could do very well just pulling Puks over south past the little ruins, i'll have the exact POS up here later. Also, the Puk's use a move (didn't see what its called due to filters) that seem to give it the effect of Utsu:Ichi, giving it three shadows.

Banned.

BG Level

In one of the closer subterrans near the top of the woods. Following left lead me to Habitrot crawlers. The path finally lead to a room with no purpose, but a drop to the left(that brough to a close by room you just left) and like 5-6 crawlers. They con DC and EP I believe(75).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I made my 2 Puk's fight (charmed one, fought one) , the enemey used a wind based magical attack, some wind gust crap, and my pet recovered HP. Finally a classical FF style creature

Wind attack vs Puk = HP+++, this includes spells im guessing.

However their aggro range is insanely big.

Banned.

BG Level

Right outside the Mamool Stagin Point is about more ITs and VTs in one place than I've ever seen. Wyverns, Raptors, Mamool, and Puks. Also, near a cave full of VT spiders.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Rampage burning Spinners(VT@75 spider) near the mamool ja staging point

from eye view around chain 32 is attainable if you include the mamool ja in the area, good exp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast