Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Scarlet Abyssite of Perspicacity

Since no conclusive details have been posted on the wiki and I finally got the bloody thing myself a few days ago, I thought I'd share with you all exactly how it works.

It does not grant bonus EXP - I can confirm this from landing several killshots with capped Gold & Ebon lights after hitting 610/kill in a worms party the other night. That party had also been slow to start up and I was there from the beginning so I couldn't really tell how exactly it worked until earlier tonight.

I was in another Worms party, but this one had been going for a while unlike the previous one, so they were already capped on EXP & Lights. Normally in this scenario I'll be stuck in the low 20's and gradually move up but instead I got about 46 EXP right off the bat and within 30 minutes was netting over 400/kill. I've never seen my EXP per kill climb so fast before, which leads me to conclude that the perspicacity abyssites affect the rate at which you cap EXP/kill.

This makes meriting much, much less painful since now you don't have to wait as long after dumping them to climb back up to optimal EXP. I'm attempting to beat 3 more Abyssea bosses so I can acquire the Ivory abyssite and see how much of a difference having 2 makes.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thank you for your obviously conclusive testing regarding this particular abyssite, which has been a topic of heated debate until now.

Definitely new thread material.

can we ban him now?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    lol
    ^