Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gilfinder Info?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Faithe

Gilfinder Info?

I just got my New Year furniture and now I have Moghancement: Money. My thief is at level 1 lol so I was wondering if there is any information on gilfinder?

I did a search on the forum but I came up with nothing. More information about treasure hunter than gilfinder.

From Wiki, what I understand is that Gilfinder Trait gives 50% and each equipment gives 50%? Do they stack? I think a 75 THF can get up to Gilfinder+5? Gloves, Pants, Necklace, Trait, and Mog Money?

I tried other forums like alla and ifrit but got no results. Did a search on google for gilfinder lmao and all I got is buy gil.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not sure if you're thinking this could be a reliable way of income, but if you are, then no.

I don't have the specifics on gilfinder, but the only times I've had decent benefits from gilfinder when I've been farming beastman for a very long period of time waiting for an NM to pop. Gilfinder as a JT and the the other stuff added don't make them worthwhile imo to buy or equip. In fact I've never even noticed an increase with relic pants, so I'm somewhat confused as to what they do.

*Edit*
    I believe I remember reading that the gilfinder effect on the Moghancement is something like a 10% activation rate as well, but this has been a long while and I believe it was on the otherwiki that I saw it. If it has been removed then it's possible that was an outright falsification, but I remember seeing that last.

Faithe

I don't care about being reliable income. I just want some information about it because there are none. Do they stack? Anyone know?

Edit: errr basically if they stack I'll keep this frame for the lol. If they don't stack, I'm putting it back to my Moghancement: EXP and forget about wasting time level thief to 5.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

if it helps any, I do think Andvaranauts only give 1 gil bonus per kill

So every gilfinder+'amount' item should mean +'amount' gil

But well it's what I heard, don't even have the gloves myself. It is very unlikely it is 50% like you said tho.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was up in UpperDT killing Gigas for pops with relic pants and Andvaranauts for fun and i noticed i would get a big spike in gil every few mobs like 350-400 instead of the normal 150-200. I left rather quickly to help a friend but reading this made me think of it, maybe there is a proc rate or something for the 50% more but who knows just a thought.

Someone in the drop thread or one of those threads posted a screenshot of soloing Serket, and just on a whim I asked myself, "I wonder if the gil he received was the multiple of a fraction of 256?" 20,000 * (393/256) = 30703, which is exactly what he got, so my guess is that either gilfinder is a 384/256 increase and he was wearing some armor to get the additional 10/256, or that Gilfinder gives a range of possible values around 1.5 increase from base, with gear increasing that range.

In any event, I think using an NM that gives a fixed amount of gil above, say, 1000, should be an adequate test subject for investigating this question. And assuming that it does behave in fractions of 256, it shouldn't take long to get a good general picture of how it all works.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Plenty of NM mobs give a static drop in gil. It's very easy to test how much the enhancement is helping. Faf Hands(I can't spell the name) were like a 10-50% increase, I forget. Anyway since you have the Mogenhancement why don't you test it and post results. First NM that comes to mind is: Beryl-footed Molberry - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki. Tonberry Rattle is always up and it drops 6k base gil.

All of the Beastmen Kings are surrounded by NMs that respawn every 20ish min or so, and drop a static 10k gil I think? Using Gilfinder+ is a consistant method to make gil, not to mention they usualli have goodies that NPC or sell on AH. If you're able to make your way to one of those, that would be a good way to test the gil+%~

New Merits
    BG Level

Well, I was wondering this too. I was going to level my THF/BST to 75 and farm the tree for gil. I was going to get all the gilfinder+ I could get my hands on for Aquarius (Drops a static 18k, easily soloable, and rarely camped) and apparently coffers seem to be affected by gilfinder. I quit with the idea when SE gimped coffersfor gil. I mean, it was a good idea to make it so you couldn't open it again immediately, but to add 15-30min to the fucking wait? Faggots.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Coffers have been retarded, I was soloing Despot placeholders and got 1 key on Tuesday, found a coffer, opened, logged out. Logged back in Wednesday and soloed a few more and got another key. Found the coffer but it disappeared. Found it a few more times and it was still an illusion. Got slightly annoyed and tossed my key because I needed inventory space. I spent nearly 1 hour running around too.

God knows how the cool down works....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Coffers have been retarded, I was soloing Despot placeholders and got 1 key on Tuesday, found a coffer, opened, logged out. Logged back in Wednesday and soloed a few more and got another key. Found the coffer but it disappeared. Found it a few more times and it was still an illusion. Got slightly annoyed and tossed my key because I needed inventory space. I spent nearly 1 hour running around too.

God knows how the cool down works....
    I had the same experience. About two days ago I got a Kuftal coffer key while goofing around on mobs in between Devil Manta pops. I later went to find the coffer, popped it and got about 10K gil.

Fast forward to today and I open a few of those newbie chests that the low level mobs are dropping. Was the first time I'd seen these so I played about killing a few lowbie mobs for about 10 minutes and opening chests. These are the only chests I've opened since the coffer in Kuftal. Then much later on I get a chest key (note not coffer) in Fei'Yin. The first three times I find the chest it's an illusion. I eventually found it about 45 mins later and I got about 6K Gil from it.

I thought this was stupid because there's no AF from that chest. Even the map quest for the zone isn't related to the chest. wtf SE?!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Do you lose your key if it is an illusion?

Anyway back on topic. I tried going out with the relic pants, and andvarnauts. Couldnt think of any nms where I could get a static amount (I might try that tonberry now that I have somewhere to start) But since killing beastmen seems like a random drop amount I couldnt get any solid numbers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

You do not lose the key to "Illusion" coffers.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Coffers/chest cooldown is based on the last time the chest was opened, not on your individual coffer opening timer. Once any chest in the zone is opened for gil/items, it will respawn instantly but be unable to be opened for gil/items for another 30 mins (regardless of who tries). If you try to open it before the chest's respawn is up it'll say it's an illusion and move to another spot. The only thing chests/coffers are good for during this in between time is AF, maps, and key items from quests.