+ Reply to Thread
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    The Underbog

Advice for creating a video of ffxi

My fiance and I met online over 11 years ago in-game and are planning on getting married this year. We have played across various games including FFXI and I am looking for advice to create a tribute of our time across games to surprise him with.

1) What do people recommend to record in game play or scenes? I have Fraps and used to use that but I remember it creates some large files. Is there anything else?

2) I was planning on using Window Movie Maker, unless there are better options.

3) Since this game is old are there some recommended setting to improve the picture quality (such as Windower). Which plugins or add on would be best to enhance?

4) Does anyone know people who do this on the side or as a job?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions! Also if anyone knows other places I should ask these questions, I welcome direction! Wish me luck!

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I used OBS Link here to stream and capture gameplay. It's not the simplest thing to setup but is much more powerful than most other free options.

For the rest of the questions I don't have many recommendations.

There are TONS of people that have experience doing video editing for video games. I honestly don't know where you could start but maybe with a freelancing website?

Good luck with your project and I hope it turns out well. That's a really sweet idea.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    The Underbog

Hey Thanks! You are the second person to mention OBS.

I would LOVE to find a freelancing website!!! Just not sure where to look. I feel like I have googled everything lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin