Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What is this, I don't even....how would anyone get to Floor 100 in 30 minutes? Even if you were lucky and each time you picked ??? Floor you advanced 9 floors, you would have to beat like 11 floors PLUS the 100th Floor Boss (1, 10, 19, 28, 37, 46, 55, 64, 73, 82, 91, 100). And the odds of advancing 9 floors each time are astronomical....

There has to be a gimmick.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Renzy View Post
    From a floor 20 Boss, basically a squishy version of Medusa.
    Waiting 30 minutes to go again D:

http://s15.postimage.org/h0wg4iw2j/f...3_20_26_18.png
    image host
    Is using BG bucket really that hard?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    My mind is blown in so many ways about how badly they seem to have botched the way the drops work on this. Perhaps it would be easier to be forgiving if there was any other content in this update... One can only hope there's some trick to either advancing through floors faster or starting at a higher level somehow.
    Or enough people complain for long enough, to make this a mirror copy of Old Nyzul, and just slightly harder due to higher levels/mobs. One can dream right? Right? <.<

Sucks, Nyzul was one of my favorite things to do back in the day, and this Neo version is making it very hard to even want to try based on how it's set up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    There has to be a gimmick.
    The more I think about it, the less I think there's a gimmick. That armor (the top tier stuff) is insanely good across the board, significantly better than pre-existing stuff. This is an inane cockblock to prevent the masses from getting their hands on it, but if there was a gimmick there wouldn't really be a cockblock at all (assuming the level 100 fight itself isn't ridiculously challenging).

Not defending what they did here, but if there was a "trick" to getting F100, we would see everyone with this new gear very quickly. Trials would have been nice, but that might have taken more then 5 minutes to develop.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No one has noticed any time extensions from beating boss floors right? Only way I could see keeping 20/40/60/80 relevant

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

id rather see everyone with it, than gear sitting there on a floor thats nearly impossible to reach.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Only way I could see keeping 20/40/60/80 relevant
    A majority of the gear from level 80 (+3) is still useable. Even some of the stuff from level 60 (+2).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Highly doubt that they would add time extensions to an event that they already feared would cause congestion.(hence the 30min delay)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Useable but hardly what I'd want to spend my tags getting.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
    id rather see everyone with it, than gear sitting there on a floor thats nearly impossible to reach.
    As I said, I'm not defending the system. I think it's ridiculous, but I'll at least wait a few days to see if there are any tricks to advancing faster, extending time, whatever. There's probably stuff we don't know, considering we're basing our assumptions on like two or three runs of information. Still, all signs point to sad faces so far.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Useable but hardly what I'd want to spend my tags getting.
    What were you spending them on before? Just seems like a risk/reward thing, but the risk vs. reward ratio is super way off to get to F100. Honestly I'd be (almost) totally happy with some of the +3 stuff if it was significantly easier to get than the F100 stuff.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

theres probably some sort of method. i remember when abyssea first came out, we dismissed it as a way to xp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Not defending what they did here, but if there was a "trick" to getting F100, we would see everyone with this new gear very quickly. Trials would have been nice, but that might have taken more then 5 minutes to develop.
    The "trick" to getting better drops in Voidwatch is procs. Yet you don't see everyone walking around in Toci's or Mekira's.

Even by SE standards, if there isn't SOME method of at least landing on boss floors more reliably or a way to "save" progress then this goes well beyond just being horrible rates/artificial means of restricting ability to obtain gear.

Speaking of, anyone just hold NM's and see if they can or cannot be proc'ed?

Edit: On top of that has anyone tried to see if the base gear can possibly be crafted or synergized to MAKE the +1/2/3/HQ stuff like with lvl 30 ish nation items? Course that probably would have shown up in the .dat files.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Yet you don't see everyone walking around in Toci's or Mekira's.
    Right, but the drop rate on those is what, 1%? The drop rate on armor from here seems to be more like 200% (2 drops per fight), so the cock block isn't the drop rate, but the access to the fight itself (granted the drop rate on any individual piece would be ~2/15 assuming everything's equal). If all our assumptions about this event are correct, I do agree that it's pretty terribly set up. Suppose we'll find out in the next few days.

Trigun

There is a new disc for recording floors?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alright, so just did Nyzul 1-20 with a few friends. Setup was SAM, SAM, WAR, WHM, THF, RDM.

Jumped a few floors, forgot to record but from memory:

Floor 1 > Specific enemy, was an Ameretat. NM: Tococo, didn't kill.
    Floor 6 > Group, was Racing Chariot x2. No NMs in sight.
    Floor 13 > Specific enemy, was a Bull Bugard. NMs: Tococo again, no kill. We were sorta rushing through.
    Floor 19 > Leader, some flan, I forgot the name. Took a lot to kill, mostly because of physical defense. B4 from RDM did about 300ish.
    Floor 20 > Troll Boss > Dabargar the Stoic. Uses Sledgehammer (damage+Petrify), Incessant Fists (6-700ish Damage), Haymaker (300ish~ Damage, Knockback, and Amnesia) and Pleiades Ray (Lots of status aliments... silence, poison, virus, paralyze, stun, blind to my immediate memory, bring Cleric's Drinks), as well as Arcane Stomp, which sorta screwed up both of us SAMs because we accidentally skillchained here and there. Lots of HP, high defense. Shohas were doing roughly 400-500 damage to him. Monk type, countered a few times.

Drops: Tethyan Clogs, Rheic Schuhs.

378 Tokens without leader.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Has anyone tried advancing after clearing a boss? Perhaps it lets you jump in higher increments if you clear a boss or something. Granted there's still only so much you can do in 30 minutes. Maybe certain mobs grant minimal time extensions (I'm thinking how gears used to take away one minute per kill, maybe there's something that adds a minute or so)? I doubt there will be any revelations that will guarantee F100 every time, but as it seems right now, F100 is basically impossible to get to, so I'd think there's some trick in there.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

5 free floors per run, the rest being kill specified enemy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We just got the mage cuffs +2 off the level 60 boss. Looks very likely that the NQ/HQ1/HQ2/HQ3/HQ4 pattern is accurate. I'll expand this post with more details in a sec.
    Floor 1: All touch
    Floor 7: Specified Enemy
    Floor 14: Enemy Leader, Mad Miner Boboroon - THF mob, very high evasion and he walks around dropping bombs instead of really fighting you.
    Floor 18: Kill all, Numbing Norman
    Floor 23: Specified Enemy
    Floor 29: Kill all (dragons)
    Floor 38: All touch
    Floor 39: Family = Racing Chariots (I don't know the type), Yal-un Eke, Sekmeht
    Floor 40: Boss = Stealthlord Haraal Ja, Decussate for AoE damage in addition to Tyrranic Blare and Vorpal Wheel :: dropped Cotton pouch and the WAR/SAM/etc head +1
    Floor 49: Specified Enemy, Skull of Pride
    Floor 51: Lamps Order, Skull of Lust
    Floor 60: Boss = Stheno still, used Pinning Shot this time in addition to her petrify moves (AoE, took two shadows). :: dropped Cotton pouch and the WHM/SMN/etc hands +2
    1178 tokens (leader)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Perhaps if you have a higher disc clear it'll potentially let you move more floors with the ??? option.