+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Yu-gi-oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution

https://www.siliconera.com/yu-gi-oh-...march-24-2020/

We learned that Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Konami announced its release date of March 24, along with an update for Switch on the same day.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution offers over 10,000 cards to collect, build, and customize your deck. The game boasts the biggest roster yet with over 150 Duelists. You can relive moments and Duels from the animated series, featuring Yami Yugi, Seto Kaibo, Yami Marik, Yubel, and Soulburner.

Moreover, the game features the new rule change coming April 1, 2020. Online multiplayer allows for Duels against friends and other players worldwide. In addition to Ranked Matches, there are other modes including Sealed Play and Booster Draft Play.

As for the Nintendo Switch version, it will receive all the new content in a free update. The update includes new cards like Crystron Halqifibrax and a bunch of others as part of a major addition. The update will also add 15 additional new characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.
    Excited for the new master rule update. I picked this game up a couple months ago (after 3+ years of not touching a game) and didnt have a clue what was going on at first lol

I'm just hoping for an easier way to unlock cards. Building decks is the most fun I have with the game but they made is so horrendously tedious to unlock everything.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My old school brain still itches at link summons and pendulum.

Ridill
    BG Level

I dont have a great grasp at the massive link combos that seem to define the metagame. Honestly didnt even mess with pendulum.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

All I remember was borrowing my friend's Command Knight deck and Command locking people left and right. Was fun.

Ridill
    BG Level

I quit irl near the beginning of Rank monster introduction but played the next game that had come out on 3DS. Sold my cards for about $1400 and then Konami just completely stopped making yugioh video games.

This game was super nice in that with the campaign modes in that it goes through the anime arcs and introduces all the new mechanics as you go through them.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I sold off majority of my collection and quit right before Pendulum summons became a thing. I recently went back to the shop and they showed me what link summon is and I just nope'd out- too much shit going off on the 1st turn to care.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I never played it hardcore, but I played Yu-Gi-Oh around the Syncro Summon era. I enjoyed that... but everything past that is no-mans-land for me.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    I sold off majority of my collection and quit right before Pendulum summons became a thing. I recently went back to the shop and they showed me what link summon is and I just nope'd out- too much shit going off on the 1st turn to care.
    You can summon so many fucking monsters on turn 1 it's ridiculous

also does anyone play this on switch?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    You can summon so many fucking monsters on turn 1 it's ridiculous

also does anyone play this on switch?
    I do. Took a break from it to play pokemon, but with this announcement I'll proabably go back to unlocking more cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    From what a friend told me, current yugioh meta is, if you cant- at the very least- set up a turn two victory while negating any chance of your opponent to do anything, your deck is trash.

I'll just be sticking to the video games thanks very much lol

It'll probably only get worse with the new master rule not restricting synchros and the such to the 1 zone, but itll at least make a few more decks more viable at least.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

YuGiOh sounds stupid now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's gone off the deep end with OTKs now. Special summon this and that to bring out this crazy boss monster etc

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh yeah, and the other big change that's been prevelant in the last few metas is the increasing prevalence of hand trap monsters and that of using practically no trap cards unless you can activate them straight from your hand or grave.

SW-1333-8402-0246 is my switch code though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ridill
    BG Level

I've gone through so many packs on the game trying to get that card and nothing. Only gotten its sisters.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wtf that's bullshit

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

And still probably not as broken as you think it is considering the amount of card combos and special summoning and recomboing that can be done.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    And still probably not as broken as you think it is considering the amount of card combos and special summoning and recomboing that can be done.
    Hell you're graveyard is your 2nd deck with all the combos to bring things back from the GY. But yeah I'll add you on switch later.

Anyways to be on topic what kind of decks are worth trying to make in the early game? I made a gravekeepers deck but that will only get me so far in story mode duels and I don't even want to attempt online with this deck. I was thinking of making a xyz or a synchro deck but not sure what to toss together. Only got about 5-6 hrs on this.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Real talk, I looked into YGO back when the show first aired. I had been playing MTG for over half a decade at that point, and even back then the game struck me as half translated calvinball.

Ridill
    BG Level

Anyways to be on topic what kind of decks are worth trying to make in the early game? I made a gravekeepers deck but that will only get me so far in story mode duels and I don't even want to attempt online with this deck. I was thinking of making a xyz or a synchro deck but not sure what to toss together. Only got about 5-6 hrs on this.
    Ok, 1st deck that you can steamroll campaign with;
    Do the GX campaign until you unlock the Bastion Misawa pack. It's only the second pack to unlock for it. Inside his pack is the entirety of the Dark World Archetype and a lot of dinosaurs, including Ultimate Conductor Tyranno. Other staples are scattered throughout all the other packs, but Bastion's pack alone will get you through a lot.
    The Seto Kaiba pack can get you decent Blue Eyes Max Chaos deck but I wouldnt suggest it at first because a lot of the cards are incredibly, incredibly incredibly rare.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got lucky in getting 2 copies of the tyranno funny enough. Scuffed dino deck rn till I get better stuff but I like it.