+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

T-Mobile and Sidekick? you may wanna read (lolT-Mobile)

BG Mods-Posted in General to reach wider audience but if you feel it should go under Tech. sorry for posting in wrong section.

T-Mobile: we probably lost all your Sidekick data

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetm...pside-down.jpg

Well, this is shaping up to be one of the biggest disasters in the history of cloud computing, and certainly the largest blow to Danger and the Sidekick platform: T-Mobile's now reporting that personal data stored on Sidekicks has "almost certainly has been lost as a result of a server failure at Microsoft/Danger." They're still looking for a way to recover it, but they're not giving users a lot of hope -- meanwhile, servers are still on the fritz and customers are being advised not to let their devices power down because anything that's still on there will be lost the next time the device is turned on. Another communique is promised from T-Mobile on Monday to give everyone a status update on the recovery efforts, but at this point, it's not looking good at all.

Update: Apparently T-Mobile has paused the sale of new Sidekicks, as all models are now listed as "temporarily out of stock" on the company's site. Additionally, a warning as been added to the post on T-Mobile's forum which reads: "Sidekick customers, during this service disruption, please DO NOT remove your battery, reset your Sidekick, or allow it to lose power." Scary stuff, Sidekickers.

Rofl. No wonder why i've been getting those text msgs about my old sidekick shit.

Too bad I hated that phone, and gave it up. Any sidekick phone is horrible tbh.
    The only people I ever see using them are Gangster Hispanics, and Black people.

Owned none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta View Post
    Gangster Hispanics, and Black people.
    God damned right brother, it's about time that the Ku Klucky Klan infiltrayted the Eeeee-luct-tronix to kontinya our racial cleansiation program. Twenty and twelve will finally be our year, yeeeee-hawwww! *Shotguns* *kissing cousins*

Stupid fuck. Anyway, that's crazy. And by that, I mean the part of the story that's actually about the phone. They need to call up that one company that charges a couple hundred or a couple thousand dollars, to undo whatever damage was done to the servers.

Now granted, maybe what the ignorant idiot above me was trying to say is that your typical Sidekick owner usually doesn't have the most intelligent or important conversation stored on their phone("What up!" "where you at?" "School sux lol let's go to the mall" etc). But I think the most recent version, the LX, was trying to be more techy, which probably would've led to a phone more "adult," if you will. So when you're finally trying to take a big step in the right direction, you probably don't want to pull some shit like this.

C'mon son.

Show me a business person who uses a sidekick.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

That's not racist at all.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Rofl. No wonder why i've been getting those text msgs about my old sidekick shit.

Too bad I hated that phone, and gave it up. Any sidekick phone is horrible tbh.
    The only people I ever see using them are Gangster Hispanics, and Black people.

Owned none the less.
    I approve of this message.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And the ghetto simultaneously cried out.

I'm confused.. what effect is this supposed to be having? Mine's working as it always has.

Nevermind, reading helps.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I should ditch T-Mobile already...they don't even carry Blackberry bold

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I had a friend that had the first gen Sidekick and that was an awesome phone. (For 2004 smartphones, anyway.) All the subsequent ones sucked though. :\

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

C'mon son.

Show me a business person who uses a sidekick.
    Cause business people are the only ones that have money to buy one, AMIRITE?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I dont understand, Sidekicks are so shitty they dont have internal memory and make a global server handle everything? Wow, isnt that completely backwards from any cellphone business model out there?

Are there any other crapy companys that do this? My Plam Centro with ATT has all of it's info stored on the phone and the extra sdcard I put in it, plus I can do full backups on it to my PC in case I need to do a system reset on it.

I cant believe there are people who would buy that phone anyway, looks like some toy you would have from gradeschool.

I own one because Its pretty wonderful for texting, and I can count the number of phonecalls I've made this year on two hands.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

So are you black or a hispanic gangster?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Or still ~18 as he texts more than talks, but still, id buy something that looks a bit more business/mature like if I texted a lot.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I make love to my blackberry every day.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love me some Boondocks.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I love my blackberry but my samsung alias2 is really growing on me. I just worry Im going to break the hinge