Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3D Rendering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

3D Rendering

3 Mages Door

Just a little project I did last month. Modeled/Textures/Lighting by me.

Any Feedback welcomed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2/5 Could use more lens flare.

Its not Lens Flare: Just a Bright Light

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I don't get why all the surfaces are shiney. The ruins are old and were carved out of rock, not laminated. >_> Should be rough and dark imo.

Would be pretty awesome if the game looked like that. Get to work.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Slide a few in game characters in there too for the genuine look. Otherwise it does look pretty.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I like the shiny look even though it does look like ruins. Looks badass....my 3D rendering sucks shit haha

too shiny

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The obvious answer here is that it's clearly next gen and therefore, shiny.

On a more serious note, that looks really cool. :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not being picky.. but.. (Always is a but), There is a mistake on the 3 mages platform. If you are facing the door, the whm is to the left, blm to the right and the rdm is at the back. Its a very nice job done tho, if it was damp in the cave with that type of lighting, the light would be bouncing off the slabs in aroun the ruins.

Beholder of Methane
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    2/5 Could use more lens flare.
    MOAR FLARE

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Outside of needing a dirt map, and maybe some lighting that isn't blue that's very nice~ But yeah, procedural textures wut, and what software was this? Don't say Maya.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Nice. Don't let the forum mouthbreathers get you down on your 3d work, it's obvious you're still in the learning phase and not a pro, because if you were a pro, you wouldn't be wasting time on recreating FF scenes when you could be doing stuff for cash.

Anyway, what software are you using? Asking because I want to know if you're using a freebie 3d program or a higher end one that supports HDRI. Your pictures will look nicer with HRDI but if you're still learning, keep at the modelling rather than getting lost and confused in other unnecesary steps.

HRDI? You mean HDRI? I didn't use that for this project. Tho I probably should have. I didn't even use an environment sphere which I should have for lighting purposes. =X

I'm use Maya 2008 for all my stuff... except this one. This was a 1 month project for a class where we had to learn 3dsmax and do a project at the same time which kept me from doing higher quality work. I did choose a FFXI project since even tho I quit playing a year ago I still stay up to date with what's going on with the game. (320 days of gameplay caused the addiction)

As far as the modeling goes, this scene is just for the reference I went off of, guess next time I'll pick something harder. I did a castle level (Group Project) for unreal 3 using Maya! (Attached) =)

This is the line of work I'm going to be applying for next year after I have my degree and demo reel ready. My dream company would be square of course, but there's that darn language barrier that I would have to overcome, but I already know of a job I can get in japan so maybe there is still a chance.