Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HQ Myths and Facts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

HQ Myths and Facts

I think its about time we need a topic about HQ's the myths and facts about it

I myself have read sooooooooooooooooo many posts saying DARKSDAY + FULL MOON = TEH PWN and i have seen this to be true when making ash lumber with lumberjack. then i also heard a few ppl say its NEW MOON + LIGHTS DAY i should go get XXXXXX item synth brb ect.... now i have gotten somewhat mixed results on this day as well so im not sure if its good for synths ect.

The point of this post is to seperate the MYTH FROM THE FACT if you say you have fact please please please BACK IT UP WITH EVIDENCE! please dont do this -> "one time i was facing south and.... 8 HQ in 9 syths!"

if anyone wants to post the basics for best HQ results and the crystal/day hq thingy because i am so confused as far as who is right and who is wrong.O_o

Fact: this thread is going nowhere.

Its crafting...it's not possible to prove fact from myth. I could HQ 10 Lvl 100 synths in a row, on the most random day, and it still wouldn't be "fact" that it was a good day to synth. Face it, people will get lucky and then assume that it was the day/moon phase that was the reason.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's like critical hits... You never know it's gonna happen until it has happened.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What about sneak attack?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Clever Wulf, lol.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Fact: this thread is going nowhere.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    What about sneak attack?
    Then it's like doing it on a mob solo that's resistant to your sleep bolts.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The secret to HQ involves giving me gil. Only then will you HQ sometimes.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    The secret to HQ involves giving me gil. Only then will you HQ sometimes.

Do you take cross-server checks?

E. Body
    BG Level

Here's an awesome crafting secret thats not a myth:

at level 100 you should theoretically HQ something thats level 7 at a 45%ish rate but instead you'll only get about 1/12 if you're lucky!

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

I HQ'd something once

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

There's a myth that HQ is purely based on Moon, Day, and the difference between your skill and the item's cap.

The fact is if you're a good, honest player, trying to make gil, you will always HQ if you're making something for someone else for no profit. And you will never HQ if you're trying to make money.

If you're an RMTer or you MPK or steal mobs, then you'll do awesome when you use your ill-gotten gil to raise a craft, and you'll HQ quite a few expensive skillup items as well accidently go 80% on some high priced stuff.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I HQ'd a Pineapple Juice...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    There's a myth that HQ is purely based on Moon, Day, and the difference between your skill and the item's cap.

The fact is if you're a good, honest player, trying to make gil, you will always HQ if you're making something for someone else for no profit. And you will never HQ if you're trying to make money.

If you're an RMTer or you MPK or steal mobs, then you'll do awesome when you use your ill-gotten gil to raise a craft, and you'll HQ quite a few expensive skillup items as well accidently go 80% on some high priced stuff.

100% correct

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ankiseth wrote:

couldn't agree more.

RMT cc'er on the server made 3 cursed-1 mitts, makes a fuckload of other HQ's as well. stole a bank from his old HNM ls as well. gotta love it.

i think the real secret to HQ's is just synthing more. play with day / direction all you want but you're not going to hq if you don't try.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

only HQ fact is "Believe in the law of averages". The more synth you will make, the more HQ you will get. It's also true for NQ and for failures, too.

This was first explained to me by my old friend the Captain Obvious. And that old fucker was right...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I will pass on all of my knowledge about crafting.

A bad synthing day will never turn into a good one. If your HQs are below average on your first stack of materials, just stop because it won't get any better.

Regression to the mean only affects good synth results. If you go 6 out of 12 on a synth that you are 31 over the cap for, just stop because you are going to start losing money soon.

Some items are easier to HQ than others. Rice Dumplings will HQ under skill, but Hedgehog Pies will rarely HQ even 11 over skill.

Square hates us and made crafting as frustrating as they could.

Stalkmore has a genie weskit.~

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth

100% Accurate.