Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yet another Vid question for Ondori

Ondori, do you use Fraps to capture the vids? If not, which program do you use? I use Fraps and the files are still sooooo big after compression. Do you use a lower FPS or Res or what. How are your finished vids half the size of 1 min of footage for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

The way they're captured appears to be via video camera. Which is why his Dynamis videos don't lag down horribly like with FRAPs actively recording.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thanks for the reply. So do you think that is the problem with file size? I dont really have a problem with Fraps lagging. It's the fact that 1min 30sec of video is 245mb after compression. Should I be changing it from AVI to MPEG? Would that help? I'm really kinda new to the whole thing. My main concern is file size. Ondori or anyone else, any input would be appreciated. Thanks ( '-')b

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

AVIs save out bigger, and usually MPGs are more compressed. I do NOT use fraps, i use a video camera. Never got fraps to capture in the fps that i wanted... Even if it was just a little, it seemed choppy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Do you use a regular hand-held vid camera? Or one made for comps? Also which program do you use for the MPEG compression? Anyways, thanks alot for replying.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I use a semi-pro sony camera that i have on a tripod that is aim right at the moniter. Also the camera has a 'computer' or 'monitor' mode that it uses to auto-sync it's self. if you dont have this then 60 Hertz refresh will be your closest. I use pinnacle studio's build in mpg saving features. I try to avoid all the codexs

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I use fraps 2.0 or whatever version it is now. the dynamis lord fraps video was like 2 gbs, but when i was done eidting it and compressing it iwas was a mere 33mbs. I just recorded with default settings, edited it in the pos windows moviemakes, and wala.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Interesting D.Head. Thanks for the reply.