FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Huzzah

Lack of the elder sister being a main character is saddening however.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Old Merits
    BG Level

The two younger siblings are the most uninteresting characters of the bunch.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hnh, looking forward to it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Was one of my favorite Narnia books, hopefully it ends alright

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Definitely agree no elder sister is disappointing. Seeing her with her bow kicking some ass was one of the best parts of the earlier films. But it looks like younger sister might pick that up and it looks like she may have grown up a bit since the earlier stories. Looks like the guy hasn't though, useless fuck. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Lack of the elder sister being a main character is saddening however.
    The older brother and older sister don't return to Narnia ever again after the second book/movie. They grew up and can no longer contribute to Narnia nor have Narnia help them. It's some sort of Christian metaphor.

In the last Narnia books all four of them die in a train wreck in the real world and the two older brothers and the younger sister get to go back to Narnia/someplace special (AKA the Rapture) while the older sister doesn't get to go because she had started using make-up and had a boyfriend (AKA she's a fallen woman undeserving of Narnia anymore). It's all fucked up misogynistic crap. The movies, I think, tried to move away from the Christian subtext and play themselves off as magical adventure stories however.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All the christian subtext wasnt until near the end when everyone kept on telling the author that it was a christian allegory and he said "fuck it, why not?" and then proceed to go overboard with it. Until around the end any Christan subtext was either an accident or purely in the minds of the readers. He did however borrow shit from everywhere and all mythologies.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the 'lion' was humiliated, mocked, and killed as an atonement or sarcifice and came back to life, how is that in any way unintentional? even if it was just supposed to be a 'messiah' and not "the Messiah" it's pretty damn blatant

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As i said. near the end it was intentional but before then it was mostly an accident. Everyone told him it was a Christan story and he ran with it.
    If you look at it there's just as much shit from other religions splattered about everywhere.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Would be cooler if they did the first book as a movie D:

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Before you flip out, Qalbert, realize that the series has been published two different ways; one with The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe as book 1, and one with The Magician's Nephew as book 1 (being the birth of Narnia itself).

Myrrh is likely referring to the second.

It's funny reading some of you complaining about the elder sister not being there, can tell who has and hasn't read the books

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Would be cooler if they did the first book as a movie D:
    The movies are being released in the original published order rather than chronological order. So many things would be spoiled if they started with The Magician's Nephew, which should be read 6th and not 1st.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    It's funny reading some of you complaining about the elder sister not being there, can tell who has and hasn't read the books
    I am fully aware the elder sister isn't/wasn't going to be there. Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Before you flip out, Qalbert, realize that the series has been published two different ways; one with The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe as book 1, and one with The Magician's Nephew as book 1 (being the birth of Narnia itself).

Myrrh is likely referring to the second.

was not aware of that, I was like, wtf is he talking about

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    I am fully aware the elder sister isn't/wasn't going to be there. Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in it.
    ^

I had no idea that The Magician's Nephew should be read 6th. :/ I read it first, fuck me.

Though, I think I saw the movie first anyway. I can't remember at this point, it's been too long.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah Magician's Nephew, if read first, will confuse the hell out of ya in the end. Although, it is too much of a Creation story to be made in to a movie (imo)

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I read Magician's Nephew first, it was fine. It sets an interesting canvas for the rest of the stories, instead of being a flashback of sorts. Plus the story from Silver Chair into Last Battle congeals better without that interruption in between.

Lewis just wrote it 6th, is all.