+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BG StarCraft     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG StarCraft

blahblahblah

***battle.net accounts; bg crew
    -since accts are easy to make, unless everyone interact in guilds in their servers i recommend us grouping to a specific place... is lag an issue for people? either way, we can make temp accts to use.

-US East:
    rigwarl
    Maguspk
    altwight
    IceDrake(R)
    kazuri

-US West:
    taildvailn
    Ramzus
    MassSuicide
    Waef
    kazuri

***Maps:
    ps: list your favorite maps (names!melee and UMS both) so we can decide on what to play!

-Melee(1vs1, 2vs2, 4vs4; there are observer maps avaliable if people want it. observer maps are the same as the original, except others can enter to watch how both sides duke it out.):
    Lost Temple
    Hunters
    Ride of Valkyries
    Python
    Luna (v1, v2)
    Longinus
    Blue Storm
    Zodiac
    Fastest Map Possible series (well... i'd rather not play since theres not much strategy involved, but if ppl wanna play then np)

-UMS:
    Bounds(Heaven? Hell? i havn't played this shit in forever lol)
    Hydra Grounds (its this fucking awesome map where you 'settle' in an area, a sunken is built and hydras spawn out of it and you fight with other ppl)
    Elements

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

haven't played in a loooong time, but i'm a big fan of hunters/LT, especially hunters race wars games

also <3 the bounds! if there are any still around, might have to reinstall now

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Give your B.net name too if you post in the thread that way OP can get a list going for us.

My B.net name is Maguspk and I'm on fairly often like every other day during the evening or so. I play on US East though, I had a registry for some Enders server awhile back but that got old quick main servers don't lag and are fine.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

I play on USWest. Account name: Waef

Don't really play any melee except just messing around (since I suck at it) but I love UMS maps.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

altwight USeast i suck at melee but i play sometimes. <3 ums

LazyShell
    BG Level

I can do Hamachi, but Chaoslauncher + Battle.net would probably be easier for people (SC launcher program with some LowLatency options). We could also play on iCCup with its launcher for the same reason. But yeah, anyway I'll play. Don't think my accounts on b.net are still active, so I'll have to make a new one before I can post a name.

I haven't gotten to watch proleague or the starleagues much since class started again (2:30AM start time hurts ). I still check results though, and will occasionally catch the vods of some recommended games (like fantasy vs ggplay in OSL recently).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used to play this a loooong time ago but I was a fag and loved zero clutter maps. D:

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

US West: taildvailn

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

USEast: IceDrake(R)
    gogo clan rome tag >.>

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I used to play this a loooong time ago but I was a fag and loved zero clutter maps. D:
    ^

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

USWest: Ramzus

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm down for some old school UMS games. Shoot me a PM here... I have no B. Net name so I'll have to make one.

Man... I love maps like Elements. Anyone have one of those?

ok, if anyone posts their acct ill edit the op. i prefer melee over UMS, maybe cause im korean either way, i'm up for anything really; bounds or marine forces etc, i used to kick some ass in lotr maps too (helms deep v.haldir fuck yes)

i play asia, but honestly its so easy to make an acct on other servers so i dont think it really matters! i have west/east made anyways. would ppl mind if they have to make new accts on other servers?

so anyway... if theres any players that are interested in a tourney, lemme know via pm or post in here! ums or melee, doesn't really matter. i'd be obliged if ppl could list popular UMS maps so we can decide on something. as for melee, i guess LT and BGH are already decided, since they're widely used and the majority would be familiar with the terrain and strategies. i can send official maps korean leagues use to people if they wanna explore, most of them are amazing in terms of play value and reign over blizzard made ones imo

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I'd be interseted in a tournament.

People on US West need to go to US East

I have a fuckton of UMS maps which I prefer but I used to play SC for real a long time ago and it'd be nice to play it for real again.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I'd be interseted in a tournament.

People on US West need to go to US East

I have a fuckton of UMS maps which I prefer but I used to play SC for real a long time ago and it'd be nice to play it for real again.
    lost all of my UMS maps, have to get on and give me some sometime! although i've still been unable to locate my SC discs, but i suppose buying new ones would be worth it, they're what like 5$ now?

Anyway, we should all do some of those zero clutter fa§te§t map things and get really awesome records and go show off.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

US West: MassSuicide. Used to be on dialup and just upgraded to high speed >.> shouldn't lag anymore.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Made a US East account: rigwarl

For maps, I'll list some that I know pretty well (don't know a lot of the newest league maps, but i definitely agree that most blow the original maps out of the water):
    lt/bgh
    blue storm
    zodiac
    longinus
    I know a lot more just from watching, but on the rare occasions I actually play, I usually end up on one of the above.

For ums, I'll play anything. The micro tourney type maps are pretty fun too.

yayaok: did you watch proleague yesterday? probably the first time i've caught it live in awhile... there were some good games in both team matches. Also for the stork match... you think hes going to be able to end BeSt's winning streak?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I just got possible the sickest UMS map I've ever played tonight. It's an RPG and it's extremely good. I was pleasantly surprised. It only has 3 players and definitely is not a "in one sitting" map. I ended up saving with the guys I was playing with after we farmed for a little while, gathering up mats and shit to craft into gear. Got to level 6.

If anyone from BG is interested in starting this map I'll let you dl and we can play a little and keep our progress saved.

^ sounds good, name of map? rpg ums are quite fun, i would love to give it a try. we need to find some time to gather in a chatroom to chat and organize things out for the tourney!

geno: unfortunately i had work, so i missed it. i come home at roughly 2am after teaching/late-night drinks with seniors almost everyday besides wednesday so mmm... but as for stork's semifinals tomorrow, i am seriously pumped. no way am i going to miss it lol
    i've been a samsung khan fan since even before khan's beginning of their legacy! (aka when [gsp]jju, their ex-leader was doing great)
    besides pusan[s.g], tossgirl and [gsp]JJu+_+ i think stork is my fav. he's definately better than best imo, i think he has what it takes to beat him. best is a A-rank player no doubt, but he's more of a... unit-overwhelm player while stork is literally the next nal_ra. i believe he along with his "pupil" (the other good toss player in khan) will take over as the next-gen role models for protoss. but honestly... it'll be a close call. depends on how they take in wins/losses and stuff, you know?

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by yayaok View Post
    ^ sounds good, name of map? rpg ums are quite fun, i would love to give it a try. we need to find some time to gather in a chatroom to chat and organize things out for the tourney!

geno: unfortunately i had work, so i missed it. i come home at roughly 2am after teaching/late-night drinks with seniors almost everyday besides wednesday so mmm... but as for stork's semifinals tomorrow, i am seriously pumped. no way am i going to miss it lol
    i've been a samsung khan fan since even before khan's beginning of their legacy! (aka when [gsp]jju, their ex-leader was doing great)
    besides pusan[s.g], tossgirl and [gsp]JJu+_+ i think stork is my fav. he's definately better than best imo, i think he has what it takes to beat him. best is a A-rank player no doubt, but he's more of a... unit-overwhelm player while stork is literally the next nal_ra. i believe he along with his "pupil" (the other good toss player in khan) will take over as the next-gen role models for protoss. but honestly... it'll be a close call. depends on how they take in wins/losses and stuff, you know?
    I think I'm still gonna give the edge to BeSt. I actually do like Stork as a player and I do think he is the most consistent and best all around protoss, but in like every league recently he has shown a history of losing to rising talent when he gets near the top: Bisu, Jaedong, and Flash for example. BeSt seems like a great example of that type of player to me, and it doesn't help for Stork that PvP is easily his best matchup. I think the match will go either one of two ways. I think there's a chance Stork will choke like he did against JD and go 0-3, but I doubt it. More likely I think the series will go to 5, and its going to be too hard to guess who wins it (hopefully it is like the awesome PvP Bo5 with Bisu a couple seasons ago).

And just to list some of my favorites: Team, I like CJ best. I cant help it as a savior fan, but I also like Much, iris, xellos, kwanro, and effort. After that, I like SKTelecomT1 (<3 oov even if hes just a coach), and lecaf (just because they are so dominant right now). Favorite players of all time include of course Boxer, but also Nal_ra, savior, and iloveoov. I like Nada and yellow too, but those 4 are my favorites for sure. I got savior, yellow, and nada to sign a poster I bought at blizzcon; I wish I coulda got ra, oov, and boxer too .