BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Timing Out Problems

As of recently whenever my fiancee or I R0 and get a time out error from the server, we keep getting locked out of our main characters for somewhere between 30-40minutes. We can log on our mules and can do with them what we please, but our mains will get stuck in the never ending downloading data screen. It's very similar to the problem that occurred at the beginning of last year where some zones were constant R0, however everyone else is fine and it's just relogging that's the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Timing Out Problems

I've been having this problem since last Thursday as well. I assumed it was just some sort of server issue on SE's part.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i've been getting random R0s for about two weeks. I go into any random zone and just start redballing. I know it's not my router because I have my Mac next to my PC and its wireless connection is fine ( I play FFXI wirelessly on a laptop).

The R0s first started in WoTG areas but now happen anywhere. Very rarely do I get booted completely, most times I just lag really bad. It usually goes away after 5-10 minutes.

I usually just zone out and it fixes it, but it becomes a real pain when I start to redball in areas you can't just simply rezone like dynamis or salvage. In those cases, I just restart my PC and it seems to work.

Has anyone else been getting these random R0s too?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

I've been getting a lot of random r0s where my S/R will drop to 0% then mysteriously pick up again. It's terribly annoying.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Did it happen to start for you in WoTG areas? It started for me in Jugner.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

No :/ It started in Ronfaure. It's happened in several zones including Limbus and Dynamis though. I've been getting REALLY bad lag also...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Mine is any zone it decides to happen in. I don't think it's happened in the same zone twice, happens about twice a week. R hits 0 and then I'm stuck on a mule for the next 40min.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Expereinced the same, haven't made out any zones that do it more often than others (despite those I visit more than others). Interestingly, the problem also occurs on "zoning" in and out of Chocobo Free Races (especially annoying when it if after the race, cause the race starts again).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

our dynamis always get the whole dynamis zone R0ing at the specific time, which is 10:30am EST. I believe there might be some problem with the SE server

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This isn't entirely related to the OP, but it's still an issue with getting locked out for awhile--

If I'm brainless/drunk and smack whatever the stupid vista change user key sequence, or hit ctrl+alt+delete for the options screen, XI dies (hooray for ancient engine) and it's basically impossible to get logged back in. On alternating tries, you'll get messages that you're still logged in, or it will go to the zone load screen and give a server error. Strangely, trying to log onto a mule does the same, or even if I shutdown, log out of POL and start from scratch I still get it. Very annoying.

The only 'fix' I have is spamming login of my character and pray it goes through at some point, or wait 10 minutes and then repeat the same process. Time doesn't seem to help it all that much.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I made a thread about a month ago on this exact same thing, I get locked out of my main but can always log on a mule.

Sometimes rebooting the PC will fix it, though it will happen to my fiance's PC at the exact same time. *When* it's failing, I can try to log the same character on through Xbox 360 and I get the same exact failure.

Typically it never fails for more than 10 minutes at a time for me, and it tends to be around 21:00-22:00 when it fails. No clue on a good fix really, I was thinking about switching cable modems or routers until I posted the thread and found out people are having it over many routers and internet providers.

FWIW - Comcast, Belkin N1. Happens across my handmade PC, an iMac with boot camp, an IBM laptop, and a 360. Yay.